[Q] Straight Talk Data INFO

Search This thread

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
How do I port everything from one phone to another (cloning)? I need like the data info and MMS, etc, also what PRL?

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
How do I port everything from one phone to another (cloning)? I need like the data info and MMS, etc, also what PRL?
Cloning is highly illegal...however...you can pay straight talk 15 bucks and activate their service easily through their website legally...and everything works...including data and mms

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
I just want Straight Talk to work on this thing and no one seems to want to help. I though these forums knew there stuff!!!

Last edited:

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
Give me a few...busy building a ROM lol

Ok Thanks!!! I just need to know how to get the Sprint network to switch over to straight talk.

Screenshot:
Screenshot_2014-09-01-01-52-50.png

I blacked out the MEID, ICCID, and IMEI. So what must I do to make this receive mobile connection?

ghiamann

Sep 24, 2012
As long as you have a clean phone released by sprint, you can go through straight talk. There aren't many people at straight talk that know how to do it. I had to call them, and you need to make them understand that this is a byop Sprint Samsung galaxy s3 on sprint's 4g/LTE cdma network. I had to hang up and call back a few times to get someone who knew how to switch it over. I was already on straight talk with a droid x2 through the byop program, and they were eventually able to transfer my service to the s3 at no cost to me, and have my service end date transfer too. Persistence paid off, now I have a sweet s3 rocking 4g with unlimited (3gb/month) data for under $50/month.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
As long as you have a clean phone released by sprint, you can go through straight talk. There aren't many people at straight talk that know how to do it. I had to call them, and you need to make them understand that this is a byop Sprint Samsung galaxy s3 on sprint's 4g/LTE cdma network. I had to hang up and call back a few times to get someone who knew how to switch it over. I was already on straight talk with a droid x2 through the byop program, and they were eventually able to transfer my service to the s3 at no cost to me, and have my service end date transfer too. Persistence paid off, now I have a sweet s3 rocking 4g with unlimited (3gb/month) data for under $50/month.

Thanks! yes I called them the first time and they told me it wasn't possible. They said it wasn't compatible.

EDIT: Did they have to create a ticket for you and give you a network code?

Last edited:

ghiamann

Sep 24, 2012
I don't remember what number I called, but it wasn't anything special. I went to straight talk, logged into my account and looked up 'contact us'. I picked the number for cell phone support- I remember it ended with 'cell (2355)'. Told them what I had and that I wanted to port my number from the droid to the s3. When they told me I couldn't do it, I told them it was possible. When they argued with me I said fine, I'll call back and get someone that actually knows what's going on. If they pay any attention to the post call surveys, there are at least 5 people there that should be getting retrained or fired. I believe it took a total of eight calls to them to get the s3 on correctly. The last couple of calls required getting to the port escalation department, but I think that was more a fault of the previous provider on the s3 not properly releasing the phone after it was cancelled. Hope this helps.

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
I don't remember what number I called, but it wasn't anything special. I went to straight talk, logged into my account and looked up 'contact us'. I picked the number for cell phone support- I remember it ended with 'cell (2355)'. Told them what I had and that I wanted to port my number from the droid to the s3. When they told me I couldn't do it, I told them it was possible. When they argued with me I said fine, I'll call back and get someone that actually knows what's going on. If they pay any attention to the post call surveys, there are at least 5 people there that should be getting retrained or fired. I believe it took a total of eight calls to them to get the s3 on correctly. The last couple of calls required getting to the port escalation department, but I think that was more a fault of the previous provider on the s3 not properly releasing the phone after it was cancelled. Hope this helps.

Thanks! The fact that it can be done I will for sure stay on them about this.

ghiamann

Sep 24, 2012

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011

They made me a ticket and said it could take 24/48 hours to process. Did they have to do that for you?

ghiamann

Sep 24, 2012
Yes. That was right before I found out the previous carrier had not released the phone properly. Getting that done quickly involved threatening the old carrier with the better business bureau.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

w4rl0

Jan 15, 2011
Yes. That was right before I found out the previous carrier had not released the phone properly. Getting that done quickly involved threatening the old carrier with the better business bureau.

So now I do not have any service, what do i need to do? I also edited some stuff through DFS CDMA Tool. However i did a factory hard reset on it so I do not know what.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-01-14-15-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-01-14-15-59.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2014-09-01-14-16-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-01-14-16-10.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude straight talks website...look for bring your own phone for CDMA on their