[KitkatP600][UPDATED] 2 Keyboards, RecentAppsScreen, MenuButtonMod

Search This thread

Nik_SV

Jun 19, 2014
Belarus, Gomel
Here is my problem:
My language - Russian. I always use an external keyboard. On firmware 4.3 everything worked perfectly. When installing shared here keyboards layout switch from English to Russian external keyboard does not happen, at least on the screen and see a notification about the change of layout. Keyboard from 4.3 does not work for KitKat.

MLodyXX

Mar 29, 2011
I'm sorry that I write on p600 forum, but no one on p900 forum couldn't help me for now. Maybe You can help?

I have note pro 12.2 LTE p905 rooted with custom recovery.

After reinstalling stock rom samsung keyboard force closes.

Sorry Sir, but I made everything that is written here and checked 3 times,still it doesn't work. I even tried to load Note 10.1 keyboard and It doesn't work also.

I can add that I had problem with reinstalling stock rom. At the end it showed "odin: invalid ext4 image". I tried to load rom from different site it was the same. I also tried to load rom from different region, same. System didn't star at first, but after loading CF autoroot it started. Can it be connected? System works flawless, the only problem is keyboard. I really like stock samsung keyboard and would like to keep it.

Does someone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate help.

Thank You.

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
Here is my problem:
My language - Russian. I always use an external keyboard. On firmware 4.3 everything worked perfectly. When installing shared here keyboards layout switch from English to Russian external keyboard does not happen, at least on the screen and see a notification about the change of layout. Keyboard from 4.3 does not work for KitKat.
Sorry mate but I do not understand the problem nor I can check kt by myself because I do not have a external keyboard. Hope someone is able to help you
I'm sorry that I write on p600 forum, but no one on p900 forum couldn't help me for now. Maybe You can help?

I have note pro 12.2 LTE p905 rooted with custom recovery.

After reinstalling stock rom samsung keyboard force closes.

Sorry Sir, but I made everything that is written here and checked 3 times,still it doesn't work. I even tried to load Note 10.1 keyboard and It doesn't work also.

I can add that I had problem with reinstalling stock rom. At the end it showed "odin: invalid ext4 image". I tried to load rom from different site it was the same. I also tried to load rom from different region, same. System didn't star at first, but after loading CF autoroot it started. Can it be connected? System works flawless, the only problem is keyboard. I really like stock samsung keyboard and would like to keep it.

Does someone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate help.

Thank You.
Strange problem, cant really assist on that one. What I would to is to make a full wipe in TWRP and start over with flashing a fw with odin.
Have you installed all drivers for your tab?
have you tried using an usb3 port for flashing or switched to an usb2 port?
Had someone else that problem with flashing?
Have you tried the odexed (stock) version of the keyboard? Or have you tried to delete the data of the keyboard app.
So many possible faults. I hope you can sort it out.

Reactions: MLodyXX

MLodyXX

Mar 29, 2011
Sorry mate but I do not understand the problem nor I can check kt by myself because I do not have a external keyboard. Hope someone is able to help you

Strange problem, cant really assist on that one. What I would to is to make a full wipe in TWRP and start over with flashing a fw with odin.
Have you installed all drivers for your tab?
have you tried using an usb3 port for flashing or switched to an usb2 port?
Had someone else that problem with flashing?
Have you tried the odexed (stock) version of the keyboard? Or have you tried to delete the data of the keyboard app.
So many possible faults. I hope you can sort it out.

THank You for Your reply.

I made a full wipe and full reinstall with odin.
I made it few times on different pc's, different odin versions and different usb (2.0 and 3.0)
I deleted it and tried a few different versions of samsung keybord and the strange thing is that I have problem only with that app.
I reinstalled drivers in kies before flashing...
Any other ideas?

MLodyXX

Mar 29, 2011
THank You for Your reply.

I made a full wipe and full reinstall with odin.
I made it few times on different pc's, different odin versions and different usb (2.0 and 3.0)
I deleted it and tried a few different versions of samsung keybord and the strange thing is that I have problem only with that app.
I reinstalled drivers in kies before flashing...
Any other ideas?

I have found the cause of my problems. I'm writting it here maybe it will help someone.

Some stock roms for p905 that can be found on sammobile and samsung firmware sites have issues. I have chacked polish and british roms and they have "odin: invalid ext4 image" error (the consequence of it is samsung keybord not working, force closes), Now I have installed rom from greece, it's flawless :)

Thank You for Your help.

Reactions: benni_1994

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Any chance to get tab pro 10.1 keyboard with haptic feedback ? I really miss it....thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-P600 mediante Tapatalk

arbit12

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks very much for the keyboard. The one thing that has made the tab a strong laptop replacement.

John822

Dec 3, 2011
Westlake
this is really awesome! great work, I love this Keyboard!
only thing I noticed is predictive text is very small and arrow is cut off. but that's no biggie.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
If you want a newer NotePro Keyboard, here is one:
Mega-Link :)
Instruction is the same as in the OP, I don't know if it works on this device, but on the Tab S without problems. TW 4.4.2 ond higher only!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone ! :)

For those of you who are on KitKat and want the Note Pro Keyboard app... here it is!

