[Mod][4.1.2][TW] Ink Effect No S Pen Now with Red/Black [Darker Ink]

Search This thread

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
So how do I fix it?

I tried the apk for secsettings in the OP but it totally put the ink selections out of order (I.e. green was blue and brown was pink, ect...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Decompile Secsettings and add the arrays and strings to the smali files.

bighapa

Apr 25, 2011
New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

Step 1:
Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
Step 2:
Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.

I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

V2
Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Confirmed Working on
NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman

Hi I flashed the darker inkv2, then the secsettings. The ink is Darker but when I go into settings a lot of things are different. Most of the time when I select a setting it kicks me out of settings and I get a message saying settings had stopped working. Any help is much appreciated. This mod is awesome! By the way I'm running clean rom 4.2.5 att note 2. Thanks again

Last edited:

d_jaxx

Sep 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
V2
Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Hi!

I'm searching for a solution to turn off the grey overlay on black lockscreens when ripple effect is turned on.
Now i found your thread and you have two versions of your mod - with and without this grey shadow.

Would try to do it on my S3.
Can you point me to the right smali and what lines i have to change?
Smaling and baksmaling is no problem for me, but what to do?

Thank you!

Last edited:

PicSoul

Feb 7, 2011
Note 2 running CleanRom AT&T

I tried to install this on a At&t Note 2 running CleanROM AT&T Special Edition. It sort of worked but... colors and names did not match and more importantly i lost access to my battery stats and accessibility options under settings. When i clicked them i would get a long pause followed by a crash to the home screen with a message that read, "unfortunately settings has stop working"

I know the cause is the SecSettings file but have no clue how to "fix" it!

I have now re installed CleanRom AT&T and am back to normal but.... I loved the look of the Red ink effect!

d_jaxx

Sep 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hi!

I'm searching for a solution to turn off the grey overlay on black lockscreens when ripple effect is turned on.
Now i found your thread and you have two versions of your mod - with and without this grey shadow.

Can you point me to the right smali and what lines i have to change?
Smaling and baksmaling is no problem for me, but what to do?

Thank you!

No help for this?

Would be really fantastic!

d_jaxx

Sep 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I am talking about the grey corners on the lockscreen, when using a dark wallpaper!

When ripple effect is turned on, there are grey corners...

attachment.php

When ripple effect is turned off, there are no grey corners...

attachment.php

Both screenshots are with the same -pure black- wallpaper!
First one with Samsung Ripple Effect-Lock - the second one with AOSP-Lock.

How to get rid of this grey overlay?

Thank you!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I am talking about the grey corners on the lockscreen, when using a dark wallpaper!

When ripple effect is turned on, there are grey corners...

attachment.php

When ripple effect is turned off, there are no grey corners...

attachment.php

Both screenshots are with the same -pure black- wallpaper!
First one with Samsung Ripple Effect-Lock - the second one with AOSP-Lock.

How to get rid of this grey overlay?

Thank you!

Ok did you flash the V2 version? Because that's the one that takes the gray overlay away. I had noticed it along time ago which I didn't like! So I told him and he made the V2 zip to remove it :D. Some say the overlay makes it look more like a water affect. But I don't, rather a clean screen..
Just my 2¢ :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

d_jaxx

Sep 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I don't have a Samsung Note II.

The smali should be nearly similar...

Baksmaling and smaling is no problem, but:

Which smali i got to mod?
And what changes i got to do in this smali?

ascian

Nov 3, 2012
I tried to install this on a At&t Note 2 running CleanROM AT&T Special Edition. It sort of worked but... colors and names did not match and more importantly i lost access to my battery stats and accessibility options under settings. When i clicked them i would get a long pause followed by a crash to the home screen with a message that read, "unfortunately settings has stop working"

I know the cause is the SecSettings file but have no clue how to "fix" it!

I have now re installed CleanRom AT&T and am back to normal but.... I loved the look of the Red ink effect!

Same issue. Real bummer.

GuccizBud

Nov 9, 2013
Flashed the red/black mod along with the secsettings file on 4.1.2 Rogers i317M which has Chainfire's root-injected stock ROM and Perseus kernel and there was literally no change, meaning not only did the color selections not change in any way, but nothing negative along the lines of what I've read in this thread happened either. Put another way, it's as if I flashed nothing at all . . . and I did, really, I wasn't dreaming or anything :silly:.

I'm gonna do a bit more experimenting, but if I understand correctly, all in all, there are six (6) possible things that can be done:

1/ Flash the original mod (which I renamed "Finger Ink" for clarity)
2/ Same as above but with grey overlay removed

3/ Flash to add red and black to the original color choices (necessitating SecSettings flash also)
4/ Same as above but with grey overlay removed

5/ Keep the original colors but make them darker
6/ Same as above but with grey overlay removed

If that's precise, I'm gonna try all six to see what's what. I made a NAND backup before I start and I will restore the backup between every trial before trying the next one, and I'll post the results here if it helps the developer in any way.

GuccizBud

UPDATE

So I tried out all six above, and all six of them give me exactly the same result of no change whatsoever . . . nothing added, nothing removed . . . nothing new, but nothing screwed up either. Ink color choices in all cases, even after flashing the SecSettings with the red/black, stay exactly the same, as do their order, and no color choice points to a wrong color (like if green really showed up pink, for eg.).

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, so I guess it just doesn't work with root-injected stock ROM . . . is it maybe an odexing thing? Which would be why those that have had success all seem to be on custom (i.e. deodexed) ROMs?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
    The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

Step 1:
    Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
    Step 2:
    Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.

I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

V2

Confirmed Working on
    NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
    CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
    Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman
    http://db.tt/l7ea68B8

Here is the secsettings.apk from CleanROM 4.0. It should be the same as 4.0.5

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on CleanROM 4.0

Here you go, let me know how it goes.

Here you go, let me know how it goes.
    My phone won't install the classes zip. It installed the first two fine but keeps failing on classes. I'm on Jedi X6 . 1 with persus 28 kernel. It didn't mess up my phone or boot loop. Not sure....

Sent from the highly modded JDevil Note 2
    If your flashing this through recovery you only need to do the first two files. The classes.zip is for dev's to bake it into their ROMs

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Thank you. Working perfect

Sent from the highly modded JDevil Note 2
    Bug confirmed! I'm on CR4.0.5 and have that too but it works perfectly. I hope the amount of download the files get is the same amount of thanks regulusv7 get for this fix. Thanks you more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Regulusv7 did you use the file I sent you or the one Alcapone posted here? I think his was from 4.0 the one I sent by email is pulled straight from CleanRom4.0.5 that am running. I dont think like he said that there is a difference but I'll ask scott and see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Did you send me Secsetting.apk? i just saw andoid.policy.jar.
    I only made smali changes so if the public.xml file in the values folder has different associations that can happen. I can send you the secsettings.apk if you want to test that to see if it still happens.