AOKP or CM9

• AOKP

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • CM9

Votes: 56 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Apr 28, 2012
I used both roms. But Some apps with full graphic ui such as games and the app Dungeon Mapp stopped working. It seems to be part of the touch screen issue. I really loved both roms, but some of the apps that have issues are mandatory for me.
I like 4.X so much better than 3.2 - even with overome, because I dislike samsungs UI-style. Why can't they afford some real designers or just make it black and cool like the original 3.1 HC?

cashng

Jul 24, 2011
Singapore
I am using Aokp build 35 for my 10.1 3g, initially was trying to get cm9 into my tab, but keep having error, so i tried cm9 kang wifi rom on my tab, find it quite smooth and nice, overcome too, but i dont really like HC, so I go back to aokp. I have my all my other devices flashed aokp as well, quite good and addicted to ICS! ATM I still can bear with no camera, so no pain for me!

Cheers!

SgtMacabre

Apr 27, 2012
New York City
I am using Aokp build 35 for my 10.1 3g, initially was trying to get cm9 into my tab, but keep having error, so i tried cm9 kang wifi rom on my tab, find it quite smooth and nice, overcome too, but i dont really like HC, so I go back to aokp. I have my all my other devices flashed aokp as well, quite good and addicted to ICS! ATM I still can bear with no camera, so no pain for me!

Cheers!

Was your error a bootloop?? You have to fully wipe when coming from stock and its a very good idea to fully wipe when coming from anything else as well

willingtan

Aug 28, 2010
* CM9

Hi Guys! I tried to install the nightly ROM's. Didn't work. It got stuck at Boot Animation (left it there the whole night). Then I tried CM9. And just got it to work. Anyone know how to install the nightly ROM's? Thanks!

cashng

Jul 24, 2011
Singapore
Was your error a bootloop?? You have to fully wipe when coming from stock and its a very good idea to fully wipe when coming from anything else as well

nope, its nope the bootloop, i have fully wipe everything, and when i tried to flash cm9 to my p4, its comes out an error saying error something "p4" cannot be installed.. something like that. So I just switch to AOKP since I have quite a good experience with my P1000 and T849. :D

@willingtan it should be the same way u flashed cm9

Last edited:

omayrzanata

May 15, 2012
CM9 vs AOKP

Im pretty new at Custom ROMs, ive been testing AOKP, but its not very smooth, crashes a lot, but it is highly custom, you can change almost everything...

CM9 is very very smooth, my battery is lasting much longer, but for me, is almost stock ics, very low custom stuff, cant change color, size, etc...

im currently using CM9, but ill keep trying AOKPs new builds, to see if gets smooth and stops crashing.

hodge24

Aug 21, 2011
I used AOKP up to build 37, but found that the touch screen would lock and become unresponsive a couple of times a day, forcing me to reset the tablet.

I recently changed to Pershoot's CM9 build (which is based on the CM9 nightly from 15th May), but the screen locks up with this build too.

I'm going to give AOKP Build 38 a shot later today, and see if it works out.

Other than the screen lock, I've found both to be equally good - although CM9 seems to be a little faster.

trackloading

Jun 13, 2012
Aarhus
Pres. dergea

In my experience the AOKP rom is a lot less stable than cm9, but much more configurable. I had this problem with aokp where the system UI would force close nonstop, which was unbelievably annoying, so I switched to cm9 and havent looked back.

This is my experience as well! To many bugs in AOKP, even though I like it better... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3976874
    I am going to install and try both but it would nice to know the feedback of other users. I don't get it why you get pissed off when asking about the camera, as if i insulted you or blamed u for not having the camera working. I will keep asking if the camera works although i never use it, and if you have a problem with that, ctrl+w or alt+f4, X in the top right, alt+left arrow, damn there's lots of alternative to leave this page.

So does the camera work? Does the camera work? Does the camera work?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    The reason he got pissed is because that question is asked over and over again. A simple search of these forums would have answered that question about the camera.
    I started with the AOKP ROM since I really liked its speed and features on my Galaxy Nexus. However, I noticed quickly that it wasn't too much snappier than stock. So yesterday I switched to CM9 and I have noticed that CM9 it's noticeably snappier all around.

I'll be sticking with this.
    In my experience the AOKP rom is a lot less stable than cm9, but much more configurable. I had this problem with aokp where the system UI would force close nonstop, which was unbelievably annoying, so I switched to cm9 and havent looked back.
    I just installed the AOKP ROM on my GT wifi last night, so far it is pretty good but I have not had it on there that long. I love having the chrome browser (or the ICS version of chrome) so I now have my bookmarks from my desktop.

Some of the popup windows when you install items are not that nice looking or smooth. Not all of my apps are showing up in the market and thats the other thing, my market is still market and not Play. I flashed the gapps 4.0.4 that was linked in the CM9 ICS wifi thread so not sure why it is still showing the old market.

I am getting used to ICS, many things seem very nice and smooth and some things not so nice looking and smooth.