JB 4.2 Camera on One X

Search This thread

AuxLV

Apr 30, 2009
Riga
For people with photo sphere FC its probably became of our ram and dalvik cm heapsize. The nexus 4 has a heapsize of 512m and 2GB ram, maybe it requires a lot of ram to use photosphere, I would wait for another source from another phone.

It definitely has nothing to do with heap size since native library is failing. And native libs know nothing about Java heap size and do not care about it - they eat as much RAM as they need when they need.

jeyml

Apr 20, 2012
Constanta
Ok,probably a dumb question,i am not an expert,but if i download and install this camera app,will it replace my original camera app that i have?I mean,i want to download it and try it,but if it doesn't work can i just uninstall it (in this process my original camera app remains untouched)?

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
Ok,probably a dumb question,i am not an expert,but if i download and install this camera app,will it replace my original camera app that i have?I mean,i want to download it and try it,but if it doesn't work can i just uninstall it (in this process my original camera app remains untouched)?

Nop you ll have 2 camera app

Envoyé depuis mon EndeavorU avec Tapatalk

jeyml

Apr 20, 2012
Constanta
Yeah,same problem here,after 4-5 shots it autocloses...

EDIT.

Ok,i don't know if this helps guys but i've been playing with the Permision settings on root explorer.Before i set any permission i can only took 4 shots before camera crashes.So i tought maybe the camera can't save the pictures right?So i gave permisions to the new gallery aswell.I've gave the camera app and the gallery app 666 and checked SET UID and SET GID.After i've done this i can take 8 shots now before the app crashes.Maybe somebody more experienced could figure this out.

Running on stock rom.

EDIT 2:

After playing some more with the permissions i've given the gallery and the camera app 644 permisions and only sticky and now i can take 11 shots before camera crashes.So there is a permision problem somewhere.The other thing that i've noticed is that even if the camera app takes 11 shots,those shots don't apear on the gallery app.So probably a write error somewhere over there to?

Last edited:

H-Streety

Apr 10, 2010
Thanks, I tried it but it still doesn't work for me. It just closes straight after I line up the first dot.
I changed the permissions from rw-r-r to rw-rw-rw on both of them.

jed27.galvez

Jun 9, 2012
Running maXimus v5 and everything works perfect. After flashing, I got a new camera app and a new gallery app. Opened photosphere and snapped my whole living room without difficulties. Photo was saved on sdcard/DCIM/Camera, jpg format. Understandably, the image is flat when viewed on my desktop but viewing it on the gallery app that was installed with the jb 4.2 camera, it can be viewed with sphere scrolling. Need to note that my battery turned from 33 degree celsius to 45 after two minutes of using the camera!!

osJAm.jpg

ercliou

Mar 24, 2011
I was able to test it.
The app is pretty bad actually, I hope it's not the final build. :(
I tried for 15 min at a open place and couldn't make a sphere. I had problems with the app trying to lead me with the blue dot.
Sometimes the app tells me to take a picture where it shouldn't and it messes all up.. I mean, it tells me to follow a blue dot where the picture should actually be at 180 degrees away.

They should use magnetic field to get better accuracy when leading with the blue dot.

Bryski

Nov 30, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone on tgascoigne's AOSP ROM tried this yet or will it not work because of framework differences?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Urool

Aug 12, 2009
sooo.. probably this can help someone.. I am using AOKP, usually Photo Sphere crashes after taking the first picture. This time, I attached it to ADB and looked at LogCat. Funny fact, this time it didn't crash after the first photo but i can't take a second one, as the second point moves around pretty strangely.

Here is the LogCat, which i filtered to "NvOmxCamera" - Tag, which seems to be the camera app:

http://pastebin.com/1pa5WSfK

Would be really cool, if someone could fix it :)

Bryski

Nov 30, 2008
Newcastle
Crashes after 1 shot on tgascoigne's AOSP aswell.
Doesn't appear to save the picture either :/

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

corckie

Feb 26, 2009
Using with ARHD 13.0. No crashes yet. Made like 10 photospheres and they align very bad when things are close to camera - like indoors. Outdoors I had some problems until I calibrated my compass (what the hell? I thought it worked with gyroscope) and then it worked well. Still not perfect. I'll give it few more shots tomorrow...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

The JB 4.2 camera works on our One X tooo ..

Flash this from Recovery.. I have found that photosphere works perfectly :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1177609/camera42_patched_v2.zip

Credits to Android Police..

̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶h̶o̶t̶o̶S̶p̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶F̶C̶'̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶i̶ ̶a̶h̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶.̶p̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶g̶g̶e̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶:̶)̶

Updated with working PhotoSphere ..
    Seems to work fine on ARHD 12, had to modify the build prop, there is two entries for

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus

and one for
    ro.product.brand=google

reboot and it should work
    Photosphere working fine here.
    uploadfromtaptalk1351703105228.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X
    @shreeram which ROM are you using and have such a perfect result? :) It's not perfect even on nexus 4...
    If you want some extra quality try my media profiles config

http://db.tt/bOMcJefV

Place into system/etc folder then restart.

Gives file sizes between 3mb to 9mb depending on brightness.

Edit: replaced with a dropbox link instead.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium