Search This thread

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
AutoRec
KitKat Recovery Installer

Info
Many people upgrade to KitKat and find it so annoying to look for a flashable zip file, or trying to downgrade the bootloader, flashing patched kernel,... in order to have a working system, custom recovery with KitKat. So we make this little app to do all the job for you automatically.

Process
Using this app means you'll downgrade your bootloader and flash a custom recovery (in this case, we used TWRP 2.7), fix download mode, also install patched kernel so you can boot back to your current system (stock LG KitKat ROM)

Guide
Upgrade to KitKat using KDZ / TOT / OTA method
Root your device (using ioroot25)
Install AutoRec (grant root permission)

*D801 must root before taking KitKat OTA

Downloads

Credits
TWRP Team
@djrbliss for the loki tool
@Savoca, @xdabbeb for the patched kernel
@autoprime for the ioroot
@kewkie for the splashscreen

Warning!!!
Modifying partitions is dangerous and we won't take any responsibility for possible damages you or the app may do to your system. Please use at your own risk.

Having white lines issue: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51974589&postcount=281

XDA:DevDB Information
AutoRec - KitKat Recovery Installer, a Tool/Utility for the LG G2

Contributors
Cloudyfa, bender_007

Version Information

Created 2014-04-13
Last Updated 2014-05-04

Last edited:

mKTank

Feb 7, 2011
Any possible support for D803? A few hours ago I was actually annoyed that I couldn't get recovery on my KitKat (rooted, stock) G2, then this thread popped up!

Reactions: pqee

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Sorry to ask, but I suppose to ignore warning from Lookout?

Also thanks :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

mKTank

Feb 7, 2011
Sure hope he's doing D803. Even if he doesn't though, mad props to him for giving us a solution that actually works! I just pretty much destroyed my recovery partition (issues with secure something or other) thanks to FreeGee. :/

iall5tar

Apr 1, 2011
WinCity
Glad to see how you Devs can handle it!

Congratz! =)

Keep your hard work! we really appreciate it!

Cheers!

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
Sure hope he's doing D803. Even if he doesn't though, mad props to him for giving us a solution that actually works! I just pretty much destroyed my recovery partition (issues with secure something or other) thanks to FreeGee. :/
We're downloading D803 kdz to extract needed part :)

Awesome! Great news:victory:

So does this finally allow a safe way to install TWRP to ls980 KK!?
Sure mate, LS980 tested. Use ZVC tot then root it with ioroot25. After that use AutoRec and you'll have TWRP 2.7 ready ;)

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
this support twrp only?.WHO can confirm it's working in D802. @Cloudyfa ,Can you make it support philz?

Can you guide ?How to fix download mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AutoRec
    KitKat Recovery Installer

Info
    Many people upgrade to KitKat and find it so annoying to look for a flashable zip file, or trying to downgrade the bootloader, flashing patched kernel,... in order to have a working system, custom recovery with KitKat. So we make this little app to do all the job for you automatically.

Process
    Using this app means you'll downgrade your bootloader and flash a custom recovery (in this case, we used TWRP 2.7), fix download mode, also install patched kernel so you can boot back to your current system (stock LG KitKat ROM)

Guide
    Upgrade to KitKat using KDZ / TOT / OTA method
    Root your device (using ioroot25)
    Install AutoRec (grant root permission)

*D801 must root before taking KitKat OTA

Downloads

Credits
    TWRP Team
    @djrbliss for the loki tool
    @Savoca, @xdabbeb for the patched kernel
    @autoprime for the ioroot
    @kewkie for the splashscreen

Warning!!!
    Modifying partitions is dangerous and we won't take any responsibility for possible damages you or the app may do to your system. Please use at your own risk.

Having white lines issue: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51974589&postcount=281

XDA:DevDB Information
    AutoRec - KitKat Recovery Installer, a Tool/Utility for the LG G2

Contributors
    Cloudyfa, bender_007

Version Information

Created 2014-04-13
    Last Updated 2014-05-04
    Enjoy recovery on your kitkat :) :good:
    For those having white lines issue when using patched kernel, download your kernel here and flash it via recovery:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14480

More info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52414185&postcount=122
    Perfect, now we have lost the only reason why I had not yet left this g2 ...
    I write here because the treads of Cloudy were closed ...
    Thank's @Cloudyfa for all the work you've done for us!

Cannot figure out how to fix the white lines :confused:

Tried flashing ZVC radio full to replace the kernel completely, then ROMs failed to flash. So I flashed ZVA, then ZVC, the KK ROMs flashed and it seemed well but the lines were still there. Has anyone figured out how to revert AutoRec? Its a great app but it seems like manually installing recovery prevents the lines

Edit: Just read @Cloudyfa 's other threads and I kind of feel like an ass. Thank you for all of your hard work on the G2 and thank you for keeping this thread open for us. Hopefully you see how many people appreciated your hard work & its sad that a few unappreciative people had to ruin that:(

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

It's Soo sad, that I bought this phone 2 months ago, and now best developers just disappear becsuse some users that don't understand how to behave... :( just used this app to install recovery. Works like a charm. Have first backup since instalation of KK on my otg flash drive. Big thanks man
    @Cloudyfa

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

A big hole is left in the android dev section after cloudyfa has left us..He was the big shining star for the g2 development.
    We have lost 3 amazing roms with a bright future, and a lot of other great stuffs like recovery installer for kitkat.
    What have we left now?

Hope people atleast those people behind cloudys leaving can learn from this!

Anyways, Thanks for all your hard work @Cloudyfa
    And I know that the g2 community have given you around 2k thanks for all you have done here, so we have appriciated you!

We all really like all roms developed by Cloudyfa, so I really wish @Cloudyfa could come back to us again in the near future!!
    And those who don't have Cloudyfa's permission, even you have credit to Cloudyfa, you should not take even one part as yours!!

It's terrible that it has to be this way, one person ruined it for all of us. I just downloaded Cloudy Pro 2, but I don't think I will flash it since it will no longer be supported. :( We need you back, @Cloudyfa!

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

OT:
    CloudyPro 2 is still a great rom. By downloading it and using it you still can tribute to the rom chef and maybe make him consider coming back to C- users :). You can imagine how time consuming is:

1. creating and modifying roms for differrent variants
    2. supporting different variants and bugfixing

OT:

I agree, and as soon as I have the time, I'll still flash it. It just sucks that people think they need to steal other people's work and now one of the best G2 devs has left us. Here's to hoping for the return of @Cloudyfa

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

OMG LET ME HAVE YOUR BABIES. YOU FREAKING GOD AMONG MEN. IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS. DAMN IT YOU MAKE ME HAPPY. BEST DAY EVER

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thnak you cloudyfa! excellent work!!! your the best! :laugh:
    Its people like you that make this site so special and helpful!
    thank you for your time and effort in making our phone even better!!!!
    :good:
    First, I wanna thank you for all the kind words I received last couple days. There're so many pm/comment/email cheering me up. And you know, it really encouraged me a lot when I see how pp love my work (even I think my contribution not that so great ;)).
    I just need time to relax, nothing more. Trust me, pp can make me upset, mad,... but never ever can beat me, or stop me doing what I want.

Anyway, I'm here. I really appreciate what you've done so far.
    Cloudy
    Well done, sir(s)!