Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
some god dev should take this mission, you are right. master shifu varun took this challange, but he isn`t working on it anymore i think. i`m working on that myself,too , but not booting right now. I`m just use it for compiling apps from scratch for my custom ROM.

kaza

Sep 14, 2008
Évora
Hi guys, I am going to buy Acer Liquid E2 (http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_e2-5418.php)
I can get it for 199.99€ where I live, that's an amazing price for the specs, and like you guys, I would love to see CM running on this device.

With the amount of devices coming with MTK 6589 we need to make a petition for Mediatek to release the ril source code.
We need to make them see, that this devices supporting custom roms would make them win much more money and come closer to big names like Qualcomm :good:

ghiurtuv

Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys, I am going to buy Acer Liquid E2 (http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_e2-5418.php)
I can get it for 199.99€ where I live, that's an amazing price for the specs, and like you guys, I would love to see CM running on this device.

With the amount of devices coming with MTK 6589 we need to make a petition for Mediatek to release the ril source code.
We need to make them see, that this devices supporting custom roms would make them win much more money and come closer to big names like Qualcomm :good:

Is a good phone,you have exactly the specification from my Xolo q800,same chipset,same camera,same gpu,same ram,same everything ;)

gowtham121

May 30, 2013
www.hacktohell.org
The complete kernel source, along with all the drivers are available through Wiki CINK 5, a french company. The Android sources are still at large so no dual SIM support, but with this kernel source, Cyanogenmod or AOSP can be ported to mt6589 based drivers ? Can a dev do it, (with only support for a single SIM alas)

The CM source tree is huge, I am downloading, it's gonna take days, can anyone else please look into this ...

http://geek.wikoplus.com/index.php?tel=33e75ff09dd601bbe69f351039152189

Reactions: Thomas Vaccarini

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
The complete kernel source, along with all the drivers are available through Wiki CINK 5, a french company. The Android sources are still at large so no dual SIM support, but with this kernel source, Cyanogenmod or AOSP can be ported to mt6589 based drivers ? Can a dev do it, (with only support for a single SIM alas)

The CM source tree is huge, I am downloading, it's gonna take days, can anyone else please look into this ...

The MT6589 / MT6577 "sources" are useless.
MediaTek refuses to release alot of it's own code (like RIL, Gemini, etc)

You cant compile an rom if you dont own all the code, even if it's for an single SIM Phone.

showstopper1

gowtham121

May 30, 2013
www.hacktohell.org
Ah the source code of mediatek-res.apk, Thermal manager and all other stuff is needed. :( btw, did you try decompiling Thermal Manager and Engineering mode apk, for some reason APKTool does not extract the smali files :C

filipsworks

Sep 13, 2011
Ah the source code of mediatek-res.apk, Thermal manager and all other stuff is needed. :( btw, did you try decompiling Thermal Manager and Engineering mode apk, for some reason APKTool does not extract the smali files :C

first u need to
Code:
baksmali -a 15 -x mediatek-framework.odex -d framework -o mediatek-framework
to get the smali files.

U need to have baksmali.jar and .bat in the workdir, and in the framework dir (inside that workdir) u need to have:
Code:
am.jar
am.odex
android.policy.jar
android.policy.odex
android.test.runner.jar
android.test.runner.odex
apache-xml.jar
apache-xml.odex
bmgr.jar
bmgr.odex
bouncycastle.jar
bouncycastle.odex
bu.jar
bu.odex
com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar
com.android.future.usb.accessory.odex
com.android.location.provider.jar
com.android.location.provider.odex
com.google.android.maps.jar
com.google.android.media.effects.jar
com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar
com.mediatek.location.provider.jar
core-junit.jar
core-junit.odex
core.jar
core.odex
DMAgent.jar
DMAgent.odex
ext.jar
ext.odex
filterfw.jar
filterfw.odex
framework-res.apk
framework.jar
framework.odex
ime.jar
ime.odex
input.jar
input.odex
javax.obex.jar
javax.obex.odex
mediatek-framework.jar
mediatek-framework.odex
mediatek-res.apk
monkey.jar
monkey.odex
pm.jar
pm.odex
secondary_framework.jar
secondary_framework.odex
services.jar
services.odex
svc.jar
svc.odex
wbxml.jar
wbxml.odex
from your phone.

Unfortunately features like sim selection form, etc are spread through the apps in own, separate xml layout, and smali files...
All smali files inside mediatek-framework in attachment.

Attachments

• mediatek-framework.7z
    27.9 KB · Views: 626

kumar abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
Dhuri, Punjab

That doesnt.seem like kernel source but aosp source. Can anyone confirm it?

Kernel sources alone won't help at all (we could simply use a prebuilt one coming from official FWs).
The framework part is the most important one.

Sent from my C6502 using xda premium

kumar abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
Dhuri, Punjab
It's kernel source, I have synced it as well ;)
It seems very complete. It's huge in size because wiko people forgot to run a make clean :p
The cleaned sources will be on my github soon ;)

Sent from my Sony Xperia L (C2104) using Tapatalk 4 beta
@varun.chitre15
Thats gr8 ;)
These sources are of micromax a116.
Any chances of developing for this device??

Sent from my C6502 using xda premium

Last edited:

Mbariah

Nov 23, 2012
Nairobi
OnePlus 7T
Umm...question here..Will this help us be able to overclock the CPU and specially the GPU...I own a cubot gt99 running mtk6589 and i am ready to test..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
    With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).