[Q] Help Youtube "Connection to server lost"

Search This thread

rickylims

Oct 4, 2011
when i wanna play youtube always get "connection to server lost, touch to retry", i'm in sprint stock rom with mobile package data active, for internet is no problem, on wifi can play, when i tethering my phone as modem and i connect to my computer for play youtube is ok. it just cant play only in a phone.

somebody can help thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-19-04-23-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-19-04-23-22.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Screenshot_2013-09-20-02-54-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-20-02-54-21.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,073

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Usually I just exit the app, hold the home button and clear all recent apps and then it works again.

-------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM
Hit the "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Easy fast simple solution when this occurs and usually after an update. Just uninstall the app completely and then go back to google play store and redownload the app.

Have a great day!

rickylims

Oct 4, 2011
I have been tried all the way ( clear, uninstall update etc) but still error... I tried to install other program 'tubemate' still cant connect /play the video, but when i download the video first and play later is no problem..

Maybe something wrong with my data package on my carrier??? Hmmm..

Thanks for all advise...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

mrotenlu

Feb 13, 2009
I have been tried all the way ( clear, uninstall update etc) but still error... I tried to install other program 'tubemate' still cant connect /play the video, but when i download the video first and play later is no problem..

Maybe something wrong with my data package on my carrier??? Hmmm..

Thanks for all advise...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Im getting the same thing on my tablets now (nexus 7 and 10). Uninstalling updates solves the issue, but then again I want the new sweet app... Any solution for this?

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Im getting the same thing on my tablets now (nexus 7 and 10). Uninstalling updates solves the issue, but then again I want the new sweet app... Any solution for this?

Remove (uninstall) the app completely, go back to play store and get the new updated app again fresh install.

Have a great day!

peej4ygee

Apr 10, 2011
Edit: But disabling Adblock Plus does fix it.

Ty, I've been hunting for a solution for some time now, and I didn't think of something like that.... It is true, when I disabled AdBlock Plus, I didn't see the error again.

Guess I either need a replacement for Adblock Plus, or something in it's settings to change?? hmmmm.

Again though, thanks again!!!!

:good::good::good::good::good::laugh:

Reactions: X82X

X82X

Jan 12, 2011
wow thanks for this. It's been driving me insane. I removed Adblock Plus and it worked. So I installed AdAway and rebooted. Seems to still work fine also. So try that ad blocking app out. So far so good.

firelogic

Feb 6, 2011
Solved ! ( apparently not related to AdBlockPlus)

To make a long story short, I don't have AdBlockPlus but i DO have DroidWall installed.
just forgot I had to allow "MediaServer" to access the internet (as well as YouTube of course) - problem solved.

i7vSa7vi7y

Account currently disabled
Feb 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
This has been happening to me. I fixed it by going to manage apps. YouTube, Delete cache, delete data, uninstall updates and I clicked the turn off button. Ran cleanmaster app and removed junk files. Then I rebooted and turned youtube back on and now videos will play. I'm on the Galaxy S4 stock.
Hopefully this helps someone

By the way Facebook wouldn't play any videos it would say "can't play video" and now Facebook is playing the same videos that it couldn't before.

Last edited:

Two_byte_Four

Apr 27, 2011
To make a long story short, I don't have AdBlockPlus but i DO have DroidWall installed.
just forgot I had to allow "MediaServer" to access the internet (as well as YouTube of course) - problem solved.

:good:

Thanks that did it for me as well. Have been searching on the internet but no real solution for people with a firewall or a privacy app (pdroid/xprivacy etc). But this made it work on my S4.

Thanks! :laugh:

reyhen25

Apr 14, 2013
Hi i have the same issue

first i dont have adblock or droidwall but still the problem persist, and only on my wifi connection, even on browser the m.youtube wont work, i tried everthing ,clear cache and data,restart,pull the battery,change rom,update the app,restart,google,seek help, i gave up, please help me it has something to do with proxy thing but, i dont have a proxy setting on my settings im using gingerbread 2.3.6, i also tried apps like proxydroid and all of its kind, still doesnt fix my problem, im so frustrated with this thing. I cant watch youtube videos anymore please help to fix this, i just saw this "All you need to do is ensure that Proxy settings is set as None and not Manual. That’s all, my best bet is that you will now be able to play the videos in the YouTube app." but i dont have setting like done, please help me, thanks in advance :(

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
first i dont have adblock or droidwall but still the problem persist, and only on my wifi connection, even on browser the m.youtube wont work, i tried everthing ,clear cache and data,restart,pull the battery,change rom,update the app,restart,google,seek help, i gave up, please help me it has something to do with proxy thing but, i dont have a proxy setting on my settings im using gingerbread 2.3.6, i also tried apps like proxydroid and all of its kind, still doesnt fix my problem, im so frustrated with this thing. I cant watch youtube videos anymore please help to fix this, i just saw this "All you need to do is ensure that Proxy settings is set as None and not Manual. That’s all, my best bet is that you will now be able to play the videos in the YouTube app." but i dont have setting like done, please help me, thanks in advance :(

How about upgrading from that dinosaur you're using? Gingerbread is like 4 years outdated.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

vlatko019

May 7, 2013
Zaječar
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
No AdBlock, Firewall, root or custom ROM

I have stock device 4.3 android (not Samsung btw.). As i said, no adblock/firewall/custom rom etc.
When I updated YouTube app, I got that connection problem.
I've tryed reinstalling, changing DNS1 and 2, clearing data... Nothing helped...
Any suggestions?

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Remove (uninstall) the app completely, go back to play store and get the new updated app again fresh install.

Have a great day!
That doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

I have stock device 4.3 android (not Samsung btw.). As i said, no adblock/firewall/custom rom etc.
When I updated YouTube app, I got that connection problem.
I've tryed reinstalling, changing DNS1 and 2, clearing data... Nothing helped...
Any suggestions?

It's happening to me now too. But since mine's installed as a User App and not a System App, I can't just uninstall the updates, although I did try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling. No joy.

I've tried a dozen different things. You should know that lots of people post lots of "solutions", but for 95% of the users, none of them work.

I'm hurting especially bad, because it happens to me on both types of connections (4G & WiFi). I even tried a 3rd party YouTube app and that wouldn't work either.

All this since today's (or last night's?) v10.25.57 YouTube update!

I am running a Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy (SGH-M819N) Mega
KitKat 4.4.4 (Stock), Rooted

Thank You.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Ty, I've been hunting for a solution for some time now, and I didn't think of something like that.... It is true, when I disabled AdBlock Plus, I didn't see the error again.

Guess I either need a replacement for Adblock Plus, or something in it's settings to change?? hmmmm.

Hi,

I tried disabling AdAway and reverting back to the original Hosts file, but no joy.

This time, it's affecting both my 4G & WiFi connections. When this happened before, I could at least watch it on 4G.

The weird thing is, that if I'm not signed in, I can watch videos. But once I sign in, EVEN WHEN USING A 3RD PARTY YOUTUBE APP, I have the problem!

Yes, eventually a YouTube update will come through that will fix it (could be 6 months or so), but I'm thinking that something "underneath" it all got updated/changed at the same time, because otherwise;

Why would it affect me only when I sign in?

And if it was limited to only the YouTube app being updated and there isn't anything else being changed at the same time in the background where you don't see it, then how could 3rd party YouTube apps be affected when you sign in to them with your Google (Gmail) account?

See what I mean? Something else, "under the hood" simply must be going on, amen?

TTYL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i did this also, but i get again the same error... what the $%#& is up with youtube !??
    Same issue here. Reinstalling doesn't fix it.