[Q] Do I have a bad screen or could it be some other problem?

Search This thread

brentonbrenton

Aug 29, 2014
I just replaced the screen assembly on a Nexus 5 (had been dropped). However, the screen doesn't work at all. No backlight, no image. The rest of the phone works fine though. It boots up, vibrates, blinks, makes different notifications, even communicates with a computer.

Is this definitely a bad screen, or could it be something else? Nothing else looks damaged on the phone that I noticed while taking it apart. The broken screen also didn't work--I just assumed it had broken it's digitizer in the drop.

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I just replaced the screen assembly on a Nexus 5 (had been dropped). However, the screen doesn't work at all. No backlight, no image. The rest of the phone works fine though. It boots up, vibrates, blinks, makes different notifications, even communicates with a computer.

Is this definitely a bad screen, or could it be something else? Nothing else looks damaged on the phone that I noticed while taking it apart. The broken screen also didn't work--I just assumed it had broken it's digitizer in the drop.

I would check all the connections inside. If those seem to be ok, then I'd take em all out and connect them again. If that doesn't work, I would go to a professional service for them to test the new screen, and even put it on for me.

Otherwise, you'd have to get a new screen.