[Q] LG E975 bricked! KDZ recovery doesn't work

Search This thread

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Hello everybody,

I think I have a bit of a problem. My phone (LG E975) won't boot. It stops at the
LG-logo and nothing else happens. After some time a black screen with white letters shows an error message. (I will post a picture when I can take a picture of it).

Before this all happened I rooted the phone using motochopper and unlocked the bootloader via FreeGee. All went well. I installed CM11 but my phone would crash and show a bsod. (I will post a picture of the error message) ->
CAM00008.jpg

I tried some other roms (liquid smooth, PacMan), but the results were the same.

Because of all this I wanted to return the software back to stock even though I really don't like LG's android skin. I tried by using the Flash tool method, but t didn't work. It would process until 15% and then it would stop and show the error:
error-

OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

After this I tried to restore an old backup I had. I think it was corrupted or something because after I tried to recover it using this backup my phone wouldn't get past the LG-logo aka it bricked phone.

I can still get into download mode and into recovery (Clockworkmod)

I really hope that someone can help me with this problem I really don't know what tpt do! I have done a lot of reading on the forum already, but I can't find a solution :(
If you need to know anything else please feel free to ask!

EDIT: I Managed to flash a rom using CWM. The phone now works again, but I still want to go back to stock because of the crashing/BSOD. Flashtool still gives the same error. How can I get back to the stock LG firmware?

Last edited:

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Hi,

I'm not bricked anymore. I still had a ROM and Gapps on my phones memory so I flashed those and my phone boots again. :)
I would still like to get back to stock but the Flashtool method isn't working for me. How can I fix this?

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
try CS_EMERGENCY phone mode on Flashtool.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus
Hi,

I'm not bricked anymore. I still had a ROM and Gapps on my phones memory so I flashed those and my phone boots again. :)
I would still like to get back to stock but the Flashtool method isn't working for me. How can I fix this?

Hi, i did same 2 more times and i pass it with lg original kdz tools i didnt find my bookmarks cause i am nott using my own pc now but there is too many guides at therebleshoot page, anyway u must know this if you dont have custom recovery u have to use kdz update with Lg support tools and if still cant pass lg Logo u have to select full kdz update with rescue mod at menu of lg support tool, i didn remember full menu name and location of it but u can see where the flash kdz, this would work for you if it wont at first try more i sucseed at 2th time anyway read this thread too
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249500&page=7

i hope u will find solution

edit: try another usb port or another cable too cause sometimes they result in isuues.

Last edited:

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Hi, i did same 2 more times and i pass it with lg original kdz tools i didnt find my bookmarks cause i am nott using my own pc now but there is too many guides at therebleshoot page, anyway u must know this if you dont have custom recovery u have to use kdz update with Lg support tools and if still cant pass lg Logo u have to select full kdz update with rescue mod at menu of lg support tool, i didn remember full menu name and location of it but u can see where the flash kdz, this would work for you if it wont at first try more i sucseed at 2th time anyway read this thread too
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249500&page=7

i hope u will find solution

edit: try another usb port or another cable too cause sometimes they result in isuues.

Hi thanks for the reaction. I flashed LiquidSmooth ROM on my phone so it is now usable again. The Flash tool still doesn't work unfortunately. I still get the same error. I tried different ports and different cables but I had no success.

Will this LGNPST method return my phone to the stock firmware?

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
back up all data
format all partitions
LGPNST
adb push a ROM
factory reset
try flashtool again
:D

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Hi thanks for the reaction. I flashed LiquidSmooth ROM on my phone so it is now usable again. The Flash tool still doesn't work unfortunately. I still get the same error. I tried different ports and different cables but I had no success.

Use LGPNST only if your phone can't get pass through the LG logo and not boot completely.

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
back up all data
format all partitions
LGPNST
adb push a ROM
factory reset
try flashtool again
:D

Hi! Im sorry i'm a bit new to this :)
Could you please explain some of these things to me?
-The formatting of the partitions is done in Clockwork mod I suppose?
- How do I do this LGPNST? I read about it in another post briefly but didn't really understand it.
-How do i push a rom? I think I can find this by my self, but it would be nice to have it all together :)

Thanks for your help!

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
you really have to do a lot of reading bro.

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
Im not so sure because other methods might work for you or not.

have you tried the kdz updater that doesnt use normal web upgrade?

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus

i think you need flash modified stock roms (like epilson project or savvyrom ) before try update kdz

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Im not so sure because other methods might work for you or not.

have you tried the kdz updater that doesnt use normal web upgrade?

All right, the normal KDZ updater just crashes. After some time when I try to click on it says 'Not responding etc'
Maybe that's because of the KDZfile being larger than 1gb?

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
does it reboot ur fone to fastboot?

Last edited:

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus
I'll try flashing one of those roms. Maybe that will help me.
Maybe that will also stop the Blue screens from occurring, that would be nice.

i think i found your solution :) actually i found my last solution its "hard reset" firstly try flash modified stock rom if you dontsucces try this hard resest but dont forget backup all data cause you will lost all of them read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388440

Last edited:

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
i think i found your solution :) actually i found my last solution its "hard reset" firstly try flash modified stock rom if you dontsucces try this hard resest but dont forget backup all data cause you will lost all of them read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388440

I installed Savvy and I don't get past the LGlogo. How do I perform the hardreset? Power+Volumedown, because that doesn't work..

Edit

It does get past the LGlogo occasionally showing me the lockcreen for a few seconds and hen becomes black again...

Last edited:

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus
I installed Savvy and I don't get past the LGlogo. How do I perform the hardreset? Power+Volumedown, because that doesn't work..

Edit

It does get past the LGlogo occasionally showing me the lockcreen for a few seconds and hen becomes black again...

"Hard Reset Procedure

The phone has to be off. Hold Volume - AND Power , a message will show up confirming the factory reset. Press Power Button twice , than wait. It will auto reboot. "
it should work, try everything start at first