Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331536145894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331536145894.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 491

zires

Apr 2, 2011
Here's mine Buuf Guuf Go Launcher Theme

Got rid of all themes...bogs my Nook Color down!

25hplvr.jpg

Last edited:

hnzL

Jan 18, 2010
SPB Shell 3D

Attachments

• screenshot-1332246241189.jpg
    screenshot-1332246241189.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 434
  • screenshot-1332246250853.jpg
    screenshot-1332246250853.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 357
  • screenshot-1332246270648.jpg
    screenshot-1332246270648.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 338

AngelWings8

Jan 5, 2012
Chicago, IL

AngelWings8

Jan 5, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hmm...I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the dock toolbar, but I'll post some screenshots of my work-in-progress (stole a lot of ideas from screenshots I saw in this thread :D thanks for all the awesome ideas!). Some of these screens look better in portrait mode too. I hope none of these screenshots show any of my personal details o_O;;

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Tools.jpg
    Tools.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Games.jpg
    Games.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 386
  • Media.jpg
    Media.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 352
  • Library.jpg
    Library.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

deanerh

Jun 27, 2007
Hmm...I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the dock toolbar, but I'll post some screenshots of my work-in-progress (stole a lot of ideas from screenshots I saw in this thread :D thanks for all the awesome ideas!). Some of these screens look better in portrait mode too. I hope none of these screenshots show any of my personal details o_O;;

Can you share which widgets you're using on the Library and Home screens?

AirplaneCrazy

Feb 23, 2012
SoCal
Heres my work in progress:

Any sugestions, ideas or cool widgets I could use are welcome :D

screenshot-1331752802192.jpg

screenshot-1331752814048.jpg

screenshot-1331752823520.jpg

screenshot-1331752833610.jpg

screenshot-1331752842915.jpg

Would you mind sharing whats the name of the first wallpaper and calender widget and book progress widget on the reading screen?

---------- Post added 27th April 2012 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th April 2012 at 11:13 PM ----------

Only one screen. Don't have much on it, but it works well enough for me.

MnoHS.png

Kobo ereader
Simple Time Widget: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.northdroid.simpletimewidget
Battery Widget: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jonathanhedren.android.batterywidget

What's the name of your wallpaper? Thanks

Reactions: rekuhs

AngelWings8

Jan 5, 2012
Chicago, IL
Can you share which widgets you're using on the Library and Home screens?

Of course! I'm flattered :eek: I believe I'm using Minimalistic Text widgets for all the screen titles, as well as:

Home:
Sense Analog Clock
GO TaskManager
GO Switch Widget

Library: (I've since then removed these...my NC was running a bit slow so I tried to get rid of all the widgets I wasn't using very often)
Google Reader
AllRecipes

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
For those metro windows 8 lovers out there...

Is anyone able to help me modify an launcher apk so it skips the proccess of scaning your device and make the default Tablet mode?

Last edited:

macevanscb

Feb 14, 2011
How to screen capture....

OK... I've read that I can do a screen capture by holding down the Nook home button and pressing Vol-.

Problem is that a long home press brings up the recent apps window.

I didn't really want to wander thru 102 pages of posts.
Can anyone tell me what can I do to get this work?

[Running stable CM7.1 in EMMC]

lynnji

Jul 12, 2011
OK... I've read that I can do a screen capture by holding down the Nook home button and pressing Vol-.

Problem is that a long home press brings up the recent apps window.

I didn't really want to wander thru 102 pages of posts.
Can anyone tell me what can I do to get this work?

[Running stable CM7.1 in EMMC]
There are apps that do this great, I use screenshot from Kastor Soft, Google play store

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I was avoiding the floating soft keys button. For most things, I have been able to rely solely on the notification toolbar. But for xda app and aldiko, it seems the button is necessary. I have it set to 80 percent transparent, so you barely know it's there.

Sent from my rockin' rooted Nook Color using XDA App

I set this up on another forum, and I thought it might help here as well since a lot of people are having difficulty with SoftKeys and not realizing it's full potential:

I think people are frustrated with SoftKeys because they aren't properly setting it up.

Yes, the softkeys super-imposed button dealie sucks. So does Button Savior, to be honest. With SoftKeys, you can disable the constantly floating "button". I instead have the "n" key setup to do the following:

Single Press- Bar appears over bottom home bar, in any program, with all of the necessary buttons

Double Press- Return to Home (within 200ms, so essentially double-click).

This is the key advantage of SoftKeys. In normal operation, there is nothing obscuring my screen, ever. As soon as I find it necessary to use one of the necessary keys (usually back), I hit the "n" button. Suddenly, a bar appears on the bottom with all of them there. I hit the one I want, and SoftKeys goes away and performs the action. No floating icon on top of everything all the time reminding me about how the nook color lacks android hardkeys.

As a bonus, when I hit the n button, to bring up the softkey toolbar, it also brings up my most recently used programs at the top, as if I held Home on a normal Android device.

To achieve this setup, make sure that SoftKeys is installed and your default action for the "n" key. Enter SoftKey settings by opening it as an App or whatever and set the following:

Options in order:

SoftKeys Service

1. Uncheck "Run Service"
    2. *personal preference*
    3. *personal preference* (should be pretty low)
    4. *doesn't matter, the "popper" is turned off in #1
    5. Check "Auto Hide"
    6. Unchecked (*personal preference I assume, haven't tried it on*)

Virtual Home Button

1. Normal Press: set to your Preferred Home Launcher (In my case, Zeam is my favorite)
    2. Long Press: SoftKeys
    3. Unchecked

I'm not sure why these settings for the Virtual Home Button have an effect, but they seem to.

Physical Home Button

1. Single Tap = Softkeys, Doubletap = Zeam (preferred launcher)

Some people have to reboot after install to get their preferred launcher to appear here

2. *personal preference*

The rest of the options are personal preference, but this configuration seems to be to be rock-stable and incredibly convenient.

Once you set it up this way, download "Home Switcher" and use it to set SoftKeys to default. You may need to reboot after doing this.

I am posting this, despite it seeming obvious, because it seems as though some people aren't yet grasping the capabilities of SoftKeys as compared to Button Savior, and as in the above quoted, the immediate features of SoftKeys aren't well known. Hope this helps some people.
    The launcher (home replacement) I am using is Zeam. Its attached. Run it in full screen most to block out the default nook launcher. Its perfect with Softkeys.

The wallpaper is from http://interfacelift.com/

The best size to get is 1280x1024 for it to span all 3 screens.
    loving that background got a link?

Here it is: Linky

A lot more here.
    uploadfromtaptalk1341615238472.jpg

The wallpaper is Spectrum ICS LWP, I just made it a series of grays instead of the default rainbow.
    The few big dots in the screenshot move and fade and stuff. The bars slide. Etc.

Some of those tile icons I found here on XDA, I think a few were from DeviantArt, and the rest I made myself.