Search This thread

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Reactions: InquisitiveG

Effdee

Mar 14, 2011
You remind me of someone :confused:

who ?

and did yoshi put you up to this? becuase he has been pestering me via pm for some time now
very very annoying

and since Farm has finally complied with the GPL there is no issue

Time to make Team Yoshi comply with the GPL now, a rule yoshi has thus far been breaking

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
who ?

and did yoshi put you up to this? becuase he has been pestering me via pm for some time now
very very annoying

Time to make Team Yoshi comply with the GPL now, a rule yoshi has thus far been breaking

You just seem to act like you know everything, and have been an XDA member for what less that 30days? I haven't been a member of XDA long enough to have the ball's to bug people like you do, talking about people need to comply with GPL. Which they should I agree. Glad Farmatito made you happy by complying. He was trying on his own to fix a problem it seemed nobody else wanted to deal with. But you could solve a bug with the kernel in a couple of weeks we have been dealing with for what 10 months or more? You have a 911 and don't see what the big deal is, and the thread is BS. Good for you.Thread topic was favorite sports car, Sorry your unhappy with your Porsche which you probably call a "Porsch" . People like to talk and chit chat and dream if you don't like a thread don't post there please. You seem to be a cocky person who knows all, and everything is beneath you. And no Yohshua in no way put me up to anything. I will stop my rant here, and never replay to or about you again.FR

Last edited:

farmatito

Apr 28, 2009
Oppo Find 7a
who ?

There still is one issue, usb drain bug is only half fixed as there
seem to be 2 bugs really, and I'm still waiting to see how you
"will keep things rolling" to fix it with the right methodology.
You talk and post a lot but so far I see no facts following your
words, nonetheless if you want to share your wisdom with us
it will make happy.

Effdee

Mar 14, 2011
You just seem to act like you know everything, and have been an XDA member for what less that 30days? I haven't been a member of XDA long enough to have the ball's to bug people like you do, talking about people need to comply with GPL. Which they should I agree. Glad Farmatito made you happy by complying. He was trying on his own to fix a problem it seemed nobody else wanted to deal with. But you could solve a bug with the kernel in a couple of weeks we have been dealing with for what 10 months or more? You have a 911 and don't see what the big deal is, and the thread is BS. Good for you.Thread topic was favorite sports car, Sorry your unhappy with your Porsche which you probably call a "Porsch" . People like to talk and chit chat and dream if you don't like a thread don't post there please. You seem to be a cocky person who knows all, and everything is beneath you. And no Yohshua in no way put me up to anything. I will stop my rant here, and never replay to or about you again.FR

Nice story dude, take you a while to hatch that?

Effdee

Mar 14, 2011
There still is one issue, usb drain bug is only half fixed as there
seem to be 2 bugs really, and I'm still waiting to see how you
"will keep things rolling" to fix it with the right methodology.
You talk and post a lot but so far I see no facts following your
words, nonetheless if you want to share your wisdom with us
it will make happy.

Like I said last week, it will be a couple of weeks before I can have a serious look

I note that it is only half fixed, and I also note that the half fix was in the base and not your patches
so well done, your switching code base strategy paid off

farmatito

Apr 28, 2009
Oppo Find 7a
Like I said last week, it will be a couple of weeks before I can have a serious look

I note that it is only half fixed, and I also note that the half fix was in the base and not your patches
so well done, your switching code base strategy paid off

whatever my strategy was it fixed the bug I was seeing and that is enough for me. :)
I hope you will be able to fix the other usb drain bug even if in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

hrk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Rome
whatever my strategy was it fixed the bug I was seeing and that is enough for me. :)
I hope you will be able to fix the other usb drain bug even if in a couple of weeks.

Could you (all) please move your d**k contest somewhere else? :)

Farmatito's work paid off, even if his only merit is having changed code base. He's finally complied with GPL and we should be thankful to him. Yes, he's been way childish but what's important is not the past, but the present. :)

If Yoshi is not abiding by the license, by all means he should be notified but... this is not the proper topic/thread to discuss it.

farmatito

Apr 28, 2009
Oppo Find 7a
Just for information I switched codebase from cm-kernel to pershoot2635 as, If have understood correctly cm-kernel
is affected by the green tint bug. This has nothing to do
with the patch that forward ported some code from 2.6.29
(or backported it from 2.6.35-vivo htc source for what it matters) and fixed the fast usb battery drain after adb session bug I was
experiencing.
I'm in no way childish (most of the time) but I don't like some
unknown and never heard of poster to dictate my schedule
while I'm trying to achieve something.
Last but not least for me it is highly hypocritical to hammer
on this GPL license stuff and ignore happily all other licenses
that are infringed upon. A good old proverb says:
"Don't scratch where it does not itch you".

Reactions: Killadude

roalex

May 29, 2009
Bucuresti
Just for information I switched codebase from cm-kernel to pershoot2635 as, If have understood correctly cm-kernel
is affected by the green tint bug. This has nothing to do
with the patch that forward ported some code from 2.6.29
(or backported it from 2.6.35-vivo htc source for what it matters) and fixed the fast usb battery drain after adb session bug I was
experiencing.
I'm in no way childish (most of the time) but I don't like some
unknown and never heard of poster to dictate my schedule
while I'm trying to achieve something.
Last but not least for me it is highly hypocritical to hammer
on this GPL license stuff and ignore happily all other licenses
that are infringed upon. A good old proverb says:
"Don't scratch where it does not itch you".

Good job on posting the sources and using github :)

Now lets see .37 ?:)

roalex

May 29, 2009
Bucuresti
I've deleted that tree, :( so there is nothing to see.
Can remove the posted binaries If there is a official request.

LOL why ? whats the issue now ?!

in any case there's a 2.6.35.12 (pershot .11 merged with code aurora's .12) + your patches on my github, haven't tried to build yet and i got bored of checking the .11 to .12 patch you had posted there manually, hopefully it works !

Last edited:

farmatito

Apr 28, 2009
Oppo Find 7a
LOL why ? whats the issue now ?!

in any case there's a 2.6.35.12 (pershot .11 merged with code aurora's .12) + your patches on my github, haven't tried to build yet and i got bored of checking the .11 to .12 patch you had posted there manually, hopefully it works !

There was just a few files in kernel/sched*.* that needed to
be merged by hand.

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
i have one question i am currently trying out super e nd was wondering which kernel to flash???? ny help wud be nice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ezterry - kernel 20110222

[size=+1]== 2.6.34.8 Build ==[/size]

May 26, 2011: These kernels are also available via Rom Manager under 'EzTerry'

EBI0 (32b) port for 2.22.* radio users (includes 32a MT1.2/Fender):
    ezBiffTestKernel20110222-ebi0_S.zip
    MD5: 31a358b19b4928791ec419ac8ee90022

EBI1 (32a) port for 3.22.* radio users:
    ezBiffTestKernel20110222-ebi1_S.zip
    MD5: 43cd86fa0cf568949c5162b7c4b14d40

2708 port for 32b only devices with 2.22.27.08 or 2.22.28.25 radios users with 1.33.0013 or 1.33.0013d SPLs
    ezBiffTestKernel20110222-2708_S.zip
    MD5: c6e4b6f34b9f4e5507090b678499198c

Anykernel installers for use on android 2.2 (froyo) roms. Highly recommended as an update to those running my previous 2.6.34.7 builds.

(To those who will install on other versions of android: pre-froyo roms may have issues with camera, particular on 2708+ build or 32a boards; gingerbread can be made to work however will require a compatible vold not in gingerbread by default for USB Mass Storage;)

Key features
    * Derived from my 20101031 build: derived from pershoots 2634 kernel with CM and other patches
    * Linux update from 2.6.34.7 to 2.6.34.8 including many Linux security updates.
    * Updated CPU governors per 2.6.35.* builds (pershoot/cm)
    * added 10MB ram (reducing camera from 16MB to 6MB) for 32a boards (both MT2.1 ebi0 kernel {patch} and classic 32a magic's ebi1 kernel {patch)
    * Some sched updates.
    * Built with gcc version 4.4.3 (via gingerbread tool chain)

Thanks to rattking for helping me test the kernel on a MT1.2/Fender

Known issue:

powering down when USB attached fails [for me anyway].. AC may or may not fail.. so unplug to powerdown. (or as its your phone... don't powerdown)

[size=+1]== Source Code ==[/size]

Build from tag:
    ezBiffTestKernel20110222

[size=+1]== Previous Builds: ==[/size]

October 6th 2010 (ebi0/ebi1) here 595oc
    October 17th 2010 (ebi0 only) here 595oc w/ 1MB ram (dream)
    October 24th 2010 (ebi0/ebi1) here 614OC 1MB ram (dream)
    October 31st 2010 (ebi0/ebi1 + nov6 2708+) here
    nexus/ds/g2 - 2.6.35.9/2.6.32.27 - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    The main difference between froyo and gb (ics too) kernels is the USB stuff. If you use a froyo kernel on gb (and vice versa) USB storage won't work.

The "power saver kernel" (which I don't have a link to) is pershoot's kernel with the USB battery drain bug fixed.

The "power saver kernel" sources could be found at:

https://github.com/bood/htc-magic-kernel.git

The owner of the repository is
    bood (Bood Qian)
    Email boodweb@gmail.com
    URL http://boodweb.sinaapp.com

He asked for the sources and patches (that could be found also in the "power saver kernel" thread)
    and started the git repository, so he is the man to contact for applying new patches, bugfixes etc.

Enjoy.
    Just a FYI of a new build of the CM6.1/CM7 kernel:
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...tlies/page__pid__117678__st__5660#entry117678

Includes anykernels for ebi0/ebi1/2708+