[PRJ][OS]Linux and Android on HTC Diamond "NOT YET WORKING"

Search This thread

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
If you need something easy to install i reccomend xdandroid
If you want something faster you should use one of the neopeek ports,or mine port which you can find in my signature.

Hello dear sir,

First of all thank you for your efforts, it will be very nice to have a working, fast android on this rather "old" phone ;)

Thing is, I use xdandroid in paralel with wm6.1, meaning it will boot from haret but I can always return safely to wm6.1 which I need mainly because of GPS for my work. Does your method forces one to use only android or wm61 but not both? Does it boot from a file with haret like xdandroid, or does it need to create dfferent partitions?

thanks in advance for all answers ;)

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
Hello dear sir,

First of all thank you for your efforts, it will be very nice to have a working, fast android on this rather "old" phone ;)

Thing is, I use xdandroid in paralel with wm6.1, meaning it will boot from haret but I can always return safely to wm6.1 which I need mainly because of GPS for my work. Does your method forces one to use only android or wm61 but not both? Does it boot from a file with haret like xdandroid, or does it need to create dfferent partitions?

thanks in advance for all answers ;)

I have two builds,one has xdandroid like install method and a method that requires two partion,wich is Cherry Pie,and the other one is Gingercherry that requires 4 partitions,and i'm working on making that xdandroid like
Both require windows mobile.
You can see more info in my threads.

gonzoMD

Oct 15, 2008
I packed the actual XDAndroid release with the actual Kernel, rootfs and initrd preconfigured for diamond and including the cab of GEN.Y Dualboot to send it to a friend to run it out of the box, no big work, but I thought I could share it with you too.

Here: http://depositfiles.com/files/eo9pdi8yk

This is no work by me

GEN.Y Dualboot is made by yozgatg
XDAndroid is made by the XDAndroid team

please support their work

best regards

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
I have two builds,one has xdandroid like install method and a method that requires two partion,wich is Cherry Pie,and the other one is Gingercherry that requires 4 partitions,and i'm working on making that xdandroid like
Both require windows mobile.
You can see more info in my threads.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for explaining that, you need to put this bit of info on one of the FAQs (sofar I've read FAQ version v2 and the MOther Tutorial).

BTW what is the faster version? Cherrypie or Gingercherry? And, which one of them do you personal recommend?? Thank you so much :)

Last edited:

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
THANK YOU SO MUCH for explaining that, you need to put this bit of info on one of the FAQs (sofar I've read FAQ version v2 and the MOther Tutorial).

BTW what is the faster version? Cherrypie or Gingercherry? And, which one of them do you personal recommend?? Thank you so much :)

I like more Gingercherry,it's really fast and since i'm not someone who gets a lot of calls,the incoming calls bug isn't a problem for me..
If you need to be reliable i'd use Cherry pie..
about the faq,is being worked on..

for3v3r

Dec 24, 2008
what I don't "undestand"!

A few days ago Cosmote Lunch the "Cosmote Move" it's a smartphone with 600 mhz and has an internal memory of 150MB, comes with Android Froyo, and our diamonds don't, is really annoying,.. but that's life ...

slybunda

May 6, 2010
cosmote you say was launched few days ago with android froyo.

htc diamond was launched what? 4 years ago? big difference there.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
cosmote you say was launched few days ago with android froyo.

htc diamond was launched what? 4 years ago? big difference there.

Well... age doesn't mean all, check this:

Cosmote Move:
TFT touchscreen resistive, 256K culori
240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches
600 MHz processor
50 MB (Ram? Internal memory?)

Diamond:
TFT resistive touchscreen, 65K colors
480 x 640 pixels, 2.8 inches
4 GB storage, 192 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM
528 MHz ARM 11 processor, Adreno 130 GPU

So... why won't our Diamonds (and many similar) run android smoothly ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand, why haret could not use the framebuffer !? because i can change the framebuffer on my own hand

Code:
     pfh VRAM 480*1 0x0099

and the first line is blue
    Android 2.0 squashfs reporting - DIAM300:
    *- Bluetooth not working.
    *- WiFi not working.
    *- Telephone not working. (No signal)
    *- System is much slow.
    *- Buttons not recognized (apart the upper button) and mapped differently than other builds.
    I packed the actual XDAndroid release with the actual Kernel, rootfs and initrd preconfigured for diamond and including the cab of GEN.Y Dualboot to send it to a friend to run it out of the box, no big work, but I thought I could share it with you too.

Here: http://depositfiles.com/files/eo9pdi8yk

This is no work by me

GEN.Y Dualboot is made by yozgatg
    XDAndroid is made by the XDAndroid team

please support their work

best regards