[UTIL] PatchSplash v0.1 - flash custom splash screen w/o old splash at the bottom!

Search This thread

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
I noticed that the old splash screen when flashing a new one still exists occupying about 100 pixels below the screen (where the OS, radio info shows at startup). This has been a problem in the Diamond and Raphael devices. On my stubborness and experimentation I've fixed it (without disregard of bricking it! I thank rotohammer for this!)

So, here you go! Tested working in Touch Pro and Diamond! (thanks to Sevennl for the first one testing it on Diamond :D)

patchsplash v0.1

- supports Raphael and Diamond Splash screen

Instructions:

- do the steps from on how to change your splash screen from here:

for Raphael : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2709600&postcount=1
for Diamond (item no. 3): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2465195&postcount=1

- BUT, before doing step no. 5 (converting .nb back to .nbh file) run patchsplash

- usage: patchsplash.exe [R/D] <target .nb file> <output .nb file>

example for Raphael: patchsplash.exe R Splash.nb Output.nb
example for Diamond: patchsplash.exe D Splash.nb Output.nb

- continue packing it to to .nbh
- FLASH and DONE!

Correct file size of the final .nb file to be converted to .nbh should be 655360.
Want to revert back to original splash screens? I've extracted T-Mobile/Vodafone/HTC original splash screen for Raphael.

A SIMPLE DONATION OF THANK YOU's IS APPRECIATED. And of course, I'm not liable if you brick your phone :p

AT&T Splash from navyguy (thanks!) can be found here!

Attachments

• patchsplashv0.1.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • Raphael_HTCHSplash.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 2,801
  • Raphael_TMobileSplash.zip
    7 KB · Views: 574
  • Raphael_VodaSplash.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
I would love to test but can i just ask, if i have a 480x640 splash screen i want to use, with your method the image will show up under the bottom 100px, or is that the wrong understanding.

no-- that is the current problem right now everybody is missing about 100px data at the bottom of their screen when flashing splash screens for Diamond and Raphael, but with the patchsplash it will fill up the missing data so it will have the true 480x640 splash screen :) What others was doing before is just have a black splash screen (with an original HTC splash) so it would "sort of" blend with the screen :D

bennec83

no-- that is the current problem right now everybody is missing about 100px data at the bottom of their screen when flashing splash screens for Diamond and Raphael, but with the patchsplash it will fill up the missing data so it will have the true 480x640 splash screen :) What others was doing before is just have a black splash screen (with an original HTC splash) so it would "sort of" blend with the screen :D

so doing this would give me my full image (480x640), not the image minus the the last 100px and a black stripe?

bennec83

precisely :) This is the thread on Diamond (see page 2-3) and I found the problem also happens on Raphael: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412796

im going to the gym, then ill get this done!!

thanks for your help, ill report bk once complete.

Just a quick question, it has been a while since i used any command line stuff, how do i use patchsplash.exe (feel dumb asking! also abit lazy for not reading!! sorry)

Sevennl

Dec 9, 2007
Wijchen
I tried it and it works perfectly on my HTC Touch Diamond.
Alto I used a different Flasher : DiamonCustomRUU.exe
(attached to this post)

Attachments

• DiamondCustomRUU.zip
    611.3 KB · Views: 311

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
Can somebody explain me how this works (patch splash).
I think I do something rong, or it doesn't work...

You cant just click on the .exe in windows. You must enter the commands in a DOS prompt.

IE..
for windowsxp
Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt
That should bring up MS-DOS. Then CD\(whatever folder the patchsplash.exe file is located in)
C:\(Whatever folder)\>Patchsplash.exe R splash.nb splash2.nb
Then continue packing to a .nbh file and flash it. All done.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
OK, after some serious searching, I found an O2 Splash I built from back in my early Tilt days. I converted the original 240x320 .bmp to a 480x640 .bmp. Then ran the patchsplash.exe file to create a fully functional .nb file prior to building the .nbh file. I hope this is what you guys are looking for. If not, drop me a PM and I will see if I can find the exact file.

Included in the .zip file is the .bmp and the .nbh file. I have not included the ruu wrapper as I find it much safer and quicker to flash via SD card. Just rename the O2Splash.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh and drop in your root directory of the SD card and enter bootloader.

I have also attached the .bmp file by itself in case it is not correct and you dont want to flash the .nbh file.

Enjoy.
o2splashgw5.png

Attachments

• O2Splash.zip
    827.1 KB · Views: 88