Advanced ROM porting.

Search This thread

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
Ok lets say that i want to port a rom from a totally different phone like a xperia phone to galaxy s3. If i want to port the hard way like comparing both the framework files and each other files and decompile them and add the files that are in the sony files to the galaxy like things like the sony folders inside the framework-res and the framework.jar will this in theory work?

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
Ok lets say that i want to port a rom from a totally different phone like a xperia phone to galaxy s3. If i want to port the hard way like comparing both the framework files and each other files and decompile them and add the files that are in the sony files to the galaxy like things like the sony folders inside the framework-res and the framework.jar will this in theory work?
If you are trying to put a stock sony rom on a samsung no. If you just want applications from the sony software just get the apk files from system/app or system/priv-app folder, move em to your rom or phone. Some will work, but a few might not. Just if you are putting them on a working phone then copy the apk files to the appropriate folder and wipe cache+dalvik cache and reboot. Wiping will fix some errors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
It's that because of the kernel sources maybe? I'm trying to figure out how or why not a android application or resource is tied to a device aka why is a Samsung app tied to touchwiz?

Sent from my SPH-L710

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are trying to put a stock sony rom on a samsung no. If you just want applications from the sony software just get the apk files from system/app or system/priv-app folder, move em to your rom or phone. Some will work, but a few might not. Just if you are putting them on a working phone then copy the apk files to the appropriate folder and wipe cache+dalvik cache and reboot. Wiping will fix some errors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app