1% battery mod project

Search This thread

Bandage

Nov 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Well test one...took the smali edits made for the atrix and threw those in and it made the status bar disappear lol. So not that easy...

Will update as progress develops

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

HA! I did similar...I'm trying to get us the HTC Sense 3.0 notification bar. Uninstalled the Photon SystemUI.apk (yeah...oops!). Lost my notification bar totally. Good times. All is back to normal now tho!

Gonna keep trying my project too...love the toggles in the HTC bar.

ZiggSVO

HA! I did similar...I'm trying to get us the HTC Sense 3.0 notification bar. Uninstalled the Photon SystemUI.apk (yeah...oops!). Lost my notification bar totally. Good times. All is back to normal now tho!

Gonna keep trying my project too...love the toggles in the HTC bar.

Yea i decompiled our values/public xml added a bunch of lines for the new battery images and cant get it to recompile lol. I love the touchwiz pulldown...maybe i should hit up dreams and see how hard it would be to make them for a non touchwiz phone lol. He buolt them for the nexus lol.
But yea i need to see if i can get the xml to recompile. Already edited the services.jar file to add the battery smali needed for the mod to work on the atrix. After that tried the xml editing and cant get it to recompile lol.

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
Should holla at madd about this...sure theres a much easier method

dschachm

Sep 24, 2008
Guys, just so you know, i loaded this the new homebase rom with update, and it has the battery percentage as 1% thank god!!!

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
Making an attempt...

I'm still a noob so pardon me if i'm not really adding anything here. I'm going to try to make the mod. So far I've:

1) Downloaded apktool
2) Decompiled the framework-res.apk file
3) Went into stats_sys_battery.xml and added the lines for each percentage

...LOL that's where I'm at and this'll take a while...so sorry if I'm taking a long time with this...I also just saw that last post about having the 1% mod on the home based rom...****! LOL! Well, if anyone's interested, I'll still give it a shot...hopefully i don't brick my phone.

4) Went into UOT Kitchen and downloaded some battery icons (now i have all charging/status icons...I didn't want to make it myself)
5) Wondering if I replace stats_sys_battery.xml with my modded one, recompile, that it would work?

Last edited:

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.

KSmithInNY

Mar 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.

You probably need to update your apktool. I believe ICS support was added back in December.

http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/Changelog#1.4.3

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont

Toney Starks

Dec 20, 2010

what about stock?

im rooted but still rolling with stock for now, mainly cuz i need 4g

KSmithInNY

Mar 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I was on 1.4.3 when i tried it, but maybe I'm just messing up somewhere with it. I installed framework-res.apk, systemui.apk's and decompiled the System apk just fine, made my edits, but when I built it, a **** ton of errors popped up.

To see if its your environment or your edits, decompile and don't make any changes then recompile. Depending on the results you'll have your answer.

Top Liked Posts