Flash firmware another model

Search This thread

breni

May 25, 2014
Hello,
I bought a T-Mobile Galaxy S5 SM-G900T recently and want to know if is it possible to flash a stock firmware of another model to my cellphone?
For example, if I flash the firmware built for SM-G900M to my phone, can it cause any damage?
Thank you very much!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage
I have a Sm-g900t and this is a screen shot of my phone info.... Is my phone running a 900m firmware because my carrier sells the 900T but we do not have T-Mobile here in Alaska

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1404028801627.jpg
    1404028801627.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 80

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
I have a Sm-g900t and this is a screen shot of my phone info.... Is my phone running a 900m firmware because my carrier sells the 900T but we do not have T-Mobile here in Alaska

To get more info of the device, try this app: Phone INFO ★Samsung★

Reactions: Kjc99

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage

I've used it... Appears my phone came from my carrier with 900M rom, and tmo baseband... So is it possible to flash 900M rom through Odin? On a 900t?also csc says TTT which is Trinidad.... I tried stock tmo version on my phone and wasn't very happy with white dialer and Hotspot issues

Reactions: vndnguyen

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Appears my phone came from my carrier with 900M rom, and tmo baseband... So is it possible to flash 900M rom through Odin? On a 900t?also csc says TTT which is Trinidad....

You asked all of these questions in a previous thread Kjc99. And I answered them at length. But you seem intent on ignoring the parts that you didn't want to accept.

Your 900T will work fine on another carrier if it uses the same frequency bands. You won't install a baseband from a 900M. You can change a ROM if you wish. And you won't get a TMB OTA with a Trinidad CSC and no OTA signal.

It's your phone, so have at it. But if you still intend to try flashing a 900M bootloader onto your 900T, you will just brick it.

Reactions: Kjc99 and vndnguyen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Appears my phone came from my carrier with 900M rom, and tmo baseband... So is it possible to flash 900M rom through Odin? On a 900t?also csc says TTT which is Trinidad....

You asked all of these questions in a previous thread Kjc99. And I answered them at length. But you seem intent on ignoring the parts that you didn't want to accept.

Your 900T will work fine on another carrier if it uses the same frequency bands. You won't install a baseband from a 900M. You can change a ROM if you wish. And you won't get a TMB OTA with a Trinidad CSC and no OTA signal.

It's your phone, so have at it. But if you still intend to try flashing a 900M bootloader onto your 900T, you will just brick it.

I've used it... Appears my phone came from my carrier with 900M rom, and tmo baseband... So is it possible to flash 900M rom through Odin? On a 900t?also csc says TTT which is Trinidad.... I tried stock tmo version on my phone and wasn't very happy with white dialer and Hotspot issues