[Theme] Themed status bar Sense 5.5 v4 without 3rd party apps

Search This thread

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
This is themed from the systemui of sense 5.5 v4 rom from SinisterTensai and Chubbzlou.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone in the process. Enjoy

So I just want to say that I have very little experience when it comes to editing files. But I have managed to start themeing my statusbar icons. It took many hours and he'll from some great people but I feel like I can continue to do it. These files are not mine I just edited them. If you would like me to edit yours let me know and please give specific details, color code, etc.

Thanks to @Sinistertensai for his guidance and the systemui.apk for sense 5.5 v4
Thanks to @Talon_dgrn8 for assistance and encouragement.
Thanks to @Vinchenzop for pointing me to which files I needed to edit.

Changed- Wi-Fi icon color, alarm icon color, signal bars color, custom battery charging animation, battery level colors Bluetooth icon color, Wi-Fi icon color eqs, Bluetooth icon color eqs, GPS icon, image icon color, image error icon color, mobile data icon eqs, airplane mode icon color eqs, settings icon color eqs.
Expecting to change- adb icon color, USB icon color, keyboard icon color, torch icon color eqs.

Downloads in post 2

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398045933630.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398045933630.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Link is now dead, I no longer have this device as my daily and currently work way too many hours to continue work on a device that I am not currently using, while also trying to work on stuff for my m8. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's not completely finished but if you would like it here you go. Just take the file, rename to systemui.apk, use root explorer, place in system/app, reboot phone, profit.

Last edited:

AarSyl

You're making more progress than I am! Lol.

Just a suggestion for the first post: post the rom version clearly, not just in your thanks. You forced me to read the entire OP to find it. That is what's supposed to happen, but we both know how that goes. Granted, I knew that it was Sense 5.5. just by looking at the font in the screenshot. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

I prefer tweaking over custom themes, and that will most likely be my first step.

Reactions: gstanke

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
So has anyone tried this? How did it work for you?

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
I'm not crazy about purple, lol, but if u have the green I'd be more than happy to test it ?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
I'll see what I can do. Since I posted this I got one of them job things :/ on average I'm working 60 hrs/week.

Sent from my jewel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I appreciate it, n no rush. I understand the job thing, I work 6-7 days a week and 8-11 hour shifts. Reality first lol.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
No doubt! Lol And with a small promotion coming soon, it's definitely been worth it

I wish I could get a promotion, but I've only been where I'm at for 2 months, and got hired as the assistant manager lol

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
I wish I could get a promotion, but I've only been where I'm at for 2 months, and got hired as the assistant manager lol

Not too shabby then lol. I've been here a little over 9 months, doing maintenance and laundry (motel job) but getting ready to be the relief manager. It's only one day a week, but it pays well. I'll still have my other duties as well the other days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is themed from the systemui of sense 5.5 v4 rom from SinisterTensai and Chubbzlou.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone in the process. Enjoy

So I just want to say that I have very little experience when it comes to editing files. But I have managed to start themeing my statusbar icons. It took many hours and he'll from some great people but I feel like I can continue to do it. These files are not mine I just edited them. If you would like me to edit yours let me know and please give specific details, color code, etc.

Thanks to @Sinistertensai for his guidance and the systemui.apk for sense 5.5 v4
    Thanks to @Talon_dgrn8 for assistance and encouragement.
    Thanks to @Vinchenzop for pointing me to which files I needed to edit.

Changed- Wi-Fi icon color, alarm icon color, signal bars color, custom battery charging animation, battery level colors Bluetooth icon color, Wi-Fi icon color eqs, Bluetooth icon color eqs, GPS icon, image icon color, image error icon color, mobile data icon eqs, airplane mode icon color eqs, settings icon color eqs.
    Expecting to change- adb icon color, USB icon color, keyboard icon color, torch icon color eqs.

Downloads in post 2

Link is now dead, I no longer have this device as my daily and currently work way too many hours to continue work on a device that I am not currently using, while also trying to work on stuff for my m8. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's not completely finished but if you would like it here you go. Just take the file, rename to systemui.apk, use root explorer, place in system/app, reboot phone, profit.

Looks good mate, glad that you made some progress on it. Also, nice taste on football teams (I live an hour north of Pittsburgh).
    Looks good mate, glad that you made some progress on it. Also, nice taste on football teams (I live an hour north of Pittsburgh).

Eagles fan here... Lol.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    You're making more progress than I am! Lol.

Just a suggestion for the first post: post the rom version clearly, not just in your thanks. You forced me to read the entire OP to find it. That is what's supposed to happen, but we both know how that goes. Granted, I knew that it was Sense 5.5. just by looking at the font in the screenshot. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

I prefer tweaking over custom themes, and that will most likely be my first step.