Root explorer

Search This thread

jazzboyrules

Oct 19, 2011
Same here.

I've rooted I9100.
installed ES File Explorer and ticked both option in root section.

But dont see the system folder.

Please help.
You can access / path by two ways:
1. Click on the Favorites (star) icon, in that you should see / path (once you have enabled Root access in its settings). Also enable viewing hidden files.
2. You can set the Home path as '/' in Settings. That way clicking on the "Up" icon will take you all the way to / path.

So far ES Explorer is working great for me. No complaints. I will wait till I really need top buy Root Explorer.

Note: I am just a beginner with root access. So to be safe by default I do not enable mounting of / path with write permissions.

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
I just got File Expert and it seemed to work really well. you can mount read only to read and write and back to read only.

estonia

Mar 11, 2011
Tartu
e-stonia.co.uk
I have full #root and as I couldn't replace the file in /system/lib/modules with Astro I tried shell and tired to remove the file but:

Code:
rm: can't remove 'bcm4329.ko': Read-only file system

Not sure what must be done to fix that issue.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Not sure what must be done to fix that issue.

Fixed the issue:

adb shell
$ su
# busybox mount -o remount,rw /system (or another desired directory)
# chmod 777 (or another desired permission set) /system (or another desired directory)

Unfortunatelly can't find the original post in this forum where I found this solution.

Lord AJ

Feb 9, 2014
Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in £'s, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

I searched the thread but saw that nobody mentioned smanager which is a scripting app that also includes an amazing file browser with the ability to copy individual files from archives to a desired location which I found in no other explorer. The best file browser I think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try super manager in the market it works for me
    there is a root option on ES File Explorer (free app). i have never used it tho, so i can't say if it works at all.
    It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
    Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
    Guys after selecting root explorer and mount file system in settings, change you home directory to / and you will be good to go. You can change your home directory in the settings page.

Cheers