Google wallet working on Note 2

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT USE THE ZIP ON 4.1.2 based ROMS. For 4.1.2 roms: Copy wallet R96 into /system/app and set permissions appropriately. Files from the new Sprint leak appear to fix the "reader not detected" problem (since wallet will be officially supported on the sprint variant) and I will upload a new zip shortly. (Unless someone has time to do it sooner)

For 4.1.1 roms:

Thanks to Its Twix for the write up & ogdobber for the technical support and making the zip

A Complete and Utter Idiot's Guide to Getting Google Wallet Working on the Verizon Note II, Running Touchwiz ROMs:

1) Create a Nandroid backup in Recovery.

2) Flash NoteII-lib_nfc-fix-r87.zip from custom recovery and wipe Cache.

2) Run Google Wallet and see if it works. If you haven't setup Google Wallet before, it will most likely crash at "Setting up Google Wallet. This may take 5 minutes." *If you have already setup Google Wallet and get a crash error after switching ROMs, look for the other guide at the bottom*

3) If it crashes, use Root Explorer (I refer to Root Explorer because that's what I use but you can use any file explorer that can change permissions and mount system) to Mount system R/W and remove the Wallet apk from system/app

4) Edit build.prop (in the system folder) to be a Galaxy Nexus (CHANGES MADE BELOW).
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    product.device=maguro

5) Save and Exit then long press build.prop and make sure permissions are Owner: R/W Group: R Others: R

6) Reboot

7) Download Google Wallet from the Play Store

8) Set up Google Wallet and register a card. Once it finishes registering the card the app will reset.

9) When it resets and asks which account you would like to use for Wallet, close the app.

10) DELETE (not uninstall) the Wallet apk from data/app

11) Navigate to where you saved the modified Wallet zip and extract the files.

12) When the extraction completes, go to the extracted files location.

13) Copy the com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r87-v15.apk file and paste it in /system/app (make sure you have system mounted R/W).

14) Long press on the wallet apk file you copied and set permissions to Owner: R/W Group: R Others: R

15) Reboot

16) Run Wallet and go through the setup. It should work now instead of crashing.

17) Reboot

18) Run Wallet. If it still works after the reboot, change your build.prop back to where it was originally (CHANGES BELOW).
    ro.product.model=SCH-I605
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

19) Make sure the build.prop permissions are still Owner: R/W Group: R Others: R

20) Make another Nandroid backup.

21) Go try it out!

NOTE: Google Wallet is not usable everywhere that Bling/PayPass is! Just because it doesn't work at one place does not mean it won't work at another!
    Merchants where it is (most likely) guaranteed to work can be found here: http://www.google.com/wallet/how-it-works/in-store.html. Some other places that are not listed there may still work (e.g. McDonald's). Sadly. some places you will go do not even have their Bling/PayPass system on or working so make sure it's actually working before you come back here saying your transaction didn't work.

Hope this helps. Sorry it's so thorough, I just wanted to help out some of those that might not be so used to this sort of thing.

If you are changing to a new ROM and having issues:

1) Flash the modaco r87 zip in the OP and try to run it.

2) Try to add an account. It will probably crash at Adding Account.

3) Change build.prop to be a Galaxy Nexus and fix permissions (follow step 4 of the first guide).

4) Reboot

5) Run Wallet and it should be working again. If it works, change your build.prop back to what it was originally and fix permissions (follow step 18 of the first guide).

6) Go try it out!

If you get an error about Insufficient secure element permissions, reflash the Modaco apk and reboot.

On Beans build4 there is an issue with adding cards. Keep trying and close the app occasionally when trying and it should add the card successfully.
    Redo Wallet after dirty flash Beans 18 to beans 19 & Fixes when broken

This is for Beans ROM only. It may or may not work for you on some other ROM, I haven't tried it so I don't know. So use your best judgement.

If you are going to restore or upgrade your current ROM, please makes sure before you do so you a reset in Google Wallet >Settings > Reset Wallet And Go To application Manager and Clear Data & Cache for Wallet.
    Before you Restore Or Dirty Flash Or Wipe and Clean Install. This will help with avoiding Issues when you upgrade or changes roms.

I am using Beans b18, Perseus kernel with sdswap & RIT props to jbeitel and the crew there for the awesome work on the icons...
    The recovery I use is TWRP 2.5

This is so you know what I am using so if things don't work well it might be because of something in the build that is different from yours.

Ok here is what I did to re-install wallet after a dirty flash from B18 to B19 & how I fixed my install when I got the no connection messages and when it had to remove payment options and never finished.

I went to https://wallet.google.com/
    Click on Devices. You should see a Galaxy Nexus active, if not remove whatever is there, unless you have a device there that is supposed to be there. I would get rid of everything just to make sure you are back at zero.

As always please to a backup before you proceed.

All props go to WarlockLord as he set up the OP.

Pre step) Make sure you have the MoDaCo installed in the Xposed Framework Installer and the Frame work is installed.
    If you don't have it installed get it. (see ModaCo)
    Please use common sense and install it.

I used some cliff notes from the thread to get mine to work and have successfully done this 4 times now & fixed it from the error messages that made me nuts as well.
    If you back up and restore, rinse, repeat... (these steps)

You need a zip to flash see attached, download it now so you can use it on step 4. It is only for the 4.1.2 base.. Now if you have this installed already I did as well when mine broke and I flashed it again.

Did you back up?

1. First reboot from initial flash of b18 let it settle a bit and everything get back to normal. I went to TB and uninstalled wallet from there.
    1a. if it is broken, I did a search using ES File manager and deleted everything that was associated to Google Wallet. If you use other Wallet apps know the file before you delete it, I dont so I was free to delete everything. I deleted everything, back ups from TB everything wallet that might be in the system.

2 Go to the Xposed Framework Installer and install it or make sure all is green (app_process & XposedBridge.jar), tap on modules and make sure MoDaCo is still there and the Google> Disable wallet checks is still active or activate it.

3. Edit build.prop to be a Galaxy Nexus (CHANGES MADE BELOW).
    ro.product.name=yakju
    product.device=maguro

4 reboot into recovery and flash attached zip and reboot when complete.

5. Go to Google Play and install wallet and configure it.
    5a. Now if it did not work, I would suggest start fresh Rom and start over again as this has worked for me every time.
    5b. Close Wallet and go back into it, it should hit you with the PIN prompt.

6. restore your build.prop
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

7. Reboot and when things are back up and running open wallet again and you should get hit with the PIN prompt.

Profit! or Debit!

It worked for me, so it SHOULD work for you...
    This is what worked for me , easy and straight to the point.

Change your Buildprop
    Use root explorer and change “mounted as” to Mount R/O to edit buildprop to:
    ro.product.name=yakju
    product.device=maguro

Boot into recovery
    Flash zip (NoteII-lib_nfc-fix-r87.zip)
    Wipe Cache and dalvic
    Reboot system

Quickly turn off auto update for wallet, if your too slow just uninstall the update

Use root explorer and go into system/app and delete (do not uninstall) the wallet apk
    Paste the updated google wallet apk in the system / app folder (com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13)

Fix permission
    Long press on the wallet apk file you copied and set permissions to Owner: R/W Group: R Others: R

Reboot

Open Google wallet and set it up

restore old buildprop
    Use root explorer and change “mounted as” to Mount R/O to edit buildprop to:
    ro.product.name=t0ltevzw
    product.device= t0ltevzw

reboot

You are done!

I used a combo of stuff for almost everyone to make this easy, simple and straight to the point. Thanks to everyone.
    Attached are the files I used. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a custom recovery so far, I can't make this a flashable zip file (nor do I know how to)

Delete the existing Nfc.apk, Nfc.odex NfcTest.apk and NfcTest.odex files from /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the apk's from my zip file's "app" folder to /system/app and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the files from the "lib" folder to /system/lib and /system/lib/hw respectively and fix permissions using root explorer

Push the file from etc folder to /system/etc and fix permissions using root explorer

Make a backup of your build.prop file and push my build.prop file to /system and fix permissions (or you will boot loop)

Set up google wallet and add cards

Restore your original build.prop after everything is set up

PROFIT!!
    When I tried using Cleanrom 3.1 I discovered that I was missing files even though I was on 4.1.2, so my question to you is what files did you patch the rom with to fix this?

I made a zip with the lib files from the clean rom ace since it was 4.1.2 and still get the Internet connection error.

Here is the zip I made.... It may help who knows.