Virgin Mobile and my Evo 4g

Search This thread

Dan_Brutal

May 19, 2010
Patroit's Place, MA
edtdev.com
Just out of curiosity, how is it illegal?

Here is the short version. To unlock cdma phones, you need a donor phone to get the esn, meid, ect, and then clone them in to the phone you are unlocking. I guess cloning the ESN is illegal. And thats a must to unlock cdma phones to run on other carriers. I dont really know if its illegal since I own both phones.

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I know a PRL code is needed... okay, I think a PRL code is needed. As far as I know b_randon14's mod spoofs it. Whether this is a functioning PRL code or not, I do not know.

As to everything else, you know more than I do already.

austrie

Aug 18, 2011
I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...
Try looking in HowardForums' Virgin Mobile USA site (under Sprint Prepaid) if you haven't already. Their information is very good, although it doesn't go beyond anything too "illegal." I would recommend it as a starting point though.

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.

Whats up man,I will give you 40 bucks if you can get me to successfully flash my Epic Touch to Virgin Mobile,i have brand new Optimus V(v2.2.2) as donor phone.

There is this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503386 that just don't work DFS want flash all fields,i managed to get phon e and sms working with QPST on my own with no data.

Can you please help,i spent 150 on Optimus and activation,had to reinstall windows7 and been at this for 4 days now,im ready to murder someone,lol.

CornfedChris

May 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
You realize that even if you get the Evo 4G activated on Virgin Mobile, it's not going to be "4G" anymore?

I would wait until the EVO 3D comes out for Virgin Mobile, and until we actually have WiMAX setup and working (if it's available in your area).

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
You realize that even if you get the Evo 4G activated on Virgin Mobile, it's not going to be "4G" anymore?

I would wait until the EVO 3D comes out for Virgin Mobile, and until we actually have WiMAX setup and working (if it's available in your area).

I've had my evo for almost 3 years and I've never been able to use my 4g. The towns I've lived in had 4g but it was only one strip through the town and I didn't live in the area that actually had it. Only time I was able to use it was once in Las Vegas and it just drained my battery so its not even a big deal that you lose 4G. Sprint is abandoning 4G anyway and going to LTE.

Here is a link that should help everyone get their phones on Virgin.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620377

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
It's nowhere near illegal or that hard to do. I've been using my sprint Epic Touch 4G on Virgin for a few months with no issues (many people have done the same. As long as you are actually paying for the service you use and not cloning someone else's phone, you're legal) . Yes I have no 4g but all the high speed web activity I do is at home on wifi. There is a step by step guide to do it. Just search "epic 4g to virgin" on these forums. It's not simple for someone who doesn't hack their phones but anyone who's had to jailbreak an iPhone should be able to do it. It took a couple of tries for mine to take as I missed a step. Be sure to follow the guide exactly. Google "epic 4g to virgin" and select the guide from groovypost.com if you want a concise guide with screenshots.

Virgin just lanched some wimax devices so i hope we can tap into that pipleine as well. Now to get 4g working...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2