[APP] USB Mass Storage App for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5617821

USB Mass Storage App for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Sometimes when we use a new custom rom, we might encounter a USB Mass Storage problem. As a result, the Mass Storage notification might not pop up and hence we can't access our SD Card. But fear not, for I have made a simple app to enable USB Mass Storage. Firstly, a rooted phone is a must. This app will not auto-start, so you'll have to start it whenever you want to enable USB Mass Storage. In this app, there are 2 buttons, Turn ON USB and Turn OFF USB. Always ensure that your USB cable is connected before clicking any of those buttons. Also it is always advisable to safely remove USB before clicking the Turn OFF USB button. I've personally tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Ace running AOSP Gingerbread for Cooper by @SpaceCaker and its working fine. If you come up with any problems, post it here. I'll be glad to help.

Note : I haven't tested this on any other device apart from my Samsung Galaxy Ace. You can always try it on any other device. If it does work on any other device, make sure to post your device in this thread ;)

P.S. Don't forget to hit the Thanks button for all my hardwork. Also if you want to share this app, please share a link to this thread.
:)

Attachments

• USBMassStorage.apk
    237.7 KB · Views: 2,717
  • SC20140606-125917.png
    SC20140606-125917.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 710
Last edited by a moderator:

beegeero

Feb 12, 2015
Thank you for your work.
I do not have this problem.
But it's good to know.

Downloaded.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    USB Mass Storage App for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Sometimes when we use a new custom rom, we might encounter a USB Mass Storage problem. As a result, the Mass Storage notification might not pop up and hence we can't access our SD Card. But fear not, for I have made a simple app to enable USB Mass Storage. Firstly, a rooted phone is a must. This app will not auto-start, so you'll have to start it whenever you want to enable USB Mass Storage. In this app, there are 2 buttons, Turn ON USB and Turn OFF USB. Always ensure that your USB cable is connected before clicking any of those buttons. Also it is always advisable to safely remove USB before clicking the Turn OFF USB button. I've personally tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Ace running AOSP Gingerbread for Cooper by @SpaceCaker and its working fine. If you come up with any problems, post it here. I'll be glad to help.

Note : I haven't tested this on any other device apart from my Samsung Galaxy Ace. You can always try it on any other device. If it does work on any other device, make sure to post your device in this thread ;)

P.S. Don't forget to hit the Thanks button for all my hardwork. Also if you want to share this app, please share a link to this thread.
    :)
    Gonna try

Sent from my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
    Been looking for something like this for a while.
    Thanks.