[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jayjay7411

Jan 26, 2010
Sounds like we are going to have to wait until Samsung releases an ICS OTA w/ source before we get a CWM recovery/kernel but hopefully that will be soon. I feel like this is really the only thing holding this phone and rom back.

As for the current status of the rom things are looking good. Probably shouldn't say this but themes are working great on my phone and I am loving the custom apps on the lock screen. But that's all I'm gonna say :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Retract statement it seems i was just to lazy to follow developers thanks for helpful guidance :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

phpracing

Apr 20, 2011
Englewood, CO
Hi i am having trouble installing cm9. i do everything that the install instructions say. i even watch qbking77 video and do it step by step with him, and everytime i get a soft brick. able to go into download mode and able to go back to el29. so no issues with the soft brick part. its more that i had cm9 three days ago and it was working great. but i wanted to try out AOKP. went back to el26 via mobile odin and got to cwm and cleared everything used calks format all and then flashed aokp and gapps. then i got the first soft brick. had a tough time getting it back but was finally successful. but the only OC that would work was FC07 ( dont d/l all the leaks) so from there i was able to get back to GB via odin,but now i try to flash el26 kernel. wipe, wipe wipe, and some more wipe, and by now im saying screw aokp, on my phone im going back to cm9, and im getting the same soft brick. can anyone possibly help? that was alot longer than planned. sorry

duce415

May 28, 2011
I came to cm9 after trying out aokp... I love aokp but battery life isn't that great... this is today after 2 charge cycles....
42577746-5803-34d8.jpg
42577746-580d-1a6e.jpg
42577746-5816-af27.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium App

keebler021

Jan 27, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hi i am having trouble installing cm9. i do everything that the install instructions say. i even watch qbking77 video and do it step by step with him, and everytime i get a soft brick. able to go into download mode and able to go back to el29. so no issues with the soft brick part. its more that i had cm9 three days ago and it was working great. but i wanted to try out AOKP. went back to el26 via mobile odin and got to cwm and cleared everything used calks format all and then flashed aokp and gapps. then i got the first soft brick. had a tough time getting it back but was finally successful. but the only OC that would work was FC07 ( dont d/l all the leaks) so from there i was able to get back to GB via odin,but now i try to flash el26 kernel. wipe, wipe wipe, and some more wipe, and by now im saying screw aokp, on my phone im going back to cm9, and im getting the same soft brick. can anyone possibly help? that was alot longer than planned. sorry

Try flashing the ROM multiple times (I had to do it 3 times) and then flash GApps and anything else you want to. This is obviously after wiping data, cache, and Dalvik. This worked for me.
Good luck! :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: phpracing

bb4arson

Oct 25, 2011
AZ
hey guys im back , just took a trip to aokp land , to many issues . so ill have this one as my dd once again

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
Is it normal with all the new kernels darchstar puts up you somewhat lose access to internal storage. I mean USB still sees it and I believe mobile odin has no issues locating the location as its actually mounted, but not the proper mounting location?

The directory bind work around works but that leaves storage backwards with external /mnt/sdcard mounted as /sdcard (wont let me change) and the only thing i can do is add /mnt/emmc or (/emmc in app) as /sdcard/external_sd.

Just wondering if it was a regression that everyone was dealing with since I had not seen people comment on it much.

Last edited:

donsh00tmesanta

Oct 16, 2011
ok so to flash i must odin to el26 (why not el29 with rogue) wipe all then flash? then flash a kernel? which kernel?

does it come with its own kernel? if so which version? from the instrcutions it seems to me that i have to flash my own kernel after

Last edited:

nitro_c4

Feb 24, 2012
ok so to flash i must odin to el26 (why not el29 with rogue) wipe all then flash? then flash a kernel? which kernel?

does it come with its own kernel? if so which version? from the instrcutions it seems to me that i have to flash my own kernel after

To flash you have to Odin the EL26 kernel with CWM not an entire ROM. You can find everything you need in the install guide.

AreOh

Oct 19, 2010
Edit: Nevermind then. I watched the install video where it said to be on a GB rom, but the install guide says just that the proper kernel with CWM is needed. Hope this goes smoothly.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

To flash you have to Odin the EL26 kernel with CWM not an entire ROM. You can find everything you need in the install guide.

***COMPLETE INSTALL DIRECTIONS***
(NOTE: YOU MUST BE ON A GINGERBREAD BASED ROM FOR THIS TO WORK)

This is from the install guide, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts