[REVIEW] Rock TPU Case, also protects camera lens!

Search This thread

Dark13lade

May 31, 2012
The case feels more rubbery and is very nice to handle. Because of the harder textured back, it doesn't get all oily and slippery from regular usage like a normal TPU case.

Power key is easy to press but the volume rocker is difficult to find sometimes because it doesn't jut out too much.

Overall the case is great. I've already dropped it and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't suggest using the screen protector that's included. I highly recommend the Martin Field's overlays, they feel great.

Thanks for your reply, forgot to ask 2 things

Does the case seem to stretch over time? For now I have a cheap tpu I bought and I guess from the heat of the device it got bigger and now the case doesn't fit right

And the other which may kind of stupid for me to ask, this case is good for the International device right? Sometimes I see fit only at&t device.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ewong90

Dec 20, 2009

Does the case seem to stretch over time? For now I have a cheap tpu I bought and I guess from the heat of the device it got bigger and now the case doesn't fit right

And the other which may kind of stupid for me to ask, this case is good for the International device right? Sometimes I see fit only at&t device.

I haven't noticed any warping. It seems pretty sturdy. This is probably because the case is a bit thicker than most tpu cases. I'm not to sure if they make different sizes, but the difference is probably quite minimal.

Reactions: Dark13lade

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Thanks for the review, dude, and the pictures! It's very helpful :)
But I hate to be the one to say it.... Isn't it a little ugly?
I know there's no accounting for taste and everything, but in my opinion the 'blocks' kinda clash with the phones streamlined look.
Just saying, not complaining or anything. I realize some people are willing to sacrifice looks for reliability.

death__machine

May 6, 2012
Dubai
I just got one of these. Same color like the OP has. Transparent Black. I picked up this mainly for the camera lens protection and I'm happy, even though the price was 4 times more than the last tpu case that I had.

The Screen Protector is fail imo. It got multiple scratches just when I was using a card to get rid of bubbles -_-. But I already have a few micro scratches so I'm gonna let this one sit for a while.

death__machine

May 6, 2012
Dubai
Thanks for the review, dude, and the pictures! It's very helpful :)
But I hate to be the one to say it.... Isn't it a little ugly?
I know there's no accounting for taste and everything, but in my opinion the 'blocks' kinda clash with the phones streamlined look.
Just saying, not complaining or anything. I realize some people are willing to sacrifice looks for reliability.

Well it is one of the few cases that gives camera protection, so a good sacrifice on looks I would say. Without the case whenever I had to put the phone on a desk or table, I had to be cautious as to either putting the phone on the screen side or putting it on the camera side gently as to not scratch the camera lens. Now I can at least be a little less cautious about how I keep it on my table lol :p

After using this case for around 4 days, I don't think that it adds grip, I feel its more slippery than it was naked -_- which resulted in me dropping it once with the case. Nothing happened :)

The Screen Protector isn't scratch-resistant. Not One Bit. There are a few bubbles I can't get rid of. The plus point however is my fingers glide damn easily over this **** screen protector. Its easier to glide my fingers on this compared to the glass of the HOX. I need to look for a better screen protector, one that covers the whole top surface and smooth. I'll keep this one on for a while though, as my phone will be going to HTC as soon as I get to Dubai, for the WiFi Death grip fix.

iLV16

Jun 28, 2012
I've been looking for a case for a long time and I think I'm gonna get this. Anyone have it in blue?

death__machine

May 6, 2012
Dubai
Can u feel volume buttons when u put case on?

You can, the volume buttons/lock buttons part of the case is a bit protruding from the rest of the case.

But it is a pain to change volume imo. Thats probably the bad part about the case. Same goes for the lock button. Pain in the sense, the "feel" of pressing a button is gone/diminished.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought my case from here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330710065235...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3991wt_1185

They have different colors. I got the black one. Not bad for $12 with free shipping.

Took 14 days to arrive in Canada. Item actually shipped from Singapore and not Hong Kong (as it says on the ebay page)

Power button and volume rocker are easy to press. Although you wont feel any feedback from pressing these buttons. Typical of any TPU case.

As you can see, the TPU is textured for improved grip.

Rock Logo above the speaker cut out.

Protects the rear camera! No more worrying when laying your phone on any surface.

Front view with the phone. The TPU case extends all the way to the edge of the screen. You can put the phone face down on a table and it wouldnt touch the screen.

Rear view with the phone. You can still see the HTC logo and Beats Audio logo.

A closer look at the camera protection.

Cut outs are perfect for micro USB port, 3.5mm headphone jack and microphone. However, no cut out for the 5pin at the back.

Took the pic on a wrong angle. Cut out is actually perfect.

It comes with a free screen protector. Its not a perfect fit. The sides wont stick since the screen is curved.

Thanks for checking it out!
    I just ordered the black for my white One X, since it's clear it gives it a nice smoky look.
    Hey, thinking about buying this case, was wondering about a few things hope you guys can help me

In the pics this case looks like plastic and not pleasant for the touch, is that so?

Is it difficult to press the power/volume keys?

Was reading the previous posts but it's still not clear about those things

Thanks.

The case feels more rubbery and is very nice to handle. Because of the harder textured back, it doesn't get all oily and slippery from regular usage like a normal TPU case.

Power key is easy to press but the volume rocker is difficult to find sometimes because it doesn't jut out too much.

Overall the case is great. I've already dropped it and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't suggest using the screen protector that's included. I highly recommend the Martin Field's overlays, they feel great.

I haven't noticed any warping. It seems pretty sturdy. This is probably because the case is a bit thicker than most tpu cases. I'm not to sure if they make different sizes, but the difference is probably quite minimal.