Need advice. Sell current broken phone or replace screen?

Search This thread

SRCP

Oct 5, 2012
My GS4's screen cracked. Digitizer works. It seems like repairing just the glass is very difficult. You can lose touch or have all sorts of problem. Super cheap to repair but dangerous. So, should I just get the digitizer plus screen which is much easier to put on but costs 200 or sell the phone and pay about 200 more for a Nexus 5? Do you think I can get at least 150-200 for this phone? And where? I took really good care of it. Just one stupid fall from a short distance and it broke. My Inspire was so much tougher than this thing.

Iranai

Mar 24, 2012
My GS4's screen cracked. Digitizer works. It seems like repairing just the glass is very difficult. You can lose touch or have all sorts of problem. Super cheap to repair but dangerous. So, should I just get the digitizer plus screen which is much easier to put on but costs 200 or sell the phone and pay about 200 more for a Nexus 5? Do you think I can get at least 150-200 for this phone? And where? I took really good care of it. Just one stupid fall from a short distance and it broke. My Inspire was so much tougher than this thing.

According to this people are selling for $100-250: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...axy+s+4+cracked&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Keep in mind that the Nexus five does not use Touch Wiz, so be sure you like the interface and such on it. I have not played around with even the nexus 4, so I cannot make a reccomendation on wiether to swap or not.