Jerky google maps?

Search This thread

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Has anyone else experienced a jerky google maps? I ask because my location dot on maps seems to only move every hundred feet while driving, opposed to being a fluid, continuous movement. I thought it was my note 2, but then I checked a friend's S4 and it did the same thing. May have been the latest maps update....not sure.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Mine was doing the same thing.
I always check the newest to see what they have added.
I don't think it will ever compare to the features of 6.14.4

You can get 6.14.4 here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485892

If you don't like it just revert back to the new fubar

Awesome. I'm going to revert as well. At least it makes me think it is indeed Maps and not my device. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Awesome. I'm going to revert as well. At least it makes me think it is indeed Maps and not my device. Thanks!

I ended up reverting back to an older version of Google Maps as well because I was experiencing similar bugs. I also missed having separate app icons for local, navigation, maps, etc... I went with Maps version 6.14.2, which I believe may have been the last version of that still had all the separate icons. It has been working well for me on my Note 2.

I also reverted my Gmail to an earlier version... I went with Gmail version 4.3.1, because I believe it was the last version available before Google updated Gmail to pre-sort all our email into the 5 different boxes... I just didn't like that.

When I was searching online for the previous versions, I came across a site named Android Drawer http://www.androiddrawer.com/

I thought you all might be interested in it because it has a huge repository of older apps of all kinds. Just search for the app you want and pick your favorite version. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
I ended up reverting back to an older version of Google Maps as well because I was experiencing similar bugs. I also missed having separate app icons for local, navigation, maps, etc... I went with Maps version 6.14.2, which I believe may have been the last version of that still had all the separate icons. It has been working well for me on my Note 2.

I also reverted my Gmail to an earlier version... I went with Gmail version 4.3.1, because I believe it was the last version available before Google updated Gmail to pre-sort all our email into the 5 different boxes... I just didn't like that.

When I was searching online for the previous versions, I came across a site named Android Drawer http://www.androiddrawer.com/

I thought you all might be interested in it because it has a huge repository of older apps of all kinds. Just search for the app you want and pick your favorite version. :)

This is a great resource. Thank you, sir.

Last edited:

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO

Do you know a way to stop the older apps from showing up in the play store as needing to be updated? I have the hacked youtube that doesn't show up as needing an update, but my maps always does now. Not a big deal but it's nice to "update all" and not have maps update.

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Do you know a way to stop the older apps from showing up in the play store as needing to be updated? I have the hacked youtube that doesn't show up as needing an update, but my maps always does now. Not a big deal but it's nice to "update all" and not have maps update.

@kude87

I'm not sure of a simple way to detach apps from the Play Store/Market. I thought Titanium Backup would easily let you do it, but it looks like it doesn't work anymore. I tested it out just a bit ago and it temporarily detached the app... but it linked back to the Market after a reboot.

User cthulu posted information in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50564811&highlight=detached#post50564811 , which talks about a fix. Credit should go to him if it helps you.

:cool:

Reactions: kude87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mine was doing the same thing.
    I always check the newest to see what they have added.
    I don't think it will ever compare to the features of 6.14.4

You can get 6.14.4 here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485892

If you don't like it just revert back to the new fubar

@kude87

I'm not sure of a simple way to detach apps from the Play Store/Market. I thought Titanium Backup would easily let you do it, but it looks like it doesn't work anymore. I tested it out just a bit ago and it temporarily detached the app... but it linked back to the Market after a reboot.

User cthulu posted information in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50564811&highlight=detached#post50564811 , which talks about a fix. Credit should go to him if it helps you.

:cool: