[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5200 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

Search This thread

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: STOCK-DEODEXED-ROOTED-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.

Last edited:

edsoedso

Dec 13, 2012
Tirana
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.

Very good work done by you! Yesterday I spent hours to unzip the file but unsuccessfully. I will try it right now! Thanks a lot!

edsoedso

Dec 13, 2012
Tirana
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :p

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max4000

edsoedso

Dec 13, 2012
Tirana
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :p

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.

Do not worry, I installed stock 4.4.2 using odin, than TWRP and superuser. It looks great! Please work on 4.4.2 Pimpdroid and let us known the results. Regards!

khaledreno

Feb 25, 2013
Cairo
do i need to clear data and cache beforce flashing ? cuz i don't have sd card so if i clear data the rom will delete.

Reactions: cricio

khaledreno

Feb 25, 2013
Cairo
i have downloaded both versions but instal failed

any way does any one know which site i can download the MD5 of the software without corruption ?

edsoedso

Dec 13, 2012
Tirana
@Max4000
@edsoedso

Fixed version is now uploaded. Enjoy :)

@edsoedso

I know you've already got kk working, but would you be willing to try this zip to make sure it works? I think i've ironed it out but i'd like to be sure. Can't test myself as I have the WiFi model

@Restl3ss:
I flashed both versions using TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything went well. The first unrooted rom after completing flashing offered to install superuser and I did it. The second rom version did not offered it so I rebooted to TWRP and installed superuser from sd card. I am keeping the second version on my tablet. Looks nice and works very well. I will remove some system apps that I do not use and free some additional memory.

Reactions: Restl3ss

quitschibu84

Apr 19, 2014
Cottbus
@Restl3ss:
I flashed both versions using TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything went well. The first unrooted rom after completing flashing offered to install superuser and I did it. The second rom version did not offered it so I rebooted to TWRP and installed superuser from sd card. I am keeping the second version on my tablet. Looks nice and works very well. I will remove some system apps that I do not use and free some additional memory.

Is there an update zip for recovery? I have 2.6.1 twrp and get error message during install. Can i update to latest twrp or philz by Flash, or do i have to connect the tab to PC, and need to do the beginners Steps?

Thanks for advices :)

Aaah, i got it... A flashable philz for p5200...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts