[Completed] Samsung Galaxy S5 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gonzalotenorio

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I have a problem with my S5 and I was wondering if I could find any help in this forum. Excuse me for my English and if I am not posting in the correct section, is my first time in the forum.

I live in Lima, Peru and I recently bought an Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 model G900W8 from GSM Nation in the USA.
I choose this version of the S5 since it was unlocked for the bands in which my operator (Claro) works here in Peru (2G: 1900Mhz, 3G:850Mhz and 4G: 1900Mhz (Band 2)).
When the phone arrived, I just changed my microSIM card from my old phone to the S5 and it worked without any problem, I was able to make calls and navigate normally. But since my plan was only a 3G plan (since my old phone didn't support 4G) I decided to upgrade to a 4G plan. I went to make the change and my carrier informed I also needed a new microSIM to use a 4G plan, and I did so. But when I plugged in the new microSIM the phone it doesn't work. It shows the message "Emergency calls only" and when I try to call it shows "Not registered on network". I called my carrier for support and they said they have already made the change and activated the new microSIM and that they can't give me any further support since they only sell the Galaxy S5 G900M with their plans.
I don't know what is causing this problem, but I think it must be something related to my carrier that is blocking my phone to access their network but only with the 4G plan and microSIM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Darth

Hi there!

If I had to guess, I'd say its 1 of 3 things,

1. An account problem with your carrier.

2. Your APN setting for the new 4g network are not right or missing. You'd have to find out from your carrier what they should be.

3. Simply a bad sim card.

All of those need to be discussed with your carrier though.

However, feel free to ask in the S5 Questions and Answers section. Perhaps someone there can offer other ideas.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/help

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.