Stock Recovery

Search This thread

chazglenn3

May 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA, USA
Is it possible to boot into the stock recovery on the T-Mobile G2? When I try the little green Android appears for a second and then the phone boots normally.

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
What does fastboot look like?

It will have some options and you move up and down with vol - and +. I had on original g.....what are you trying to do.....I don't know if you can....

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Some ppl have gotten to it...but I don't have stock recovery to even check

chazglenn3

May 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA, USA
It will have some options and you move up and down with vol - and +. I had on original g.....what are you trying to do.....I don't know if you can....

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Some ppl have gotten to it...but I don't have stock recovery to even check

I rooted a friends phone and installed TWRP recovery for him. He decided that he wanted to take the OTA so I removed TWRP and installed the stock recovery image. After doing this the phone hasn't been able to find the OTA update. I was just wondering if I might not have gotten the stock recovery to install correctly. :confused:

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I rooted a friends phone and installed TWRP recovery for him. He decided that he wanted to take the OTA so I removed TWRP and installed the stock recovery image. After doing this the phone hasn't been able to find the OTA update. I was just wondering if I might not have gotten the stock recovery to install correctly. :confused:

If you could try goomanger and press boot to recovery or when phones off press volume down+ power and let go when lg logo appears to see

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I don't think you can restore stock recovery....would have better luck flashing a ROM with the ota already or restore to stock then accept ota .....

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Here's a stock ROM with ota, read the thread though for any problems or check out other Roms

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595586

chazglenn3

May 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA, USA
If you could try goomanger and press boot to recovery or when phones off press volume down+ power and let go when lg logo appears to see

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I don't think you can restore stock recovery....would have better luck flashing a ROM with the ota already or restore to stock then accept ota .....

That's a bummer. Thanks. I did try to press volume down and power, that is when the little green Android appeared for a second then the phone rebooted normally. Tried with ROM Toolbox Pro also.