Numeric keypad on Motorola Atrix

Search This thread

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
Hi guys,

My friend has bought herself a German Motorola Atrix with Android 2.2. It is locked, but has root (I did that).

Now she is a hell of a texting witch and likes to text a lot, but hates the qwertz keypad. So she is desperately searching for an app which offers the numeric keypad in the Atrix system for everything (texting, e-mail, surfing, ...).

It would also be nice, if it offers Swype like in the Samsung Wave handsets: T9 Trace it is called there. It offers Swype gestures in qwertz AND numeric keypad, which really rocks.

Is that numeric keypad for texting on the Motorola Atrix somehow possible (with or without Swype)?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atr1x

marko!

Feb 7, 2011
Halifax
that seems like a lot for one keyboard to have. tell her to try touchpal keyboard. its new and free on the android market untill october or something like that. i think it has german support it also has swype like imput along with different layouts for input.

hope that helps?

techi23

Jul 1, 2010
I've been using GO Keyboard and it has a good numeric pad that also offers T9 and fast layout switching.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
Thank you guys for your app hints. That helped a lot. At least, the girl has now her numeric keypad.

Now I am still searching a keyboard app with numeric layout AND Swype/T9 Trace.

Just to remember: "T9 Trace" is Samsung's Swype (not T9 only).

I have a feeling that there is no app like this, because I looked in two other forums in Germany and there were a lot of people asking for this without success.

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
Something like this:

nd_003203.jpg

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
For all interested: I found a solution (app) for our problem. Ultra Keyboard from Binary Bulge has got Swype in 3 x 4/numeric keypad layout.

It is still not as good as the T9 Trace on Samsung Wave, bu I am really happy about this. :)

consolation

Apr 18, 2010
Redmi Note 9t
I have to say, that seems like the most inefficient way to put in text... Buy modern smartphone with large screen, replaced keyboard with a kludge that was forced on us by limits of technology 20+ years ago? You are, of course, free to use whatever works for you; but wouldn't it be better to just retrain yourself to use a proper keyboard? Soon you'll type faster and easier...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
Touch pal highly recommended for fast trying try it she ll like it

Sent from Otterbox Atrix 4G Rockz

Thank you, Touchpal looks good, but like all the others it does not have swype feature (touchpal curve called here) on the numeric keyboard layout (12 keys called here).

That is what this thread is about. We search a keyboard app, that has swyping/tracing on the numeric layout like "T9 Trace" from Dragonfly (which is for Bada phones only).

The only keyboard app I found having this is called Ultra Keyboard, but is not working as good/fast as "T9 Trace" from Samsung Wave phones.

thesummoner101

Sep 22, 2011
SwiftKey is very fast once you learn the shortcuts and give it time to learn how you type. Their AI is awesome! There's a free trial in the play store. They'll be releasing a swype-like feature soon.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

ranjithkumar1201

Feb 14, 2012
These the modes check them

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353530084451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353530084451.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 182
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353530099160.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353530099160.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 179
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353530119898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353530119898.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 180
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353530189452.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353530189452.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 192

xxxo

Dec 26, 2011
Hi guys,

My friend has bought herself a German Motorola Atrix with Android 2.2. It is locked, but has root (I did that).

Now she is a hell of a texting witch and likes to text a lot, but hates the qwertz keypad. So she is desperately searching for an app which offers the numeric keypad in the Atrix system for everything (texting, e-mail, surfing, ...).

It would also be nice, if it offers Swype like in the Samsung Wave handsets: T9 Trace it is called there. It offers Swype gestures in qwertz AND numeric keypad, which really rocks.

Is that numeric keypad for texting on the Motorola Atrix somehow possible (with or without Swype)?

Thank you in advance.

try updating phone to gb at least ,apps are better on newer android software

lincer556

Dec 26, 2012
Buenos Aires
Would be amazing if we could port the textinput-tng.apk from Xperia SK17i GB 2.3.4, that keyboard is pure gold, Both landscape QWERTY (Swipe included) with vertical T9 Numeric keypad...

9079_378024765611698_86451887_n.jpg

But actually i don't know how...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.