Accessories for Galaxy Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hello everyone!

Ebay and the local stores have hardly any accessory for the samsung galaxy note. Even if there are stores that do deal in accessories for this device, I have not heard about them.

I thought this would be a perfect platform to discuss about accessories for the note and help map the stores for people who don't have much idea (like me).

Inviting ideas and opinions, please.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Last edited:

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
As for me, I have:

- a decent P250 screen protector (not bad for the price) | Glossy | Finger print magnet | they did not have the matte one

- sad and boring looking jelly-case (does the job though). | P250 as well | Some reviewer was taking about some Samsung original (flip top) covers, but it was hardly any info as I could not find where he got it from.

Tomorrow I will check out the zagg invisible shield store at SM Megamall (I guess there is one). And will hit back to the topic with the pricing and quality.

allansy

Dec 11, 2011
Accesories for Note

I bought a decent screen protector in Greenhills for Php150. First I look around, there were many of them selling the same screen protector but the cheapest I could find of the same brand was Php150. Sorry I forgot the name. Matte and gloss available. Just look and ask around in Theater Mall GH, not in ViraMall GH as it is more expensive there.

Also I was able to find a realook screen protector matte or gloss (take your pick) also somewhere in Theater Mall GH, it comes with 2 screen protector, cleaning cloth, alcohol something (I guess for cleaning) and its around Php600-800. Looks legit. She even gave me a calling card of the GM of the company of realook here in Phil. She tried to sell me only one piece of the shield that is already open for Php600. Good thing I read at the back of the package that it comes with 2 pcs of shields. I got it down as low as 500 and she still agreed to sell it to me. I didn't bite. :p

She said it will be available soon so I will be back there next time. I think the one she tried to sell me was only a sample.

For casing in GH, just jellys. Try looking in the internet, there are already a lot of cases available and with high quality. They ship in the Philippines. I am just not sure about the feel that is why I am still waiting for legit cases to be available here so I can try it out first before buying.

For the flip cover, if you buy directly from Samsung or from any legit stores, the cover comes with it. At the back of the package, it writes 'Not for sale.'

Last edited:

jaysnotjaycee

Dec 11, 2011
Pasay
the note and the accessories for it should've arrived on the same date. its really hard to protect a big phone/tablet from scratches and all.

waiting for otterbox to arrive, its taking too long :(

allansy

Dec 11, 2011
I have seen otterbox for iphone, it looks good. I will wait and see if it becomes available here in Phil for the note. I hope it arrives soon. I have been using the free flip cover, its good but it offers no protection for the sides.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Had gone to megamall today... saw the flip cover from samsung at wellcom (guess that's the name of the store). But it was free with a purchase of a new note (P34990). They were not selling it separately though, which was sad.

The samsung mobile store was crowded as hell. Wanted to check out a store unit of the note and compare it to mine (for the screen issues), but I could not (other people checking the unit). Not a single sales person paid attention to what I needed (a flip cover). Was disappointed, but that's howsamsung operates around the world, I guess.

Zagg Invisible shield was also there. The sales people over there were too busy to notice my presence (though I am 6ft tall). Did not get to know if they had something for the note. But I did look at the price (if available). P1000 for the back part. P800 for the screen. And P1500 for the whole unit. Is kinda expensive, but hey, protection comes at a premium.

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
otter box in Megamall did not have any info abt developments in the note in the company. When I asked her... she said no info yet

Last edited:

allansy

Dec 11, 2011
Zagg Shield

Were you able to see if they are indeed selling Zagg Shield in Megamall?
What store? Inside the technohub?

nbc1213

Dec 19, 2011
I passed by Zagg in Megamall last Friday with my Galaxy Note. The lady said she didn't have any shields yet for the note... so, i opted for a screen protector which cost me 200 pesos (at BSA International) and a stupid looking blue jelly case.

In ebay, there are some really nice leather cases... especially those that are made in Korea. A bit pricey though... ranging from $35 to $75... shipping not included.

nbc1213

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I passed by Zagg in Megamall last Friday with my Galaxy Note. The lady said she didn't have any shields yet for the note... so, i opted for a screen protector which cost me 200 pesos (at BSA International) and a stupid looking blue jelly case.

In ebay, there are some really nice leather cases... especially those that are made in Korea. A bit pricey though... ranging from $35 to $75... shipping not included.

nbc1213

May be that is why they were not paying attention to me! they might have seen me with a note in my hands and thought that they cant help me anyway...

About otter box, Nothing available as yet! this is getting pretty sad... screen issues doubled up with lack of accessories... Just a silly scratch guard and a stupid jelly case over here too! :(

allansy

Dec 11, 2011
ebay casing nad screen protectors

Hey guys!

I have been checking in ebay philippines with Location filtered to Worldwide.
There are a lot of sellers selling decent casing for galaxy note. There is the Black S line Silicone TPU Skin Case Cover for less than PhP200, also there is the aluminum cover that looks sleek selling for PhP1,500. For screen protectors, I haven't gone back to GH to check on the realook screen protectors but I'm sure by next year they already have that. I was there late November and they already have it opened that's why I didn't buy it.

Also, ebay (filtered worldwide) is selling flip covers but it is really expensive with price at least PhP2,000.

Thanks!

knowsnophones

Sep 16, 2011
I have only seen matte screen protectors around. They make the white of the screen look sparkly and as such would like a clear protector instead.

To those guys who bought the clear/glossy screen protectors, what store/mall did you buy them from and how much did you guys pay for them?

How is the quality as well? Does it affect the screen that much?

And to those who have bought matte screen protectors, have you had any matte screen protector that did not affect the whiteness of the screen (did not make is sparkly)?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

As for me, I have:

- a decent P250 screen protector (not bad for the price) | Glossy | Finger print magnet | they did not have the matte one

- sad and boring looking jelly-case (does the job though). | P250 as well | Some reviewer was taking about some Samsung original (flip top) covers, but it was hardly any info as I could not find where he got it from.

Tomorrow I will check out the zagg invisible shield store at SM Megamall (I guess there is one). And will hit back to the topic with the pricing and quality.

Where did you buy (store and mall) your screen protector from? How is it? Is it clear? Does it affect the colors? Does it look like it does not have a screen protector?

Last edited:

rockysiccion

Aug 17, 2010
Guys i have a zenus case ostrich diary for galaxy note. Just pm me if you want it.

Its brand new P3,700

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I have only seen matte screen protectors around. They make the white of the screen look sparkly and as such would like a clear protector instead.

To those guys who bought the clear/glossy screen protectors, what store/mall did you buy them from and how much did you guys pay for them?

How is the quality as well? Does it affect the screen that much?

And to those who have bought matte screen protectors, have you had any matte screen protector that did not affect the whiteness of the screen (did not make is sparkly)?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Where did you buy (store and mall) your screen protector from? How is it? Is it clear? Does it affect the colors? Does it look like it does not have a screen protector?

The one i have is not the clearest... i already have a few scratches... i got it from green hills!

Guys i have a zenus case ostrich diary for galaxy note. Just pm me if you want it.

Its brand new P3,700

By any chance, do you have any pic of this? I'm interested. Where are you based? Thanks.

Btw, for others asking about the case with NOT FOR SALE tag. I was able to buy one for P800 at Cyberzone SM Cubao. (Yes, I'm that silly. Lol!) Forgot the name of the shop but its just near the escalator, beside Tylex.

kebong

Jan 6, 2011
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
Got an original samsung flip case for the note at GH for 800php. This however still leaves the sides unprotected so I had to use a jelly case, only I cut the sides to accommodate the flip part. It doesn't look ugly as it sounds, and does the job until we get invisishield for the Note.

Its brand new P3,700

you mean this one?
2k markup... :rolleyes:
I reckon you can get this on some online chinese retailer shop with only 500php shipping, link is around the forum

Last edited:

allansy

Dec 11, 2011
Globe APN

Hey guys! Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, but I think this is where all the Note users in Phil are posting.

Quick question: Were you able to activate your Globe 3g on your Note? Please share the APN settings. I am having trouble connecting to 3g. I am a Globe prepaid user and my sim card is I think 4 to 5 years old.

Many thanks!

ariboi

Jul 4, 2010
Lipa
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hey guys! Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, but I think this is where all the Note users in Phil are posting.

Quick question: Were you able to activate your Globe 3g on your Note? Please share the APN settings. I am having trouble connecting to 3g. I am a Globe prepaid user and my sim card is I think 4 to 5 years old.

Many thanks!

I use globe too. And NO! There is no support for the Note yet! I tried sending a message to get the settings and the reply was something like 'handset not supported'...

I tried taking to a globe customer rep, he gave me a few settings over the phone... they did not work either!

:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where'd you get your Glas.t and had it installed?

Did you buy it from Digital Walker or AppleWerkz?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

i want a glas.t as well. where'd you get yours and how much did you get it for?

Sent from my GT-N7000

Forgot the exact price but it was around Php 2500 from Applewerkz Katipunan. I think Digital Walker has it at that price as well. As for installation, Applewerkz can do it for you, or you can do it yourself. Installation isn't that hard, if you know how to put screen protectors on.
    Got an original samsung flip case for the note at GH for 800php. This however still leaves the sides unprotected so I had to use a jelly case, only I cut the sides to accommodate the flip part. It doesn't look ugly as it sounds, and does the job until we get invisishield for the Note.

GH as in green hills, right? Do you remember the name of the shop? Lucky you! That's an awesome deal you got for that flip cover!

@ariboi
    it wasn't a shop, it was one of those muslim owned stalls. just ask around, swertehan lang din.

@allansy
    Not just 3G. I am able to use HSPA+ on my Note using the usual Globe APN settings which my sister who has an iPhone also uses. I would post them here but I am on postpaid and I think prepaid and postpaid have different APN settings. Globe doesn't "support" it officially, but I can confirm it does work
    Now this looks awesome! Where did you buy this buddy?

I bought it from Singapore...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    I see. Is it possible for us to have an arrangement? I'm willing to pay. Ill pm you.

Why don't I just pm you instead if my plans pushes through. I don't want to get your hopes up. I'm still thinking if I want to get the Zenus case. I'm still looking for more info if it has a magnet latch because I heard it messes up the screen, compass, and gps. And when I do, I'd still probably get it from my next pay slip as I have already burnt a lot of money lately, :).