Need Help.

Search This thread

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
My sony xperia z will not power on anymore. If i connect it to a charger, it shows the sony logo and keeps restarting. When i connect it to my computer not much happens. SUS can detect it and i tried updating it, it downloads and installs and tells me to restart my phone but still nothing happens and the same thing as before happens when i connect it with a charger.Sony PC Companion app does not detect the phone.
So i tried flashing with xperia flasher and i downloaded a 4.3 stock rom, flashed it but then at the end it says usb debugging mode must be enabled but i do not think its enabled, nor can i check since my phone does not power on.
Please Help!!!

Last edited:

gaza1994

Mar 20, 2013
Hawick
scottishbordersdesign.co.uk
My sony xperia z will not power on anymore. If i connect it to a charger, it shows the sony logo and keeps restarting. When i connect it to my computer not much happens. SUS can detect it and i tried updating it, it downloads and installs and tells me to restart my phone but still nothing happens and the same thing as before happens when i connect it with a charger.
So i tried flashing with xperia flasher and i downloaded a 4.3 stock rom, flashed it but then at the end it says usb debugging mode must be enabled but i do not think its enabled, nor can i check since my phone does not power on.
Please Help!!!

Hi, was it a stock rom on it before this issue occured?

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
Did you try to hard reset it? Try to press power and vol up.
What to you mean with xperia flasher? Download a .ftf file and use flashtool

sorry meant FlashTool. i did flash and it completed it successfully but when i tried powering on, nothing happend. so i connected to charger and the sony logo loop restart happen again. it said at the end of flashing that usb debugging must be enabled so i think that may be the problem why it did not work.
I have tried hard reset. It vibrates once, pauses and then vibrates 3 times and then nothing.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
sorry meant FlashTool. i did flash and it completed it successfully but when i tried powering on, nothing happend. so i connected to charger and the sony logo loop restart happen again. it said at the end of flashing that usb debugging must be enabled so i think that may be the problem why it did not work.
I have tried hard reset. It vibrates once, pauses and then vibrates 3 times and then nothing.

What if you open pcc, select repair phone and follow the steps on screen? (your phone has to be powered off)

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Thanks for the reply but as stated earlier in my first post, i said that pc companion does not detect my phone.

I know, but I wasn't sure if you tried it with the repair method. If you just plug your phone in to the pc, it won't recognize it. But when you use the repair method, pcc tells you to power off the phone, and bring it into flashmode

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
When I open up pcc and select "Support Zone" - "phone / tablet software update" - "repair phone" it'll ask what phone you have, then you select it, it will download the firmware and ask you to power off the phone and plug it in while holding vol up

Sorry my bad. You were right.
However i don't think i had a repair option. It is currently downloading a firmware i think.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks a lot.

HPTL7

Apr 5, 2014
It did not work.
How do i try that repair thing you mentioned?

nvm, found out how to do it. Completed it but it still does not work.
Is it cause i need at least 50% battery? If so, is there any way of doing so? because if i connect to wall charger it does the sony logo restart loop and when i connect to pc it goes in mtp mode.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
nvm, found out how to do it. Completed it but it still does not work.
Is it cause i need at least 50% battery? If so, is there any way of doing so? because if i connect to wall charger it does the sony logo restart loop and when i connect to pc it goes in mtp mode.

I don't think it's because of your battery level..... I'm sorry, but I can't help you on that....
I think you have to send it to sony for repair. As long as you haven't modified anything on your phone they should repair it

Edit: Before you send it to sony, try their chat, sometimes they can help

pjgowtham

Apr 25, 2011
Your bootloader is unlocked? And have you tried flashing ftf using flashtool?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk