[Q] Might have soft bricked my phone...

Search This thread

LVMickey

Apr 12, 2012
Today I tried flashing CM 11 onto my S4. I have it rooted and I have safestrap loaded onto it. When I went into safestrap to flash it I also queued up GApps Aroma not realizing that it would run that before it would reboot for CM 11. Now my phone is stuck at the "Samsung GALAXY S4" screen and won't continue. When I connect it to my computer it makes a tone that registers it connecting but it doesn't show up in My Computer.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to unbrick or restore it to factory?

Thank you,
Mik

seedeh

Jan 28, 2014
Austin, TX
Down volume button + power button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Download stuffs from sammobile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Today I tried flashing CM 11 onto my S4. I have it rooted and I have safestrap loaded onto it. When I went into safestrap to flash it I also queued up GApps Aroma not realizing that it would run that before it would reboot for CM 11. Now my phone is stuck at the "Samsung GALAXY S4" screen and won't continue. When I connect it to my computer it makes a tone that registers it connecting but it doesn't show up in My Computer.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to unbrick or restore it to factory?

Thank you,
Mik

Cm will not work in ss. You'll have to use only tw based roms. What firmware are you on? There are tar files in the general forum for that firmware which you'll have to flash in Odin. Sammobile will not have those tar files for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5

LVMickey

Apr 12, 2012
Cm will not work in ss. You'll have to use only tw based roms. What firmware are you on? There are tar files in the general forum for that firmware which you'll have to flash in Odin. Sammobile will not have those tar files for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Alright done a bit of reading like you said but I still have a question. From what I read Gapps wont work with SS since it is CM based. But is there something similar to it that I can use to get rid of bloatware? Or do most of the ROMs not have that kind of stuff in them?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Alright done a bit of reading like you said but I still have a question. From what I read Gapps wont work with SS since it is CM based. But is there something similar to it that I can use to get rid of bloatware? Or do most of the ROMs not have that kind of stuff in them?

Most roms don't have all the bloat. Use titaniumbackup to freeze any bloat you don't want.

Sent from my Nexus 5