HTC one x at&t and google wallet

Search This thread

lt54stud

Jul 30, 2012
Drives me crazy that AT&T chooses to block the application, even if they are developing a competing product. Competition makes everyone better.

Sent from my Clean One X using xda app-developers app

lurchmat

Aug 1, 2012
Ashburn
Agreed. Greedy.

Ive been holding off on updating to 2.20 so i can keep my root and hopefully figure out a way to get this to work. (just stuck on the "release-keys" error)

Im about to give up and just update my HOX.

Ive been keeping an eye on this isis crap (that what it is) and they really haven't said much about it. Im just tired of waiting to catch up to the rest of the world.

jcjcc

Sep 13, 2010
Tried build.prop edit to
ro.product.model=htc_jewel
ro.product.name=htc_jewel
ro.product.device=htc_jewel

Jewel is the Evo 4G LTE internal name.

Market version of Wallet doesn't start, unsupported device or carrier. Patched version from Modaco starts but gives the release-keys error everyone's been getting.

Maybe try changing the carrier name in build.prop to Sprint or something. Otherwise, the reason is probably that the NFC libs in our One X roms weren't compiled to support Wallet (try copying them over from the Evo?)

edit: got past release-keys error but
D/NFC JNI ( 786): phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList()
D/NFC-HCI ( 786): HTC: phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList
D/NFC JNI ( 786):
D/NFC JNI ( 786): > Number of Secure Element(s) : 0

in order to get past "phLibNfc_SE_GetSecureElementList(): No SMX detected" we need secure element support in our nfc libs, either recompile nfc libs with SmartMX support or try copying from EVO 4G LTE (which didn't work according to this thread)

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The network agreements aren't for data. As mentioned above, Wallet does not need a data connection to make payments.

Google bends over for networks in America because they are the main distribution channel over there. These networks have their own NFC payment services being developed, so they don't want Google eating into their potential profits. Google always obeys because, unlike Apple, they don't have bargaining power. Google needs the networks to get their phones into as many hands as possible. The networks don't necessarily need Google.

This is part of the reason why Google are further exploring the option of selling their devices directly to consumers.

I highly doubt Google bargaining power is lower than Apple's. Google controls Android and without Android the networks will have to eat Apple's **** all the time.
If you could not tightly integrate your phone with gapps would you touch it? I certainly would not. For some reason they have chosen to be accommodating, we can only guess why. With the current arrangements you can use Google voice over an edge network in the middle of nowhere to call anywhere in the world. Try doing that with Skype.

Same reason Google Voice app still uses your cell voice minutes instead of VoIP. Google is not going to piss off carriers.

I would not be so sure. Most users have a lot more excess cell minutes than data. For the little while that I tried an iThingie I had to disable I message iMessage because it was eating up bandwidth for picture messages. Plus, cell coverage is A LOT more robust and widespread than 3g coverage that would be required for VoIP

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2009
@KitF
I've been trying this, but to no avail. It gets you a step past the keys error, but hangs at "Activating your device..." I've also tried using the evos build prop, which didn't change anything.

Last edited:

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
You guys can get wallet to work by editing your build.prop to match sprint evo 4g lte. We even got it working on verizon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

I had this working on some diff. Devices a while back, now that I have a hox again, this I can't get it working in......replacing the lib files from the evo lte causes it to freeze on boot so that won't work......as said above we need to rebuild our own .so files for secure element........

Sent from my HTC One X+ p_type 0.91.0

jamez.r01

Oct 8, 2012
HTC One XL

Google checkout was renamed to wallet so that their entire billing/checkout system is under a new umbrella, it has nothing to do with why this is not working on our phones. The Google Wallet application needs our NFC secure element keys, it's a security measure since credit card details are stored on the secure element.

I don't understand why this app isn't available on the HTC One XL (Australia) as it is NFC capable and has the option to enable along with beam in settings...

Yet when I try to download it from the Play store, I get a message saying that it is incompatible with my device??

Do you know if there is any way this app can work on the One XL or if it will in the future?

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
I don't understand why this app isn't available on the HTC One XL (Australia) as it is NFC capable and has the option to enable along with beam in settings...

Yet when I try to download it from the Play store, I get a message saying that it is incompatible with my device??

Do you know if there is any way this app can work on the One XL or if it will in the future?

Hopefully someone is still monitoring this thread.

I recently got an AT&T One X, I'm using it with Straight Talk though, the phone is also SIM unlocked. I installed a rooted version of the new JB Sense ROM for the phone, and have tried getting GW to work using the patched APK's and by editing the build.prop file, and still get the secure element error. I tried running a CM 10.1 nightly on the phone already, but it was the most unstable CM I've ever used, so went back to Sense for now.

My question is though, will GW work without any problem if I'm running CM 10.x? Is it only crippled on official software? If it will work on CM, I may tried CM 10 instead of 10.1.

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
My question is though, will GW work without any problem if I'm running CM 10.x? Is it only crippled on official software? If it will work on CM, I may tried CM 10 instead of 10.1.

no apk, ROM, or prop editing will get it going currently. It's going to take some work. H8rift (our cm maintainer) said he'll try it eventually but with cm10.1 and h8 working on a major kernel upgrade it could be awhile.

There's hope, just no timetable.

Reactions: garfnodie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All this and it doesn't work and you still didn't try it so you wouldn't know. This thread is hysterical. :D

Alright I tried it. It doesn't work. But that isn't the point. When the bickering started it was all triggered by your "Brilliant Rolleyes" comment preceded by your "You didn't even try it but post like you know it works." Well two things 1) I didn't post like I know it works ...I only referred people to have a look and I said that it "seems" like it works. That is a disclaimer!!! So no I didn't post like I know it works. 2) Secondly your "Brilliant Rolleyes" is rude

So I was wrong in my later comments but that was not my initial stand on the matter. but you were rude which is worse. So so is everyone else that contributed instead of being a little more pleasant.

Maybe we can all get along now and everyone should reflect and realize that if you attack someone that the initial reaction is to attack back....even if they are misguided. That is not a good way to behave....on both sides.
    Have a pending FCC complaint for anti competition relating to forced use on consumer. My example is windows bundled with IE and only recently providing browser choice. They called today and said they are investigating.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Paul O'Brien got it working for all versions of the HOX:
    https://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/207467919590957056

He said he should be able to upload the .apk tomorrow! Can't wait :)
    The FCC sued Verizon for blocking tethering applications on the play store. Hopefully they will step in on the wallet issue too.
    I don't think you know how to read, there are multiple posts in that thread (including my own) stating that it doesn't work.