[MOD][addon.d] Enable On-Screen Soft Keys/Disable Capacitive Buttons

Search This thread

anfiann

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks!

Thanks for the interesting functionality. Besides webtop mode can anyone give me any other useful stuff they found this can be useful for? I am curious to see what others use it for. Thanks.

NooBs7yL3

Sep 5, 2012
nice idea! :)
now my atrix with epinter's cm10 and this mod, looks like a nexus :p

thanks man

Last edited:

NooBs7yL3

Sep 5, 2012
Don't know why now in landscape, don't show the button's image

Inviato dal mio motoFAIL MB860 tramite Tapatalk

NooBs7yL3

Sep 5, 2012
Yesterday I've played with bad piggies and when I returned to the home screen in landscape doesn't show the button's image. (I've tried now again, but now shows).
But with camera never shows the image all the time

Inviato dal mio motoFAIL MB860 tramite Tapatalk

Last edited:

evertonmdz

Oct 17, 2012
Maringa
Hello I would like to disable the capacitive backlights only, but I'm on Android 2.3.6 official BR retail, would have some apk or something for me to disable the capacitive backlights :confused: ... please and thank you!

koline

Jan 24, 2012
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S21
How about never using the power button? except opening the phone :) I know there's an app called lock screen but with this you can only lock the phone. I'm looking for an app that is like lock screen but also lets me the functions of capacitive buttons. like the one in iphone :)

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

V

vctshim

Can you make preference apk (like LiquidSmooth JB) to change swipe-up gesture destination in JB? I want Apollo on my shortcut not Google Now.:p Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod enables on-screen soft keys and disables capacitive buttons on the Atrix 4G without modifying the framework-res.apk! The script searches for entries and changes them, so no other entries are affected, and no files are replaced. This mod also includes an addon.d script.

vvscU.png

What is addon.d?
    On some ROMs, like Cyanogenmod, there are scripts in /system/addon.d that run during a ROM update or flash. They can backup and restore system apps (like Gapps), or perform many other functions. This mod includes an addon.d script, so the mod is not lost during a ROM update! If your ROM doesn't support addon.d, this mod should still flash properly, but you won't benefit from addon.d.

Tested and Confirmed to work on:
    CyanogenMod 9 turl1
    CyanogenMod 9 jokersax11
    CyanogenMod 10 epinter
    CyanogenMod 10 jokersax11
    CyanogenMod 10.1 epinter (thanks babSky!)
    ICS leak

It should work on any AOSP based Android 4+ ROM. Let us know if it works!

Note:
    Because this doesn't modify and/or replace the framework-res.apk, this will NOT disable the capacitive backlights, just the keys themselves. To disable the backlights in CM9 or CM10, go to Settings -> Display -> Automatic backlight -> Enable Use Custom and in Edit other levels, change button values to 0.

8IhVe.png

Install Instructions:
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash Enable zip
    - Reboot

Uninstall Instructions:
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash Disable zip
    - Reboot

Downloads:
    Enable-Atrix4GSoftKeys-1.4.zip
    Disable-Atrix4GSoftKeys-1.4.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    1.4 - 10/19/12
    - More code cleanup
    - Added assert to verify device

1.3 - 10/10/12
    - Added support for the ICS leak

1.2 - 10/0712
    - Added script to /system/addon.d

1.1 - 09/27/12
    - Code cleanup
    - Added error handling

1.0 - 09/14/12
    - Initial release

Credits and Thanks:
    graffixnyc and NemesisRE - shell script ideas
    Chainfire - output to recovery UI from shell script code

DISCLAIMER:
    This mod involves editing system files. Use at your own risk! Also please don't forget, before you report ROM related bugs in the ROM developer thread, you should remove this mod to make sure the issue is not caused by this mod!
    Updated to support the ICS leak.

TJJSAl.png
    Ah, I see that the backlight settings functionality finally works on CM10. Good find. :good:

If I may suggest, add a restore script?

I have thought about that. I will make one and add it to the OP if there is enough demand. :)
    I updated some stuff in the zip to make it work with an uninstall/disable zip that I made. See OP.

Hey it's true. :) Have you tried it out?

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk 2