[Bug?] Fixing the missing CSC problem causes missing contacts names

Search This thread
G

GuestK00445

Edit: This thread was originally started as a help thread, but I'm pretty sure it's a real bug now, so I've entirely edited the content of my first post to summarize the problem (for clarity).

After flashing 4.4.2 with MOP and rebooting into download mode to flash the bootloader with desktop Odin, some users were reporting Samsung keyboard force closes.

If you reflash the firmware with MOP and reboot normally, your keyboard will work, but handwriting recognition will not, and if you call *#1234# you will not have a CSC number.

If you reflash and reboot into recovery, your keyboard and handwriting recognition will work, and you WILL have a CSC number. However, if you were to check your call logs or messages, you will see contact numbers, but not names, even though the contacts are on your phone.

Let me illustrate with a fictitious contact: John Doe, 12345678. You will see a message from 12345678, not John Doe, even though you have a contact named John Doe with the number 12345678 in your contacts.

This problem has been verified by one user already: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51155409&postcount=722

Last edited:
G

GuestK00445

Fix found: Remove Google account, reboot, and re-add Google account.

Last edited: