[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] AOKP KitKat

Search This thread

dgjenkins

Oct 27, 2011
Monroe
The problem is that we were due for a new nightly this weekend and it's awol? I guess that means it's human generated and not buildbot like CM.

Since 1/14, aokp has been very busy, they added back center clock, torch, ram bar, network stats in notification bar and a bunch of HTC one specific system code they forward ported from android 4.2.

gerrit.aokp.co

Can't wait to try out a new nightly with buckmarbles new aosp elite kernel.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Check out post 2 in this thread about cpu governor tweaks. I use the performance variant of conservative, set the suggested values in trickster mod app.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Or try flashing this new custom kernel for m7vzw, I've used the sense version of lunar kernel, which has smartmax cpu gov, so I'm assuming this one does too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yup. I've been running AOKP all weekend on the AOSP verison of Elite Lunar, using Smartmax. Nice and smooth with good battery life.

Reactions: brenuga

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Anyone know why AOKP doesn't seem to be updating its nightlies? I am seriously getting ready to make my own unofficial build if they don't update tomorrow. A ton of additions since 1/14, several of which apply specifically to HTC One!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2

Nov 21, 2012
Anyone know why AOKP doesn't seem to be updating its nightlies? I am seriously getting ready to make my own unofficial build if they don't update tomorrow. A ton of additions since 1/14, several of which apply specifically to HTC One!

please do! I am missing a lot of features and a few things don't work like quick pulldown (most of the time) and custom hardware key remappings.

Reactions: bc13

howeasy

Apr 9, 2010
New York
got my server set up and its building now. Will let you know when ready.

Look forward to it!

Getting a bit bored of CM and need to satisfy my urge to crack flash, but not seeing much a point since I've heard there's so much new stuff since 1-14!

EDIT: Hey look! 100th post. That's like 22 posts a year... which is kind of sad.

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Guys, my AOKP nightly is uploading now to my Dropbox. I'm going to bed but here's the link where it will be:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcmseg99c1nyn7z/EA_Nr3PHFt

md5 = 50b5ab1ebb53a1b74182b74f539b98be

182.82 MB in root explorer

Changelog later but off top of my head, torch is back, sweep2wake etc now in Stock kernel. Restored notification bar tweaks like RAM usage and network stats. You can now optionally hide signal bars or use signal text.

There is something called notification counter but I haven't used yet. Also option to double tap screen to make device sleep.

almost forgot, clock mode including center clock ported to kk!

Also you can now optionally use volume buttons to zoom in video camera.

Bunch of HTC One specific kernel fixes thanks to Jonathan Steadman and Roman Birg, mostly related to minor bugs in cpu governors.

Last edited:

Nov 21, 2012
Guys, my AOKP nightly is uploading now to my Dropbox. I'm going to bed but here's the link where it will be:

aokp_m7vzw_kitkat_unofficial_2014.zip

md5 = 50b5ab1ebb53a1b74182b74f539b98be

182.82 MB in root explorer

Changelog later but off top of my head, torch is back, screen2wake etc now in Stock kernel. Restored notification bar tweaks like RAM usage.

Enjoy

Thank you sir!

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
Brenuga, thanks for compiling and posting the new build. It's greatly appreciated!

I just installed it, clean flash, and am having an issue. Namely, WiFi is weird. It says I'm connected to the network here in my office with data rates of from 135 to 150 MB/s. Yet, I can't get apps to restore from the Play Store. If I turn off WiFi and turn on mobile data, they start downloading. If I turn off mobile data and turn WiFi back on, they stop.

Any ideas what I might do to rectify it?

Nov 21, 2012
Brenuga, thanks for compiling and posting the new build. It's greatly appreciated!

I just installed it, clean flash, and am having an issue. Namely, WiFi is weird. It says I'm connected to the network here in my office with data rates of from 135 to 150 MB/s. Yet, I can't get apps to restore from the Play Store. If I turn off WiFi and turn on mobile data, they start downloading. If I turn off mobile data and turn WiFi back on, they stop.

Try readding your google account, or wipe data and start over.

Brenuga, thanks for the build it fixed a few bugs I had. A few more bugs (not you of course): Gapps don't get automatically restored but xposed and my DPI settings did. Quick pulldown still doesn't work if I have notifications. Customizing buttons does not work. Other than that, I have great performance and battery life! The kernel and android system hardly use any battery life, I am averaging 1% per hour right now. With vanir 4.3 I was able to easily get 1.5 days of use (~80% used in over 40 hours with 2 hours of screen on time) so hopefully I can get the same here.

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL

I've noticed the same issue on both my home and work networks. Not sure what's going on, my build was completely stock. Its like you can browse web on WiFi but not use play store or tapatalk reliably...? I'm fixing to try a different kernel and see if that helps.

Will look into it some more and try rebuilding ASAP.

Also I noticed the new build has the non intrusive call screen from omnirom, I personally like it a lot. You can turn off in dialer settings if you want to.

Sorry that gapps are not automatically restored, that is annoying I know. Its an aokp issue, I suggest making good use of titanium backup and clean flashing in mean time. I think I know how to modify ROM install script to match what cyanogenmod nightly does, but its going to be Saturday before I can look at it.

Glad you guys like the new build , they've been making good progress on restoring features to kitkat

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Guys, I flashed lunar kernel (aosp version) from here:

http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/buck/lunar/aosp/

And it seems to improve wifi data for now, although there is still a slight initial lag. That issue also being reported on CM thread.

Lunar kernel doesn't fix not being able to customize hw buttons, that's a weird one because it was working on omnirom for m7vzw.

Reactions: Wool02

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for confirming, Brenuga. At least it's not just me! I did, in fact, wipe clean again, install again, same difference. Again, I appreciate your posting the build and hope you can get this sorted out.

I tried it a third time just now, full wipe, then installed ROM, Gapps, and Elite Lunar kernel. Yeah, WiFi does seem to work better with this kernel. We'll look forward to when you get some time to look into things.

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Rebuilding now and im going to try a potential code fix for wifi that flyhalf205, the official CM maintainer for m7vzw, suggested.

Good news is I know how to fix ROM install to keep gapps after dirty flash.

Will post when new build done, not much new feature wise so will really be for testing purposes only. Otherwise, I suggest running lunar kernel aosp til we can confirm fix

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyhalf205

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Fly said the slow data fix seems to work.

Go here, see the lines highlighted in red? Put them back into the appropriate place in your build.prop.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/c8383878868dbb356725b2372251a2a4778e6530

If you don't know how to edit build.prop just wait for me to upload new build in am. I changed the installer script template to allow dirty flashing, this means installer doesn't wipe anything going forward on my builds.

My clean flash goes like this using CWM recovery:

Titanium backup apps plus system data
Factory reset
Advanced > wipe dalvik cache
Make sure you have a ROM zip ready to flash
Mounts > Format /system
Install ROM zip from sdcard

Reactions: Wool02

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
OK the patch worked, I just flashed new build and WiFi works as expected on stock kernel.

You can either edit your build.prop or flash new build which I'm uploading now.

You can dirty flash new build and keep gapps, just wipe dalvik cache before flashing ROM.

Gonna post link here, download should be ready by 10:30 am EST Saturday.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcmseg99c1nyn7z/EA_Nr3PHFt

184 MB

md5 = 20a4316984468131d41d1aa2577a98c1 aokp_m7vzw_kitkat_unofficial_2014-01-25.zip

unconfuse

May 17, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3
First time off sense with this phone. I always loved Aokp so I just had to check this out. Loving it so far! Now to get myself all inverted somehow. Hawk had me spoiled. Anyone have an inverted dialer? Is back to kill option in here and I'm missing it? Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC One

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
First time off sense with this phone. I always loved Aokp so I just had to check this out. Loving it so far! Now to get myself all inverted somehow. Hawk had me spoiled. Anyone have an inverted dialer? Is back to kill option in here and I'm missing it? Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC One

Try this theme and see if you like it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TUN_SD.theme.JellyBlackFree

Or this one, both are favorites of mine:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darkdog.theme.crystal2

unconfuse

May 17, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 3

Jonestown

Jun 27, 2011
I have tried, without a doubt, every rom for the HTC One, or at least a variant of one, IE: GPE/AOSP/SENSE

I can honestly say that I get the best battery life and stability from this rom out of the box, followed by CM11. I don't know why, but I love this thing, and I am dedicated for life.

Thanks for keeping us updated brenuga. :)

brenuga

Feb 16, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I'm building a new unofficial nightly now, hope to upload in a bit.

I've cherry picked a few features that are close to being officially merged:

-Lock screen wallpaper
-Screenshot and screen record toggles (screenshot from power menu coming soon)
- Already there is volume key to wake screen, but I miss having volume control while locked. I think I restored that but will have to test

Otherwise nothing really different from a user perspective from 1/25.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] AOKP KitKat

83.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    81.png

1. Coming from another ROM?
    2. Download the zip(s).
    3. Install a compatible Recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6. Flash AOKP.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

80.png

Official KitKat 4.4 Builds :
    http://aokp.co/devices/m7vzw

Gapps :
    http://goo.im/devs/kxp/gapps/aokp-gapps-kk-20140114-signed.zip

Jellybean 4.3 Build
    http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.p...p/aokp_m7vzw_jb-mr2_unofficial_2013-12-25.zip

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    78.png

Latest merges on Gerrit

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z

82.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    Flyhalf205
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2013-12-21
    Last Updated 2014-06-29
    Just flashed this, but this is pretty close to a stock Google experience. I thought this would have a bunch of customization options like AOKP normally does. Might just take some time. Just a heads up to anyone looking to get a lot of AOKP features.

So It doesn't have all AOKP features?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Soon.

We are starting over with a clean feature base. It will take some time, but it will be worth it I hope :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    So I love AOKP and I finally figured out how to build, as well as use linaro in a build. I have a working linaro 4.9.1 build if people want me to share it. Significantly higher scores on Antutu and such, I feel the improvement.

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbouvkh26ign41v/aokp_m7vzw_kitkat_unofficial_2014-07-23.zip

I personally use PA Gapps and never had a problem. I also suggest sticking with stock kernel. Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I have posted in the OP a link to a 4.3 JellyBean build if anyone is interested.