Toughest case?

Search This thread

ccamfield

Jul 23, 2012
Hey all,

I just ordered a Compact and am looking forward to it a lot (my current phone is a Samsung Galaxy 4G so this is going to be a huge huge upgrade).

I've had an OtterBox case on my Galaxy but OtterBox doesn't make Sony cases. Can any of you recommend a really really tough case for the Compact? To me, looks are far less important than making sure the case doesn't get broken.

necr0manser

May 11, 2014
Edmonton
I've also been looking for the most protective case which would look and _protect_ like the otterbox or griffin cases. The most closest thing i found was the case-mate tough case. There are some pics somewhere in this forum, just google it.

Reactions: ccamfield

komedol

Jun 15, 2011
I can think of a few:
1. Incipio DualPro
2. Case-Mate Tough/Tough Naked
3. Elecom Heavy Duty Zero Shock
4. Ringke Fusion

But not sure whether these cases have opening for the magnetic port.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccamfield

ccamfield

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks! That gives me a good start. :)

I've decided on the Case-Mate (not through a very scientific process, just that it's available and looks like similar construction to the Otterbox). One thing to note (for anyone viewing this thread later) is that apparently it does NOT have an opening for the magnetic charging port.

Last edited:

veimus

This is my case-mate
Few days ago i got CASE-MATE BLACK TOUGH HARD CASE from eBay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/201059557589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
case is very good, only i had to cut hole for magnetic charging port :) the case is really worth its price, fits perfectly

CM-TOUGH-XPERIAZ1-BLK-3.jpg

veimus

How did you managed to cut out the dock connector like that?
I've also thought about that, but last time I tried to modify a Case Mate tough case on my Galaxy I9100 it wasn't that smooth like yours.
What kind of knife or device did you used for it?

i use my steady hand and this kind of knife :laugh:
nozyk-do-tapet-maly-mf1135.jpg

HyperMalac

Jan 2, 2006
Budapest

Yep just what I thought :D (I modded my I9100 case with this kind of knife too)

So I need to be more careful to make it smooth like yours.

I will buy the phone this week, and will get the case shipment about next week. After moddig I will post some pics about it :)

HyperMalac

Jan 2, 2006
Budapest
start cut from inside like in this pic :D start cutting at the fold edge, its help, Cut slowly and several times slide your knife across the cut line.

the red line is NOT a line of cutting its shows only the edge on which I cut.

I see now thanks.
Well the inner side will be the easier one as it's more rubberish. I think I will spend more time on the outer side to make it nice.
Is there any way or trick to make the hole measuring easier or you just simple marked it somehow ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you managed to cut out the dock connector like that?
    I've also thought about that, but last time I tried to modify a Case Mate tough case on my Galaxy I9100 it wasn't that smooth like yours.
    What kind of knife or device did you used for it?

I've also been looking for the most protective case which would look and _protect_ like the otterbox or griffin cases. The most closest thing i found was the case-mate tough case. There are some pics somewhere in this forum, just google it.
    I can think of a few:
    1. Incipio DualPro
    2. Case-Mate Tough/Tough Naked
    3. Elecom Heavy Duty Zero Shock
    4. Ringke Fusion

But not sure whether these cases have opening for the magnetic port.
    btw i started cut my case from inside :)
    start cut from inside like in this pic :D start cutting at the fold edge, its help, Cut slowly and several times slide your knife across the cut line.

the red line is NOT a line of cutting its shows only the edge on which I cut.