Root needed:
    Download the apk and place it on your tablet ;)
    I have used ES File Explorer with root option
    You have to mount /system as RW
    1) Make a backup of your current Samsung Keyboard with TitaniumBackup
    OR rename it under /system/app from SamsungIME.apk to SamsungIME.apk.bak
    2) Rename SamsungIME.odex to SamsungIME.odex.bak
    3) Delete SamsungIME.apk under /system/app
    4) Copy the new SamsungIME.apk to /system/app
    5) Change the permission of SamsungIME.apk to rw-r--r-- or 644
    6) Reboot :)

DOWNLOAD at the end of the OP
    If you have problems or ForceClose then it is a good idea to install the GoogleKeyboard and try again
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2312179
    I have attached a ScreenShot to show you how it looks on my SM-P600 ;)
    y3edepys.jpg

The one above is in the SamsungIME.apk.zip attached.
    tu2u7ypu.jpg

That one is in the SamsungIME.apk_Note Pro12.2.zip Attachement. Hope you like it.

Maybe some of you want to use the menue button to work as a RecentApps Button?
    1) Use an Root Explorer to navigate to /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
    2)Edit line 139 and change "MENU" to "APP_SWITCH"
    3)Save the file and then reboot. now you have a recent apps softkey
    ase4e5yt.jpg

Not needed anymore (Samsung included it in the 4.4.2 US Update, only for those of us who use the Columbian Firmware:
    Do you want an alternative RecentApps Screen? Try this:

Root needed:
    If someone wants to change the Recent Apps screen (because I think the new one looks not nice) you can change it by changing the following lines in build.prop to "ro.product.name=viennaltexx" and "ro.product.device=viennalte"
    "ro.product.model=SM-P905". I have used a build prop editor from the playstore. It needs a reboot.
    It will look like this
    a8e7erah.jpg

Also you will be able to download hancom office from the Samsung App Store.
    Cant find hancom office in the samsung store even after editing my build prop.
    Because the build prop's posted here are not really correct.

Use these:
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SM-P905
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=viennaltexx
    ro.product.device=viennalte
    Hello everyone ! :)

For those of you who have flashed the new Columbian Firmware based on KitKat and want the Note Pro 12.2 Keyboard app... here it is!

Root needed:
    Download the apk and place it on your tablet ;)
    I have used ES File Explorer with root option
    You have to mount /system as RW
    1) Make a backup of your current Samsung Keyboard with TitaniumBackup
    OR rename it under /system/app from SamsungIME.apk to SamsungIME.apk.bak
    2) Rename SamsungIME.odex to SamsungIME.odex.bak
    3) Delete SamsungIME.apk under /system/app
    4) Copy the new SamsungIME.apk to /system/app
    5) Change the permission of SamsungIME.apk to rw-r--r-- or 644
    6) Reboot :)

DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6yhuxsl6e12njp/kzoDSqQEJ6
    If you have problems or ForceClose then it is a good idea to install the GoogleKeyboard and try again
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2312179
    I have attached a ScreenShot to show you how it looks on my SM-P600 ;)
    y3edepys.jpg

I don't know how many times you guys are able to download it from my Dropbox, feel free to make mirrors so other users can try it out :)

Maybe some of you want to use the menue button to work as a RecentApps Button?
    1) Use an Root Explorer to navigate to /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
    2)Edit line 139 and change "MENU" to "APP_SWITCH"
    3)Save the file and then reboot. now you have a recent apps softkey
    ase4e5yt.jpg

Do you want an alternative RecentApps Screen? Try this:

Root needed:
    If someone wants to change the Recent Apps screen (because I think the new one looks not nice) you can change it by changing the following lines in build.prop to "ro.product.name=SM-P905" and "ro.product.device=SM-P905". I have used a build prop editor from the playstore. It needs a reboot.
    It will look like this
    a8e7erah.jpg

Also you will be able to download hancom office from the Samsung App Store.

You beat me to it! I just downloaded the system dump from the note pro to extract the keyboard.

I also got the recent apps screen working as well and it's awesome. I disabled the capacitive buttons though so I can use the tablet in portrait mode without accidentally pressing one of the capacitive buttons, what I do is use GMD Gesture control as it makes it easier. I disabled all the built in gestures and enabled 3 user gestures. A swipe down with 3 fingers registers as a back button press, swipe up with 4 fingers brings up the recent apps menu and a 4 finger pinch registers as a home button press. I used xposed to enable the 3dot menu in all apps so I don't need a menu button, but as a backup I have LMT installed to get pie with back home recent and menu.

Just sharing my experiences :)

Thanks for this guide and taking the time to extract the keyboard!
    Quick update: Check the OP.
    The Note 12.2 keyboard is uploaded. Give it a try if you want to.
    It is fully working as far as I have tested it.
    That means:
    ●Haptic feedback is working
    ●It switches to Handwriting recognition mode when you use the SPen.

epadaseh.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
    Clear your dalvik and it will work fine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That problem was solved via PM. He had to install an MarketUnlocker as in his country the app stores are restricted. But thank you for helping

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk