Should I trade my nexus 5 for g2?

Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Well I was hoping to be on the g2 forums about now but the guy hasn't responded. Not sure why. We had a deal all worked out and everything. Then all of a sudden he stopped answering. Maybe he got annoyed by me or found a better deal. I wish he'd respond f though so I know what to expect:(

Sent from my white LG Nexus 5

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Ok please answer quickly if you can. I need to trade soon. I have two offers. One for the at&t version and one for the Verizon version. Is there any difference (their both unlocked)? Is the soft ware different at all besides all the carrier bloat? And is development better for one than the other? They seem pretty close. Thanks

mikenike500

Mar 19, 2013
Ok please answer quickly if you can. I need to trade soon. I have two offers. One for the at&t version and one for the Verizon version. Is there any difference (their both unlocked)? Is the soft ware different at all besides all the carrier bloat? And is development better for one than the other? They seem pretty close. Thanks

D800 (AT&T) should work on T-Mobile (D801) because it supports all the band the T-Mobile G2 uses. Verizon does not support the same bands so I wouldn't get the Verizon.

Really stick to AT&T/T-Mobile because they're interchangeable.

Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
D800 (AT&T) should work on T-Mobile (D801) because it supports all the band the T-Mobile G2 uses. Verizon does not support the same bands so I wouldn't get the Verizon.

Really stick to AT&T/T-Mobile because they're interchangeable.

Ok thanks a lot. I was suspicious of the guy saying he was running it on T-Mobile. (I use lycamobile which runs on T-Mobile). So what about development wise for the T-Mobile and att version. Which has better/more development? I'm probably getting the att one but there's a chance I could get a T-Mobile one if the guy from before responds

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Thanks. Have you used it and confirmed it works? I've seen lots of people saying these websites are all scams?

I had a buddy who used it on his HTC One but I personally haven't tried it. Like many sites, use with caution. At least if you pay with paypal, you can always dispute and attain a refund.

Sent from my JEE TWO

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I had a buddy who used it on his HTC One but I personally haven't tried it. Like many sites, use with caution. At least if you pay with paypal, you can always dispute and attain a refund.

Sent from my JEE TWO

Well it's only 1.90 so I went lose much of it did failed. Sadly the locked phone I was going to buy for sold so I'll have to find another one. But then if this doesn't work I'll be stuck on att. I'll have to see thanks

mikenike500

Mar 19, 2013
Well it's only 1.90 so I went lose much of it did failed. Sadly the locked phone I was going to buy for sold so I'll have to find another one. But then if this doesn't work I'll be stuck on att. I'll have to see thanks

I just used this website this morning.

Took me 7 minutes to get my code, i'm also on AT&T.

You have nothing to worry about bud, :D.

mikenike500

Mar 19, 2013
Awesome thanks. That's great now I can get a locked one a little cheaper and pay 2 bucks to unlock it

Yeah, just make sure that you get AT&T or T-Mobile.

Verizon - Costs in-between Sprint and AT&T because it's pre-unlocked, but the service can be iffy.

Sprint - Just complete ****e. You can't use other SIMs and expect to have good service.

AT&T and T-Mobile, for example, are $450 on Ebay. Verizon are ~$350-$400 and Sprint have gone anywhere from $250-$350 that I've seen.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Yeah, just make sure that you get AT&T or T-Mobile.

Verizon - Costs in-between Sprint and AT&T because it's pre-unlocked, but the service can be iffy.

Sprint - Just complete ****e. You can't use other SIMs and expect to have good service.

AT&T and T-Mobile, for example, are $450 on Ebay. Verizon are ~$350-$400 and Sprint have gone anywhere from $250-$350 that I've seen.

Right now it looks like I might be going with Verizon. I saw a thread where it said if you flash the T-Mobile fw with a fix from lg flex it works fine with everything even 4g though I won't need that. If I find a cheaper att one I'll get that (T-Mobile seems to be the most expensive) but as of now I have a deal to get a Verizon one as line long as I can sell my nexus 5 first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i came from a note 3 to the g2. it has been perfect in every aspect for me including size and by far the most amazing battery life i've ever gotten on any phone. I too arent worried about updates because i only use aosp custom roms. The g2 is a fingerprint magnet so im not gonna lie about that and i wont know how it'll do in a fall but it seems pretty durable and should withstand a fall lets say from 3 feet or less.You wont be dissapointed at all. Hope i answered some of your questions
    Alright thanks hoping to hear from a couple others as well. Do you think aosp ROMs will be around for it up to date for at least 2 more years? (I think it will but not sure as I haven't seen how active this section is). Also do you have att or T-Mobile version or any other? And what company do you use. My dad told me using an att phone on T-Mobile makes the data not work as well but I thought they were the same phone so I don't know if that makes sense. Thanks for the answer though. If you like it better than note 3 I'm sure I'll like it.

if battery is important to you then yes. No matter what the Nexus 5 fan boy will say or do, they will not beat that extra mAH, its like saying you can swim faster than michael phelps if you keep training for the rest of your life, genetics was built into him and thats what he was born to do.
    its hard to predict how the developer support will be 2 years...
    when you look for newest android stay with n5.
    first i think the g2 is even more value (overall it feels more like an 600€+ phone) for the dollar euro than the n5. i got mine for 379€, the N5 would be 349€ and 399€ in stores here.
    i absolutly love the tiny bezel. the screen just pops right out. compared to its display size, the device is relativ small and can be operated with one hand.
    yes it is an fingerprint magnet. iam thinking of getting protection just because of that fact. until now i have kept it naked and even dropped it twice. i got lucky and it didnt land on the screen. but it did skid face first on the bathroom floor: got lucky, no scrachtes.
    batterylife is really, really good. i also kinda like the lg stock rom. after optimization and heavy debloating and some mods to the notification bar and other xposed goodies i can resist flashing aosp. with the samsung device it was aosp day one always.
    the ois camera, 24hz 192kbits audio playback and hardwarebutton on the back sets the phone apart from other phones. knockon/off also is a really nice feature i dont want to miss ever again.
    after some getting used to the camera and the ips screen (came from amoled) it is a keeper for me. at least until the end of this year:good:
    Can't speak on the rom/flashing aspect since I don't care about that stuff anymore...And while I do miss the build of the N5 (I dunno it just feels nice to hold) the G2 is soooo much better in obvious ways such as display and battery life. Battery life alone is the greatest reason to switch and was the reason I did so. There are also other reasons for the switch that you can read about or you may already know about...The built in remote control is nice to have and can help alleviate boredom if you're somewhere else :)
    @up it's unlocked it doesn't need to be flashed. Anyways I checked the lycamobile site and they said it should work fine

Sent from my white Nexus 5 using tapatalk

I sold my nexus 5, had dings all over the edges from dropping for 380, and bought a brand new lg g2 for 350 lol, best thing ive ever done, the screen on the phone is amazing compared to the n5! i would say do it im loving it! i flashed paranoid and never looked back.

oh yea and the battery life is way better.