[App][4.0+] ClearFocus

Search This thread

arutazzaps

Jul 11, 2011
You're so right! From next update, both will be mandatory, timer cannot work well without them.

No, seriously, they're all needed to accomplish the tasks. Why would you think they're too many?

I am worried about phone state (you can retrieve phone id ) and network access (so you can sand it anywhere) .

I took a look at the app, and it is quite nice ☺ maybe a different color theme(a bit darker) and landscape mode on phone.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Andreaaaaa

Nov 7, 2013
I am worried about phone state (you can retrieve phone id ) and network access (so you can sand it anywhere) .

I took a look at the app, and it is quite nice ☺ maybe a different color theme(a bit darker) and landscape mode on phone.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

To my knowledge, which is quite limited on the matter, it serves little purpose to access the phone ID, as many times it's not available.

Anyway, ClearFocus in no way collects it. To check and enable mobile data O used the function provide by http://stackoverflow.com/a/12281219 which, as you can see, report those permissions.

I understand my word is little guarantee, but have no idea about how I could demonstrate phone ID is not collected. If it can serve anything, the first version without the Internet disabling option did not require that permission.

I'm glad you like it overall, a darker theme is something I'm considering for the future, while no landscape mode is temporary solution because it worked so badly with small screens which will be fixed sometime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cizkek_

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks for the quick update. But it seems mobile data bug isn't fixed yet. It still turns on data internet on my device.

And as you said, checkbox state is saved but it doesn't work. It means if I stop the timer once and then start it again, internet won't be disabled even though the option is checked.

Also, fonts are not visible in 'About' section.

8ara9usy.jpg

Reactions: Andreaaaaa

Andreaaaaa

Nov 7, 2013
Thanks for the quick update. But it seems mobile data bug isn't fixed yet. It still turns on data internet on my device.

And as you said, checkbox state is saved but it doesn't work. It means if I stop the timer once and then start it again, internet won't be disabled even though the option is checked.

Also, fonts are not visible in 'About' section.

8ara9usy.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply, I'm awfully sorry it didn't play out nice. I hope to be able to provide a fix by this evening..

Last edited:

LGXX

Aug 5, 2011
Innsbruck
Very nice app, +1 on hardcore mode.
Instead of blocking apps, you could also make a whitelist :) for example, when I'm studying Italian, I often need gTranslate.
You could implement this as root feature, so the service would be not closable as long as the timer is running.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: vladimirheroj

Andreaaaaa

Nov 7, 2013
Very nice app, +1 on hardcore mode.
Instead of blocking apps, you could also make a whitelist :) for example, when I'm studying Italian, I often need gTranslate.
You could implement this as root feature, so the service would be not closable as long as the timer is running.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

What I'm thinking about, at the moment, is a list of all apps installed with a simple on/off button and a "Include/Exclude all".
Root's not needed, right now the system can't kill the service, only the user can. And I wouldn't want not to be able to turn it off, as a user.

AssToast

Apr 1, 2013
An option to pause would be great, like i had to do something important during my studies or something else :silly:

if you do get around doing this, removing the stop button and adding a play/pause button and reset button would be nice :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: LGXX

TimmyTimz

Nov 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What´s exactly your problem?

The app needs every single one of the permissions for doing it´s job. Without them, it couldn´t enable/disable mobile networks or wlan. It also has an option to disable sounds.

If you care about permissions, throw away your android phone and buy a nice old nokia with black and white screen.

??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haz111

May 23, 2013
An option to pause would be great, like i had to do something important during my studies or something else :silly:

if you do get around doing this, removing the stop button and adding a play/pause button and reset button would be nice :good:

I think that now is good. When I break pomodoro, do something and return to work I want to start new pomodoro.
Second thing is that when users will have ability to pause/restart timer they will do this on all distractions and this app will have no sense...

So I think that timer should be like it is now.

Wysłane z mojego Galaxy Nexus przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: ramttin

Andreaaaaa

Nov 7, 2013
I think that now is good. When I break pomodoro, do something and return to work I want to start new pomodoro.
Second thing is that when users will have ability to pause/restart timer they will do this on all distractions and this app will have no sense...

So I think that timer should be like it is now.

Wysłane z mojego Galaxy Nexus przy użyciu Tapatalka

I agree, a Pause button would be risky and would reduce the usefulness of the app. You know, right now when you think "Oh, I should do that" you realize the timer's ticking and put it off till break time. With a Pause button, you'd simply tap it, do the action and get distracted.

If you really need to do something, you can stop the timer and start a new one when you're back..

Vit5000

Jun 28, 2009
The back-button behaves buggy, e.g.

- Stop the break while it's running, then you get green and red colors.

- after stopping any activity, and pressing the back-button, the app just "jumps" as if it's have been reloaded.

JB 4.1.2 with a mediatek quad-core.

Andreaaaaa

Nov 7, 2013
The back-button behaves buggy, e.g.

- Stop the break while it's running, then you get green and red colors.

- after stopping any activity, and pressing the back-button, the app just "jumps" as if it's have been reloaded.

JB 4.1.2 with a mediatek quad-core.

Hi, I'm sorry for the bugs. The first one has already been fixed in an internal version.

But I don't think to have correctly understood the second bug you've reported, can you please elaborate a bit more? It'd be extremely useful :)

Reactions: Vit5000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone :) I've just developed and uploaded to Google Play my first Android app: ClearFocus

Description: ClearFocus is a time-management app which helps you being more productive. Are you tired of wasting your time on distractions instead of focusing on what really matters? ClearFocus is for you!
    Based on The Pomodoro Technique©, it alternates working sessions with small breaks. This will let you concentrate more easily and get things done.

You can find it on Google Play

What d'you think? :)
    Lol thanks. I can never sit and do my homework and then take a short break, rather an extremely long break with no homework done.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    looks nice,downloading

whats funny is i saw it while *not* doing my HW..
    Awesome app :D Maybe a dark theme in the future to go along with AMOLED screen? ;)

I'm currently thinking on a darker theme and will probably be implemented somewhere in the future ;)
    NEW Icon !!

Hello OP, Im really liking this app of yours. Great Job! :good:

I got bored and decided to make you a little something.. let me know if you like it.
    i can always change it to match something else, like take off the shadows or change the color, ect.

12146332725_e4a8afa125_c.jpg