[Q] Will there be an official Samsung/AT&T fix for the battery drain problem?

Search This thread

wirther

Sep 20, 2012
My question is pretty much as the title states. What do you guys think are the chances that Samsung and AT&T (or any relevant provider, I guess) will release an official fix for the battery drain problem that has been occurring with a lot of S3's out there? If the odds are good that Samsung/AT&T will eventually do something about this, how long do you think it will take?

I ask this because I just got my S3 last week, and I have the battery drain problem really bad. I've found that turning off wifi and mobile data before I put my phone to sleep largely fixes the problem, but that's stupid. I didn't buy the best phone on the market to have to do stupid stuff like that. I will probably put a custom ROM on my phone at some point in the future, but this is my first smart phone ever, so I want to experience the stock ROM for a while just to ground my experience with smart phones.

edit: Woops, I posted this in the wrong Q&A. I meant to post this in the AT&T one, obviously. You guys can still answer I guess, if you want. If a mod wants to delete this or move it, I would be ok with that too. Sorry.

Last edited: