Universal ROOT in 3 steps - Level: Asian

Search This thread

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Further steps obsolete, because they're offering an english Root-Tool now.

But for the sake of completion, they will remain here:

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
- During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow ;)

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?4243-root-after-upgrade-to-4-1-1&p=12972&viewfull=1#post12972

Last edited:

beyored

Oct 3, 2012
manchester
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....

Last edited:
Reactions: disadjusted

beyored

Oct 3, 2012
manchester
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks ;)

this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....

Last edited:
Reactions: drifter94

drifter94

Jul 18, 2012
Torino Italy
this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i don't suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....

Thank you sir, gonna try this later.
No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
(sorry for the OT ;) )
Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

beyored

Oct 3, 2012
manchester
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Thank you sir, gonna try this late.
No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
(sorry for the OT ;) )

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda premium

Yeah I've seen the thread....and your welcome mate.... I'll let you know if I come across any ROMs......or Recovery's...

Reactions: drifter94

alansan2013

May 30, 2013
Hi,
root is working on my POV MOBII 1325 13.3" !!

BUT........

it's hard without screenshot about deleting chinese apk and replace kinguser_su with superSU...

(9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup)

please...... screenshots are welcome because I tried to do that but then I lose root !!

regards

alansan2013

Last edited:

drifter94

Jul 18, 2012
Torino Italy

Yeah I've seen the thread....and your welcome mate.... I'll let you know if I come across any ROMs......or Recovery's...
I can't install adb on any computer for the life of me!! Can you please make a flashable zip to root this table? Or something that doesn't require adb.. Thanks

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
Hello,

Bit of feedback on your guide. Could benefit other Slate users

First I tried only using my adb drivers and skipped Moborobo, but I got a blank screen with what looks to be half of the right side of the notification bar is darker. So I rebooted and all was well.

I used Moborobo and it found my device and I used Shuame and it looked to be going well until I reached the point of encryption. So the software says press the right so I do and then it rebooted. There was no root and on screen it is asking me to press the blue button again as the green bar was only half so I did. This then put me on a boot loop. I booted into recovery and rebooted to system. It worked. So the screen was still spinning trying to do something and then out of no where it rebooted and same again with the darker area. So I unplugged and rebooted and it worked. I got root.

Now just for the tricky part of removing these Chinese files lol.

Good guide mate. Thank you very much.

drifter94

Jul 18, 2012
Torino Italy
Hello,

Bit of feedback on your guide. Could benefit other Slate users

First I tried only using my adb drivers and skipped Moborobo, but I got a blank screen with what looks to be half of the right side of the notification bar is darker. So I rebooted and all was well.

I used Moborobo and it found my device and I used Shuame and it looked to be going well until I reached the point of encryption. So the software says press the right so I do and then it rebooted. There was no root and on screen it is asking me to press the blue button again as the green bar was only half so I did. This then put me on a boot loop. I booted into recovery and rebooted to system. It worked. So the screen was still spinning trying to do something and then out of no where it rebooted and same again with the darker area. So I unplugged and rebooted and it worked. I got root.

Now just for the tricky part of removing these Chinese files lol.

Good guide mate. Thank you very much.

Well that's a problem for me, if i get that ..( i got black screen twice, I thanked god it wasn't bricked, and decided to not try it again... Lucky third? Either bricked or rooted, not going to give it a go :)) )

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
If you follow what I did mate you will get root. Its scary but I got it in the end. Its safe to use.. as long as you get in recovery you can save your device.

I have the problem of adding in English SuperUser. When I do and install binary I loose root.

Could someone detail how to do this correctly please? I will still be searching and trying.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Further steps obsolete, because they're offering an english Root-Tool now.

But for the sake of completion, they will remain here:

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
    - During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow ;)

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled Ë¢»ú¾«Áé in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?4243-root-after-upgrade-to-4-1-1&p=12972&viewfull=1#post12972
    i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
    well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....
    hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks ;)

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

Thank you sir, gonna try this late.
    (sorry for the OT ;) )

Yup i did.. Sry for the german parts but it should be okay and is Wirkung for a short time..