[ROM][UNIFIED_MOTO_MSM8960]unofficial aospa paranoidandroid 4.2 [beta2]

Search This thread

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
@CWGSM3VO did you use the gapps from the OP or just download the modular gapps from Paranoid OTA itself. And do a clean flash. And like the other user once booted up to set up screen simply wait 5mins or so until data connects

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried the GApps from the OP as well as different GApps from the PAGapps thread (tried mini, full and stock), all do the same thing. OTA showed I had the latest PAGapps as well.

I had this problem with CM11 as well, the only one that seems to work for me is Banks GApps (Core+AOSP Calendar addon) but even that's giving intermittent FC's for TTS in Navigation on this ROM (in CM11, it works flawlessly).

I'll play with it some more, not quite ready to throw in the towel just yet. I should note everything else works fine. I always do a clean flash (wipe) when switching ROM except for my internal SD (but I do wipe user data/factory reset).

Last edited:

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Try downloading again but to your sd card. And i also had this issue with other rom until i used slims AIO gapps. But it seem alot of user go through this issues at some point

Last edited:

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
Try downloading again but to your sd card. And i also had this issue with other rom until i used slims AIO gapps. But it seem alot of user go through this issues at some point

They are downloaded to my SD, I install it from Recovery as I usually do. So far, I've done another clean install using Banks Gapps mentioned earlier and it seems to be holding just fine (no TTS FC) but I'll keep playing with it.

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Hope you don't run into FC again and does data works for you ?

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
Hope you don't run into FC again and does data works for you ?

Data works fine (wifi & radio), see screenshot. I'm still playing with TTS, it seems sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Trying to logcat it to see if I can catch why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-28-10-37-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-10-37-30.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 180

animez

Mar 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Google Pixel 6
Installed this last night with no problems on xt926 using gapps linked to in OP. Although the data connection works fine the phone always says "No Service" in notifications panel and I cannot make or receive phone calls. If I try to make one I get "Mobile network not available" as soon as I hit send.

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Installed this last night with no problems on xt926 using gapps linked to in OP. Although the data connection works fine the phone always says "No Service" in notifications panel and I cannot make or receive phone calls. If I try to make one I get "Mobile network not available" as soon as I hit send.

have you tried changing settings in prefered network

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
I get nothing on 3G or 2G, switching back to LTE gets the data connection back but nothing else. Noticed text doesn't work either. Wiped cache and dalvik , made no difference.

have you tried CDMA+LTE/EvoDo or any other CDMA setting i am sorry i dont have an xt926 so i dont exactly know which setting are usally used but play around with them setting and make phone calls when u switch settings. under Settings then more and go into mobile networks and preferred network type. also there is few CDMA setting you should try out.

sunkim50

Aug 4, 2010
I get nothing on 3G or 2G, switching back to LTE gets the data connection back but nothing else. Noticed text doesn't work either. Wiped cache and dalvik , made no difference.

If you are on Verizon, do not update your PRL by dialing*22890. Doing this killed my 4G and I could only get 4G when I selected LTE only but lost voice and evdo service like you had described.

You might wanna try *#*#4636#*#* and under phone information make sure you have the right network type.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
If you are on Verizon, do not update your PRL by dialing*22890. Doing this killed my 4G and I could only get 4G when I selected LTE only but lost voice and evdo service like you had described.

You might wanna try *#*#4636#*#* and under phone information make sure you have the right network type.

So by doing *#*#4636#*#* did you got data and voice working ?

sunkim50

Aug 4, 2010
So by doing *#*#4636#*#* did you got data and voice working ?

After I did *22890 and mistakenly updated my PRL, I actually had to get a new sim card from the store. I was saying to try the service code just to verify the settings. I was able to get 3G and voice but no 4G after the PRL update.

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Oh i understand you now. You have a xt926 right? And what network setting you usually use?

animez

Mar 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Google Pixel 6
have you tried CDMA+LTE/EvoDo or any other CDMA setting i am sorry i dont have an xt926 so i dont exactly know which setting are usally used but play around with them setting and make phone calls when u switch settings. under Settings then more and go into mobile networks and preferred network type. also there is few CDMA setting you should try out.

The options under "Preferred network type" are LTE, 3g & 2g, which tells me something is missing, there should be a lot more options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Yeah, I know better than to do the old school programming. If I go back to this rom I will try the phone info though, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Please post a logcat or a screenshot of all the preferred networks type because in my device i got all of them i am using Global

GRIDSpawn

Dec 20, 2010
HTC One (M8)
OnePlus 7 Pro
I installed a cm11 unified like this rom and i have the same problem with the signal i have only 2g and no 3g or 4g
Is a xt925

Sent from my RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

localceleb

Jul 11, 2009
Birmingham
Well after a days use, I have got to say, this is ridiculously stable. No signal issues or anything. Will be nice once paranoid settings start getting implemented.

CWGSM3VO

Jan 4, 2012
Been running the build since first posting here and I have to say this ROM is super battery friendly, even better than CM11 on my phone (disclaimer here) and managed to sort out GApps issue with fresh install and 12-14/16 Banks GApps core + AOSP calendar addon, no more FC's in TTS during navigation and allow Play Store to update as normal.

I did get bit over the weekend by a NFC "issue" in that I put my phone on top of my wife's wallet this weekend and left it there (visting family) and I guess it picked up one of her cards. I've been able to get NFC to do this under various circumstances (google around, it's actually pretty common it seems) in the past and had forgotten about. Reboot is necessary to clear it and is not unique to this ROM.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with this ROM. Even logcat noise is much nicer to look at due to proper integration in the build.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Also, with regards to LTE discussion... I left my phone on the stock settings (Global) and verified my APN has the LTE Rogers APN settings, didn't have to do anything more. I'm hitting 40Mbps down with Speedtest when I'm in a city and about half to a third of it when in rural areas (travelling this weekend, had an opportunity to monitor while driving...)

Top Liked Posts