Ad Blocking on ZTE Open
Until there are ad blocking apps for FFOS it needs a DIY method.
I'll assume you know how to use adb and have it set up on your machine. I'll also assume you have rooted your phone following the instructions here
I use Linux so my commands may be a bit off in places.
1. Collect a suitable hosts file. I used the one on my Android phone but this one seems to update regularly http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
2. Save the file as 'hosts' to a known location on your PC.
3. Open a shell window (command window) on your PC and check adb works.
should return roamer2. If not, on your phone, go to settings > More Information > Developer - and check Remote Debugging.
4. In the shell window - change directory to where you have saved the hosts file. then type:-
adb push hosts /sdcard/
5. When that completes type:-
you'll see $ prompt
If you are rooted correctly you'll see # prompt
mount -o remount,rw /system
Mounts the system folder for read / write permissions.
Should show just '127.0.0.1 localhost'
Save this if you want as hosts.old
busybox mv /system/etc/hosts /system/etc/hosts.old
Now replace the hosts file with the new one:-
busybox mv /sdcard/hosts /system/etc/hosts
To check your hosts file has been replaced type
And lots of domain names will whiz past.