[Q] Best kernel and rom for performance for lg p500 2.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
my android version is 2.3.3 GingerBread
kernel version: 2.6.35.10-perf lg-electronics@INFBA00091#1
my phone was running on 2.2 froyo when i bought it. later then i updated it to 2.3.3 (official firmware update by lg)

i want to to flash a new kernel and rom for maximum performance. i want to play HD games without much lags. so which combination of custom rom and kernel i should use?

andy's Phoenix ROM ( Gingerbread-2.3.4 , released on 2011-10-20) with
franco.Kernel for Gingerbread ( 2.6.35.14) works with mine?
or there is any better combination?

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
okay. so i have new baseband now. will the above mentioned combination works after i downgrade to 2.2?

Negi9

Sep 22, 2011
i have seen some custom roms nd kernels available in xda
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=901247 (on this link)
my question is that, i found some roms listed under 2.3.3
will those roms works with mine without downgrading my android version to 2.2?

You don't have to downgrade android, you just have to flash old baseband (also known as radio) see the link I provided in my first post.

Secondly, yes some ROM's are based off the official 2.3.3 and need the new baseband. In that case you don't need to flash old baseband.

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
when it comes to kernel i saw franco.Kernel under both .32 and .35 kernels. actually i don't know what this .32 and .35 means :confused: which franco kernel i should use??

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
Go for cm7.2 by adfad666 and do flash gbsv20 kernel over it for best perfomance... but you need old baseband for that, be careful while flashing the old baseband as mentioned above, else your phone might be dead if u'll not follow all instuctions.
HIT THANKS if I helped you :D

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
Thanks negi:) one more doubt
as i told you i am running 2.3.3 android version which is new baseband,
am i able to flash andy's phoenix rom which is listed under 2.3.4 not under 2.3.3?? without any further modification on current status of my phone i mean changing to old baseband..etc

Negi9

Sep 22, 2011
Thanks negi:) one more doubt
as i told you i am running 2.3.3 android version which is new baseband,
am i able to flash andy's phoenix rom which is listed under 2.3.4 not under 2.3.3?? without any further modification on current status of my phone i mean changing to old baseband..etc

You will need to change baseband to the old one as Phoenix is not based on LG's official gingerbread.

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
so the phoenix 2.3.4 is not based on lg's v20 baseband (i mean the new baseband)? i saw openOptimus under 2.3.3 ROMs. can i install this ROM without changing the current new baseband?

debug7

Dec 30, 2011
thanks a lot. finally i decided to go with openoptimus ROM and franco.Kernel .35
i have heard lg optimus one has touch screen bug problem. will it fix with this upgrade?
also i want to play HD games without much lags. is it possible by using this combination of ROM and Kernel and overclocking the cpu?

Negi9

Sep 22, 2011
thanks a lot. finally i decided to go with openoptimus ROM and franco.Kernel .35
i have heard lg optimus one has touch screen bug problem. will it fix with this upgrade?
also i want to play HD games without much lags. is it possible by using this combination of ROM and Kernel and overclocking the cpu?

Well, there are workarounds. First of all it's impossible to completely fix the touchscreen bug. Franco is trying to reduce it to some extend. Yes, you can play HD games without lags with the latest kernel from Franco but it gives choppy UI.
So I suggest to use the older Franco kernel for now which gives smooth UI, but HD games will lag a little.
Overall, your phone will be much smoother and have much better performance than stock.

Reactions: debug7

Pwoper

Apr 22, 2013
I installed IcySnap V1.5 on my LG P500 which comes with kernel 2.6.35.10-perf + CM9 and overclocked to 729mhz. I really liked the rom, but I was wondering if there is another rom + kernel better that focus on performance and little bit of visual.I'm experiencing lag in some games like Zenonia 5 :(:(:(
And if i keep this rom, there is a better kernel to improve the performance ?

*sorry for possible gramm mistakes, english is not my mother language* :p

Last edited:

benjasmins

Sep 12, 2012
my android version is 2.3.3 GingerBread
kernel version: 2.6.35.10-perf lg-electronics@INFBA00091#1
my phone was running on 2.2 froyo when i bought it. later then i updated it to 2.3.3 (official firmware update by lg)

i want to to flash a new kernel and rom for maximum performance. i want to play HD games without much lags. so which combination of custom rom and kernel i should use?

andy's Phoenix ROM ( Gingerbread-2.3.4 , released on 2011-10-20) with
franco.Kernel for Gingerbread ( 2.6.35.14) works with mine?
or there is any better combination?

Try Miui v 1.2 and pp kernel 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, you will need old baseband or else data and GSM will not work.
    Read this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1149530

That combination is the best in my opinion, but you should wait for the new phoenix as the current one has a lot of bugs.
    when it comes to kernel i saw franco.Kernel under both .32 and .35 kernels. actually i don't know what this .32 and .35 means :confused: which franco kernel i should use??

For Phoenix, Franco .35
    so the phoenix 2.3.4 is not based on lg's v20 baseband (i mean the new baseband)? i saw openOptimus under 2.3.3 ROMs. can i install this ROM without changing the current new baseband?

Yup. It will work without changing to the old baseband.

Well, there are workarounds. First of all it's impossible to completely fix the touchscreen bug. Franco is trying to reduce it to some extend. Yes, you can play HD games without lags with the latest kernel from Franco but it gives choppy UI.
    So I suggest to use the older Franco kernel for now which gives smooth UI, but HD games will lag a little.
    Overall, your phone will be much smoother and have much better performance than stock.