V21Y OTA update starting April 23rd

Search This thread

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Different than tthe one I manually updated to. A couple days ago?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

That is a good question. We will only know when the files in the two V21Y .kdz files are compared. I tried to access the V21Y .kdz again from LG's server http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP999DW/ATMODW/V21y_00/V21Y_00.kdz but I got this:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

UCFJake

Dec 21, 2010
Savannah
I'm sure it is too early but the software update check button still displays back the up-to-date status message from the server for me. I'm stock V21e.

13lack13ox

Mar 30, 2012
Hello, I just want to ask something...Prolly been asked already...

If I were to update we stuck on stock ROM correct?

Haha, now that I went cm on this phone, I kinda dont wanna go back =P

Correct, until the alternative ROMs are updated to support the new baseband, you won't be able to use them and still make phone calls.

Reactions: 13lack13ox

str8killinya

Sep 15, 2010
West Chester,Ohio
If roms update to new Baseband will we have to or will we still be able to use them with v21e? I will not have access to a computer for awhile to do update :(

Sent from my T-Mobile G2x
Hellfire Sandwich v1.7 clean
Harsh 2204 OC Kernel

Waldano

Apr 20, 2011
Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

zenstrom

Nov 8, 2009
Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.

Say the G2X won't get ICS and, according to you, it will. Consequently, the G2X won't get ICS.

Reactions: Waldano

GTWalling

Aug 6, 2011
Birmingham
The OTA is being released slowly with a new batch getting it each night during the next 2 weeks. Give it time.

This is suppose to be the release schedule.
Just passing on.
http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/24422?tstart=0

The update schedule is a bit different, but is as follows:

o 4/23 – 10k - Released at ~8am

o 4/24 – 10k – Released at 11pm PST

o 4/25 & 4/26 – Soak

o 4/27 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST

o 4/28 & 4/29 – Weekend (no pushes)

o 4/30 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST

o 4/31 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST

o 5/1 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST

o 5/2 – 40k – Released at 11pm PST

o 5/3 – 100k – Released at 11pm PST

o 5/4 – 100k – Released at 11pm PST

o 5/5 & 5/6 – Weekend (no pushes)

o 5/7 – Remainder (~15k) – Released at 11pm PST

Reactions: substanceneil

substanceneil

Jan 26, 2011
The link GTWalling has shared also has some release notes. After updating myself using the kdz, I can definitely attest to the improvement in GPS performance. Dramatically better. I now lock instantly and generally stay locked. I had lots of GPS difficulty in the past using nearly all the ROMs available through XDA including 2.3.3 roms, CM7 roms, CM9/AOKP roms, and P95/2.3.4 (Tsugi). I had also tried various regional GPS.conf hacks. While I miss some of the features of the custom ROMS, a working GPS is far more useful to me. Plus, my money is on Kwes to release a 2.3.4 stock based ROM!

KeithLM

Oct 5, 2009
The link GTWalling has shared also has some release notes. After updating myself using the kdz, I can definitely attest to the improvement in GPS performance. Dramatically better. I now lock instantly and generally stay locked. I had lots of GPS difficulty in the past using nearly all the ROMs available through XDA including 2.3.3 roms, CM7 roms, CM9/AOKP roms, and P95/2.3.4 (Tsugi). I had also tried various regional GPS.conf hacks. While I miss some of the features of the custom ROMS, a working GPS is far more useful to me. Plus, my money is on Kwes to release a 2.3.4 stock based ROM!

That's good to hear. I've hated the GPS on this phone, I exchanged it twice with T-Mobile hoping to get a phone with a decent GPS. I considered going for a third exchange within 30 days or whatever the time-frame is to get a different model as a replacement, but none of the phones at that time impressed me. So I've been biding my time waiting for T-Mobile to get a good phone that I could upgrade too. If this baseband does the trick, then I won't feel so bad about waiting a while longer for an upgrade.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Correct, until the alternative ROMs are updated to support the new baseband, you won't be able to use them and still make phone calls.
    Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

You should get stock recovery and be on stock rom in order to update.

This is completely unnecessary. Just load up your stock rom/nandroid and run the update. CWM will be wiped regardless.

Say the G2X won't get ICS and, according to you, it will. Consequently, the G2X won't get ICS.