Super looooong Battery Life

Search This thread

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
The results are actually quite underwhelming. Not trying to be a **** but I thought it would have been a bit better.

farrock02

Jun 18, 2010
How is that "better?" You were both at about 26 hours, and he had 46% left and you had 34% left.

Unless by "better" you meant "worse?"

Because the OP is using a Seidio extended battery which i think has a 3300 Mah and I have a stock battery(GSM)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

How is this even possible? I cant even get past 15 hours with 2-3 hours screen on time...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

To be honest I get around 16 hours with 3 hour screen on time during a work day when im out most of the day(7am-7pm). For me thats GREAT battery life. I have no problem charging my phone every night. When I dont have to worry about my battery until im going to bed im good. I even removed the battery indicator(see photos)

The screenshots I uploaded are results of being on Wifi most of the time(no work on the weekend). Granted i did go out for about 4 hours.

darrendm

Jan 24, 2009
London/Leeds/Toronto
AOKP23 with LeanKernel 2.0.1

Pretty light usage, 1h screen on time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 444

Fjdedrick

Aug 5, 2009
Guys, I'm not looking to break any records here. My phone is not tweaked. CpU is stock, no volting changes. This is the first time in my life and especially having a DROID phone that I have not bad to plug it in by noon. Let alone nearly two days. I have had DROID, DROID X, DROID X2, HTC Incredible, Incredible 2, Thunder Bolt, and now this one. Most of these had the extended battery and numerous ROM's and Kernel 's. This is the first time I have been able to Roam, 3g, 4G, 1x, etc for almost two days now.
Let's see what happens with some underlvolting and a Kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Fjdedrick

Aug 5, 2009
OK, here's the final tally before I go plug it in.

I'm going to tweak some things for the next round.

uploadfromtaptalk1329693868846.jpguploadfromtaptalk1329693886454.jpguploadfromtaptalk1329693904195.jpg

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hahahahahahahah two hours of screen on time and you are saying the OP has bad battery life? AND you're on wifi?? That's atrocious for a GSM nexus.

Dude he still had 73% battery left in that image you replied to with 2 hours screen time.

Oops i didnt see the other post. Need to delete my post.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshnichols189

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
GSM 4.0.2 standard battery .
I mad a thread about this not long ago , if you disable maps you can get this result.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329697115927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329697115927.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 381

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
No way. Maybe you missed the part that shows he still has 42% battery left? You can't use stock battery for 26 hrs and still have 42% left. I don't believe it.
Yes you can ;) I'm not trying to say that stock battery = Seidio 3800mAh, but OP's result is really poor.

tRcuK.png

Last edited:

gogol

May 20, 2005

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
Not sure but maps seems to be always on in your active apps . I find if you are not always installing new apps and uninstalling your phone will regulate and get better over time

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
someone be kind and help me...

Kernel: Franco (newest)
Android : 4.0.4

at this point i want to buy the 2000mah from amazon even though its 30$ :/

I also own the Incipo Feather so extended battery meaning bigger wont fit , i was thinking either mugen power 2000mah or Galaxy S2 T Mobile battery?

please help guys :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-19-22-49-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-19-22-49-50.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_2012-02-19-22-49-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-19-22-49-43.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Funny how everyone Bragg about incredible battery life when they using a thick ass extended battery 4g off all synchronization off barely using the phone and then saying omaga look at my battery life. All that unrealistic. I have a lte phone so I keep it on all day everything sync .. next time I'll post my battery life when plug in charger. Hehe

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
Hehe every thing is on just not GPS and Bluetooth do not use often. And its a standard battery GSM model

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
someone be kind and help me...

Kernel: Franco (newest)
Android : 4.0.4

at this point i want to buy the 2000mah from amazon even though its 30$ :/

I also own the Incipo Feather so extended battery meaning bigger wont fit , i was thinking either mugen power 2000mah or Galaxy S2 T Mobile battery?

please help guys :)

You look like you're using your phone hard with lots of awake and screen on time, and 4G with varying signal strengths. That's not surprising drain at all.

First off uninstall that task killer. There are a ton of things you can do to try and help along your battery but it really depends on your personal usage....

HcMAX

Mar 27, 2009
Hi

Do you guys make phone calls with does battery life stats...
I spend like 3/4 hours on phone everyday plus Skype calls plus sync is always on and some Facebook and gtalk, using wifi or 3G depending if I'm in or out of the office and I need to charge my nexus twice a day...if not at like 10pm the phone is almost dead....if not sooner...

Does that extended battery supports nfc?

Thanks

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
Funny how everyone Bragg about incredible battery life when they using a thick ass extended battery 4g off all synchronization off barely using the phone and then saying omaga look at my battery life. All that unrealistic. I have a lte phone so I keep it on all day everything sync .. next time I'll post my battery life when plug in charger. Hehe

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Word.

Also, I don't know why people are willing to believe that 3rd Party battery manufacturers can make batteries way superior than OEMs and drop so much money on them. (http://batteryboss.org/)

Really, why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got better battery life with the stock battery.
    Hahahahahahahah two hours of screen on time and you are saying the OP has bad battery life? AND you're on wifi?? That's atrocious for a GSM nexus.

Dude he still had 73% battery left in that image you replied to with 2 hours screen time.

Oops i didnt see the other post. Need to delete my post.
    I guess I missed the memo that battery e-peen threads were the new hotness. Most of these are utterly pointless since you can contrive ways to come up with impressive screenshots that in no way reflect real-world usage in most cases which also varies based on setup.

As much as I may believe there is some magical nirvana of 2 days with 5 hours of screen time - most typical use doesn't usually reflect that.