$40 iBeats by Dre (normally $200)

Search This thread

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
This was on eBay's special offer so I don't think they would be fakes but can someone confirm these?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Patsfan123

May 23, 2010
Quincy, MA
More than 10 available / 2,949 sold

Beats by Dr. Dre Monster iBeats Earbuds Headphones from HTC Rezound

These Dr. Dre iBeats Earbuds are priced to sell out quickly- so act now. A major telecommunication firm bundled these custom made ibeats with a major cell phone and we got a great deal on the excess.

Lol, HTC says they can't give you headphones anymore because they can't source them, and then Verizon sells them as excess to an eBay seller because they have too many. I guess the phone wasn't a resounding success.

simplicityy

Oct 12, 2011
Are these even worth it? I've been skeptical about the whole Beats stuff, and if they're actually worth it or just a gimmick. I haven't gotten around to test them because... well I haven't found the opportunity to. I can PROBABLY test the overhead headphones, but I doubt I'll be able to find these for testing.

Can anyone with legitimate experience with headphones confirm if these In-ear ones are worth getting?

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Coming from someone who has owned Solo HDs, Tours, Studios, and iBeats, I would say the in ear ones are not worth it, period, and that its better to invest in the over the ear, for two reasons.

One, I usually use in ear headphones for casual use, in the gym, anywhere where I just stuff them in my picket after using them. So I don't really take care of them at all, and the headphone plug is usually the thing that breaks. The plug on the Beats is nothing special, the actual speakers are. So with that in mind, I broke my Tours 3 months in twice, and now awaiting the warranty ones to come in so I can sell them new. I prefer $20 JVC Marshmellow headphones since again, I don't use in ears for anything special. And if they break, just go and buy another pair, nothing to freak out about. Great sound too, and very light.

Now for the on ear ones, Solo HDs and Studios, I've listened to plain Solos and for the extra $30, the quality is definitely noticeable. The Solos just are a bass house, while the Solo HDs are a lot more balanced and have better sound. The Studios are better, clearly, and offer real notice cancellation that actually works. The only downside, is the constant use of batteries. I hated that. I prefer my Solo HDs to the Studios mainly because of that. Now, if the cable on the Solos/Studios breaks, I can simply get another for $5-15, depending the the brand since its just a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm, nothing proprietary or fancy.

In the end, using White Solo HDs and loving every second. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from someone's Galaxy Nexus running AOKP + Franco

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Beats <<<

Honestly these headphones put out some junky sound.

Thanks for the link though!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Plasmamuffins

Apr 7, 2010
iBeats sucks in my opinion. It's really bass heavy and both treble and bass are muddy. After a short period of time, they actually start to hurt the inside of your ear canals. They aren't worth $200 like eBay says, they're worth $99. But $40 is a good price for mediocre headphones. If you want to spend a little extra cash, I would recommend you get the klipsch s4i. I switched to them after using the iBeats for a year and I'm disappointed at what I've been missing this whole time. They're balanced, bass heavy when need be, and they don't hurt after prolonged periods of use. I love my klipsch s4i's. They're $99 as well. :p

I'm not trashing Beats btw, the big headphones from Dr. Dre are pretty good. Albeit a bit pricey.

Sent from my SGH-I777

Dimatchka

Dec 18, 2011
Brooklyn
iBeats sucks in my opinion. It's really bass heavy and both treble and bass are muddy. After a short period of time, they actually start to hurt the inside of your ear canals. They aren't worth $200 like eBay says, they're worth $99. But $40 is a good price for mediocre headphones. If you want to spend a little extra cash, I would recommend you get the klipsch s4i. I switched to them after using the iBeats for a year and I'm disappointed at what I've been missing this whole time. They're balanced, bass heavy when need be, and they don't hurt after prolonged periods of use. I love my klipsch s4i's. They're $99 as well. :p

I'm not trashing Beats btw, the big headphones from Dr. Dre are pretty good. Albeit a bit pricey.

Sent from my SGH-I777

I got my s4i for around 50 on amazon

Sent from my SGH-I777

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
If someone has a link for a good price on some s4i or similar iems I'd really appreciate that. Looking to upgrade from the "higher end" skullcandies. And in my experience those skullcandies blew the beats ear buds out of the water. Beats are truly a fashion accessory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

fmarino22

Jun 24, 2012
If someone has a link for a good price on some s4i or similar iems I'd really appreciate that. Looking to upgrade from the "higher end" skullcandies. And in my experience those skullcandies blew the beats ear buds out of the water. Beats are truly a fashion accessory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I get all of my earphones from Earphone Solutions:

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/

I have been using the Shure SE215's lately and I think they are great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Id like to know as well :D

(⊙_⊙)

Ebay is very very strict about selling counterfiets. I would say overall they're most likely real.
    Coming from someone who has owned Solo HDs, Tours, Studios, and iBeats, I would say the in ear ones are not worth it, period, and that its better to invest in the over the ear, for two reasons.

One, I usually use in ear headphones for casual use, in the gym, anywhere where I just stuff them in my picket after using them. So I don't really take care of them at all, and the headphone plug is usually the thing that breaks. The plug on the Beats is nothing special, the actual speakers are. So with that in mind, I broke my Tours 3 months in twice, and now awaiting the warranty ones to come in so I can sell them new. I prefer $20 JVC Marshmellow headphones since again, I don't use in ears for anything special. And if they break, just go and buy another pair, nothing to freak out about. Great sound too, and very light.

Now for the on ear ones, Solo HDs and Studios, I've listened to plain Solos and for the extra $30, the quality is definitely noticeable. The Solos just are a bass house, while the Solo HDs are a lot more balanced and have better sound. The Studios are better, clearly, and offer real notice cancellation that actually works. The only downside, is the constant use of batteries. I hated that. I prefer my Solo HDs to the Studios mainly because of that. Now, if the cable on the Solos/Studios breaks, I can simply get another for $5-15, depending the the brand since its just a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm, nothing proprietary or fancy.

In the end, using White Solo HDs and loving every second. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from someone's Galaxy Nexus running AOKP + Franco