CREAKING/CLICKING SOUNDS on the LOWER LEFT CORNER

Search This thread

ugotproblemz

Feb 16, 2009
New York City
So i was doing a final check before i go ahead and unlock bootloader and start flashing since unlocking voids your warranty with google.

upon inspections, i found out that when i PUSH on the lower left corner on the phone, it creaks PRETTY loudly, it almost sounded like im clicking on my mouse....

Anyone else got this!??!?!

ugotproblemz

Feb 16, 2009
New York City
no, everything look uniform. Same color and all. it just clicks when i push out.

Also not when i plug in my charger and wiggle it a bit. it makes some noise....i know its not my charging cord cuz i use like 3 different ones.

Thanks,

kchino

Mar 11, 2008
You can relock the bootloader that's a non issue. I have the creaking clicking sound too but on the left side above the volume rocker. I was going to exchange it but went to the T-Mobile store and the sales reps N4 and the display unit do the same thing. No unevenness in the bezel to case on any of them either. I decided there are worse problems in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ugotproblemz

CrAYoN_EaTeR

Jul 29, 2010
Have the same thing on the left side of the USB port looks flush but I can push it in a little and it makes a noise doesn't seem to be doing any hard and it doesn't look off so I'm fine with it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.

Please do. I'm a sufferer as well and just thought a few minutes ago if tightening the screws could help. Because if that's all it is, then... BALLIN'.

But seriously, even if it doesn't help, I think I'll be able to live with it. I mean I don't normally squeeze the bottom of the phone like that. :p

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
I should have the screwdriver by Wednesday, according to USPS. I will update everyone once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

illmatic416

Dec 9, 2009
I should have the screwdriver by Wednesday, according to USPS. I will update everyone once I get it.

I have tried the Torx screwdriver for this issue. It doesn't do anything. My first Nexus was really bad with this problem, picking it up would cause a creak...you could even push the bezel at the bottom left corner and it would feel "mushy", as there was some slight give. I got an RMA and the replacement unit arrived yesterday. Same issue, but not as bad as the first one...there's no give on the bezel, but squeezing that left corner can produce a creak. Looking at the teardown on iFixit, I don't see what would cause this other than glue from the back or pressure on the speaker unit.

Reactions: nyijedi

ugotproblemz

Feb 16, 2009
New York City
oh damn, that issue is worst than mines. Good luck on it bro

mines is just pushing in on the corner...i can pretty much live with it since i have my bumper on 24/7 but im thinking about getting a rma.

what do you guys think? rma or no?

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY

mines is just pushing in on the corner...i can pretty much live with it since i have my bumper on 24/7 but im thinking about getting a rma.

If that's the only issue, and it's not that bad, I wouldn't rma it. The chances of getting one with something else wrong make it not worth it in my view.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: ugotproblemz

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
The creaking in the lower left of my N4 seems to have gotten worse. It's not a huge deal, especially since I normally keep my N4 in a TPU case, but it is annoying. Anyone else notice the same thing? I'm tempted to put a very small amount of crazy glue near where the glass and plastic meet in that corner (ever since a tiny amount of crazy glue completely fixed the screen lift problem with my N7, it's been on my mind for various fixes).

late8

Nov 23, 2012
I have the same thing on the upper left corner just above the volume button. Again this is on the plastic surround. If I hold in landscape for example the area my left thumb goes lands right there and it creaks hell. However it won't do it again unless I press slightly on the glass in the same area and it clicks.

These all sound like clips or something not clicking into place.

My volume rocker was loose from day one, now the power button is getting loose the more I use it.

Poor BQ IMO.

Last edited:

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
I need to stay out of these forums you guys are making me paranoid looking for things I shouldn't. like squeezing my phone and doing all sorts of strange things lmao :D

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
I need to stay out of these forums you guys are making me paranoid looking for things I shouldn't. like squeezing my phone and doing all sorts of strange things lmao :D

Haha. Don't go too crazy. The creaking, at least in my case, is a minor annoyance. It's not a big deal. I've learned a long time ago that there's no such thing as a perfect phone.

fresh_TD

Feb 25, 2012
Destin, FL
Haha. Don't go too crazy. The creaking, at least in my case, is a minor annoyance. It's not a big deal. I've learned a long time ago that there's no such thing as a perfect phone.

You guys are crazy.. you paid $300/$350 for this device, why would you settle for something that has defects?? Get a replacement from Google.. Cmon man;);)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can relock the bootloader that's a non issue. I have the creaking clicking sound too but on the left side above the volume rocker. I was going to exchange it but went to the T-Mobile store and the sales reps N4 and the display unit do the same thing. No unevenness in the bezel to case on any of them either. I decided there are worse problems in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I have tried the Torx screwdriver for this issue. It doesn't do anything. My first Nexus was really bad with this problem, picking it up would cause a creak...you could even push the bezel at the bottom left corner and it would feel "mushy", as there was some slight give. I got an RMA and the replacement unit arrived yesterday. Same issue, but not as bad as the first one...there's no give on the bezel, but squeezing that left corner can produce a creak. Looking at the teardown on iFixit, I don't see what would cause this other than glue from the back or pressure on the speaker unit.

If that's the only issue, and it's not that bad, I wouldn't rma it. The chances of getting one with something else wrong make it not worth it in my view.