[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gregc2009

Aug 12, 2010
Went to bed last night at 11pm with 70% battery.

Woke up and checked the phone at 6:15 and it had 63%.

1% an hour at idle is the best I've had out of any ROM.

This was BT off, GPS off, Wi-Fi on.

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is there something that can be changed or edited such as the build prop to help with the Android Market?

I had to flash another Rom to purchase TSF Shell because with Slim on my Vibrant TSF Shell wasn't listed accessing the market with my Vibrant. On my computer the Android market shows "T-Mobile unknown SGH-T959 This item is not compatible with your device".

It's a real pain to flash another rom to get a recent update for TSF Shell, flash Slim, re-install all my apps, then spend a couple hours getting things setup the way I like.

My LCD density is set at 240, I tried the recommended vending.apk for market problems but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: krarvind

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Is there something that can be changed or edited such as the build prop to help with the Android Market?

I had to flash another Rom to purchase TSF Shell because with Slim on my Vibrant TSF Shell wasn't listed accessing the market with my Vibrant. On my computer the Android market shows "T-Mobile unknown SGH-T959 This item is not compatible with your device".

It's a real pain to flash another rom to get a recent update for TSF Shell, flash Slim, re-install all my apps, then spend a couple hours getting things setup the way I like.

My LCD density is set at 240, I tried the recommended vending.apk for market problems but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You changed your post :p. Get me a logcat

Sent from my Crespo using xda premium

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Went to bed last night at 11pm with 70% battery.

Woke up and checked the phone at 6:15 and it had 63%.

1% an hour at idle is the best I've had out of any ROM.

This was BT off, GPS off, Wi-Fi on.

Slim has amazing battery life, best I've had since using 2.2 roms.

I like the Glitch Kernels but with the amazing battery life with the stock kernel of Slim I have not tried Glitch.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

You changed your post :p. Get me a logcat

Sent from my Crespo using xda premium

I didn't mean to change my post, not sure what happened. I just started using Chrome browser and when I responded to another post it combined two posts together. Never had this happen using my old browser. Guess I must have done something wrong. Think I will stick with FireFox for posts.

Sorry.

I'm doing something wrong as I didn't mean to combine posts, happened again.

Last edited:

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hopefully I did this logcat correctly, never done one before.

I tried changing a couple things in the build prop but it didn't help. Instead of unknown it now showing Samsung in the Market. I will be the first to admit I'm a complete noob at editing the build prop.

In another thread users are claiming their browser is faster by changing the DNS server. I just tried it and the market seems faster to me. You might want to check into it and possibly including it in your next update if you feel it's worthwhile.

http://forum.aokp.co/topic/113-tweak-google-dns-for-faster-internet/

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-03-08-13-50-35-0800.txt
    94.6 KB · Views: 9

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Hopefully I did this logcat correctly, never done one before.

I tried changing a couple things in the build prop but it didn't help. Instead of unknown it now showing Samsung in the Market. I will be the first to admit I'm a complete noob at editing the build prop.

In another thread users are claiming their browser is faster by changing the DNS server. I just tried it and the market seems faster to me. You might want to check into it and possibly including it in your next update if you feel it's worthwhile.

http://forum.aokp.co/topic/113-tweak-google-dns-for-faster-internet/

send me the build.prop of the ROM that wokrs, might be a simpler fix there.

Reactions: nerve101 and GTOJim

mmfxda

Dec 10, 2010
That is what I did, I will try it again and report back.

I had done another full wipe again and I still had the same bug with the screen. Where in the morning the power button can't turn on the screen. My guess is that this happens due to a long deep sleep. This time I hadn't set up the alarm yet. The email notification rang and the bottom buttons were led.

The battery percentage on top of the battery, still exists. where the least significant digit can be unreadable. Didn't get a chance to test the battery drain yet. Flashed on 100% though.

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
I had done another full wipe again and I still had the same bug with the screen. Where in the morning the power button can't turn on the screen. My guess is that this happens due to a long deep sleep. This time I hadn't set up the alarm yet. The email notification rang and the bottom buttons were led.

The battery percentage on top of the battery, still exists. where the least significant digit can be unreadable. Didn't get a chance to test the battery drain yet. Flashed on 100% though.

Have you tried the ultimate kernel cleanup script from lippol94? That seemed to solve my problems due to prior kernel leftovers.